35 coaches online • Server time: 16:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Britain percentage of people with straight teeth? Nah... It's too easy Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

the only good elf is a dead elf

ok and a spit roasted over an open fire elf

--j

ImageImage
Meech

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
One day he invents the Six Degrees game... one day he asks ppl from the other part of the world if they know some co-workers...

grrr, we must stop this guy!
Very Happy

You can't stop them, if it's one thing that South Park has taught me, Canadians are evil.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Depressingly this happens a lot to me.

I'm British (also English, European, a Londoner etc but lets not get into that) with an Americn wife. Whenever we are in the US I get the 'Oh, so you're from London, Say, you must know Bob!'

I used to reply 'No, unlike your silly, inbred, little hometown in Hicksville; London has a population of 8 million+ and i know only a small fraction of them, so it is highly unlikely I have ever met Bob'

After my wife pointed out that this may be offensive to the very small percentage of Americans that understand Sarcasm i changed it to:

'Yes, i know Bob. Blimey, thats means your THAT chuck/randy/billy-joe-john-henry, Wow, Bob says some terrible things about you, but I'm sure they can't all be true.'

And there is a country just called 'Canada'? Wierd, I thought it was called 'CandaNotAmercia'. Here in the Uk, when asked where they are from thats what they always say 'CanadaNotAmerica'. An entire nation with an inferiority complex.
Very Happy
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Great entertainment for last thing on a Friday afternoon...
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Morley's Revenge saved my amazons against a super killer orc team. Nothing like winning a game vs some high TS orcs while their 4st tackle mighty blow piling-on blitzer is sittin on the toilet Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

purple you're from london?...dude! you must know my friend jim!!

how's he doing?? Very Happy

--j

ImageImage
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Jim's dead, I'm afraid.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I lived in London briefly.... Ok, I lied, I lived in New Town Harlow briefly. Our inferiority complex is funny.... A lot of Canadian humour is self-deprecating, but the "notamerica" thing is more like..... Irish being called English, Belgians being called French, Austrians being called German.... We have this thing about dis-liking that which is closest to us. Actually, I think there is a whole thread onthis somewhere....

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is a good thing not to be American.
But maybe it's just me... Rolling Eyes

ps: don't want to offend nice US ppl out there...

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, AFK_Eagle is american, and he's great. So's BMM, for that matter..... But that Furious George Avatar...... Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

My Grandfather was born near Quincy, Mass. Maybe that's one of the reasons I never understood the continuing badmouthing of americans, when the people are not the same as the goverment, even if it's a democracy.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute............................................................................ BadMrMojo lives in Mass........ Are you guys ACTUALLY related?????????????

(On a more serious note, I've liked nearly all Americans I've met, government policies and people are very different things. Even people I disagree with politically, I can quite like.)

/me inserts quote by John Lennon, or Jesus, or Gandhi....

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a good thing not to be American = I am glad I am not American = I would not like to live in America today.

The three statements above are not in any way related to Americans as human beings. But "being an American" means living in a country with policies and a way of life I don't like to say the least.

That's why I added my "ps"... I have no problems with Americans as human beings myself.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think so, unless my greatgrandfather fathered any illegitimate children, which I doubt.

Jump to: