20 coaches online • Server time: 09:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post IBA Draft Leaguegoto Post Practice leage for A...goto Post Making Assassins mor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2006 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth, I wanted to reply to your post just in case any new coaches are confused as to the process, but your team is good to go.

Once applied it may be a while for BB-pad and I to 'accept' a team into a tournament, simply because we want to keep separated those teams that are currently playing from the teams that are applied for the next running of the tourney.

Once applied, the OCCS staff can see which teams have applied, and in what order, this allows us to start the next tournament with as many coaches as we are able, on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks for playing, now will someone please stop Farinroderel from running away with it!? Twisted Evil
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The final of this years first major has now been played. The Cabalvision Athletic Cup 2006 final is well worth a replay I think. Have a read of the match report too:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1178250

Gratz to Jinxed who trimmed my team for me! Smile Shame he didn't just focus on the niggled players though! Sad

Post   Posted: May 06, 2006 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The OCCS implements a scoring system which decides on how teams are seeded for the tournaments.

Just out of curiosity: How does this seeding process work?

I am quite surprised that the team currently placed 2nd would meet the team placed 12th in the first round of a 16-team tournament (Albion Regional Challenge 05-06) when 15 of the other 16 competing teams have less points in the currently running season of the OCCS. I would have expected they could not have meat before the final.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I just applied for several Cups. Wink
Mully

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

In a 16 team tourney FUMBBL takes the 1st 8 teams and matches them vs 2nd the 8 teams in random order. So you could have 1 vs 9 in the 1st round.

Not great but its too much work for tourney organizers to go back in and switch everyone around manually.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I have a 202 Tr orc team, but i can easily lower the Tra bit.
Can I join, if so, how?
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
In a 16 team tourney FUMBBL takes the 1st 8 teams and matches them vs 2nd the 8 teams in random order. So you could have 1 vs 9 in the 1st round.

Not great but its too much work for tourney organizers to go back in and switch everyone around manually.

That's not what happened, 1st team play against 3rd (based on OCCS points) in that particular tournament.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well then I think its because maye only the majors are seeded by OCCS points.

Pad is on vacation and wont be able to answer for another week.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You first need to join the OCCS main group, then based on TR you may join the applicable Tourney that you want to play in.

team management is a big part of BB, FUMBBL, and the OCCS so trim TR if you want to or play at the higher level, either way welcome to the OCCS!!!

You can PM me if you need help, have questions, etc.

Thanks,

Da_Todfatha

AlvaroErize wrote:
Hi, I have a 202 Tr orc team, but i can easily lower the Tra bit.
Can I join, if so, how?
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel, I don't know where you were reading that seeding issue, it maybe a throwback to the way it used to be done, or it may mean just the Majors. If you can tell me where you read that I'll look into it.

Otherwise, like Mully said, BB-Pad is on vacation. I will tell you that it's tough enough making sure all the tourneys stay on schedule, I dunno if Pad wants to mess with seeding them like that, but he seems to be quite the statistician. Wink
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 12, 2006 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
Farinroderel, I don't know where you were reading that seeding issue, it maybe a throwback to the way it used to be done, or it may mean just the Majors. If you can tell me where you read that I'll look into it.

It's on the OCCS main page. I'll quote again:
Quote:
-Scoring-
The OCCS implements a scoring system which decides on how teams are seeded for the tournaments. Points for games played within a tourney will be awarded as follows:

Win = 5pts

Tie = 3pts (this includes KO games decided by coin toss)

Loss = 1 pt

Concession = 0pts (if game actually played)

Forfeit = -5pts (penalty not enforced if next opponent forfeits too)

Quote:
Otherwise, like Mully said, BB-Pad is on vacation. I will tell you that it's tough enough making sure all the tourneys stay on schedule, I dunno if Pad wants to mess with seeding them like that, but he seems to be quite the statistician. Wink

Well, I 'm aware of that, that's why I asked
Farinroderel wrote:

Just out of curiosity: How does this seeding process work?

Wink
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The OCCS scoring being used for seeding was indeed a leftover from the old format. The problem now is that it means that the scores need to be transferred to the sub-groups which for Minors is really too much admin work. I think for the quarterly Majors it adds a certain incentive to do well in the minors, so I'd propose keeping it and I've changed the Main page to reflect this but I'm open to other ideas.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Does this OCCS feel to anyone else like a bash fest? I've entered 7 teams in to different tournaments this season, with only 4 teams going into more than one mini tournament. Surely the set up of this, being a monthly accumulation of points over the year is heavily in favour of av9 teams?

In the top 20 so far in the OCCS there are just two Agility4 teams, and eight Armour9 teams. Of all the teams entered into the competition there are just 7 Agility4 teams and 22 Armour9 teams with a 200+TR.

I'm as bad, as I have Orcs, Chaos Dwarves, Undead, Dwarves, Norse, as well as High Elves and Pro Elves... of those only the Orcs, Chaos Dwarves, Undead and Pro Elves have entered more than one competition.

My question is, is there something that can be done to redress the balance? I figure that after I rebuild by elves once again I will only play in the majors and hope to get to the final in each one, because I av7 teams, in particular Wood Elves and Pro Elves, who are less bashy in nature, can't compete in both minis and majors without getting crunched every other game.

Don't get me wrong... I like the challenge of playing my pro Elves against bashier teams and winning, but I am getting disheartened by the state of affairs. My team hasn't done badly, but I've played against killer teams for at least 4 games in a row. Sad

Perhaps I'm just depressed at the current state of my team, so don't flame me too much! Smile
Mully

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfud - no, I feel exactly the same way. And as a coach of CDs can't point the blame to others. I skipped this month's tourneys primarily because almost all the teams were one dimensional and it didnt look like fun.

This is no fault of the league commish. It is a probelm with blood bowl in general. At high TRs, tourneys favor the high AV teams because sooner or later the low AV team gets "whacked". Sucks but true.

I suggest putting some type of race limitation into each tourney. Ie no more than 4 of 8 teams can be Orc/CD/Khemri etc. If the tourney doesnt fill, then reopen it up to all races. Then , at least, you can blame the low AV coaches for not getting it when they had the chance.

Not a great solution, but Ive banged my head against the wall about this issue over the past year and have yet to figure out a good one yet.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

We can blame the Agility team coaches because the coaches that apply are accepted in the order in which they apply, therefore if 15 agility teams apply and only one ST team, then it'll be a 16 team tourney with 15 Agility teams. It's just you gotta flood the system with AG teams. but lets face it AV 7 doesn't protect you much from another Agility team either, and it's easier and safer to pick your matches carefully in open play than to risk getting an unfavorable matchup in a tourney.

as to team limits...The only problem I have with limiting the number of a certain kind of team is how outraged would those same Agility coaches be if they saw me eliminate an agility squad from a tournament and recruit an orc team to take it's place in order to maintain balance?

Anyway, just mentioning it here in the forums seems to have done the trick as there are a number of AG teams for the June Tournaments. Most notably, RRC: 2 WE, and 1 Skaven; ARS has DE, HE, AM,Skaven, Khemri; Albion: CD, HUM, Rotter, Khemri, ELF; Amorcial: Chaosx4, Humanx2, CD, Necro.
 Jump to: