46 coaches online • Server time: 16:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2013 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they do. Last season, the Uzkulak Marauders switched with the Black Mountain FORC'ers, who were originally drafted in to the Albion Conference. Only restriction is they can't change with the conference captain. So the two conferences could still change a fair bit.

Awesome logo again, as always!

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2013 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing with the Swiss system is that you can only win the league by playing (and beating) the other high performing teams, so there is no real advantage in having a league full of rookies, unless they start winning all their games Razz

Speaking of which ag4 and a wizard is always a tough challenge, right?

Anyway, gl to everyone next season. Now Drrek, are you going to make any more inspiring predictions?
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2013 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping for a better showing from the Pirates! After the opportunity to win the Bretonnia conference was lost on a coin flip, there is reason for optimism.

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2013 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, they choose, as detailed in the league info: "... Starting with the earliest granted Royal Pardon, teams may select any other team from the other conference (not including teams that have already used a Royal Pardon this season, or the conference champions) and switch places with them."
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2013 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

oops, a bit late. Guess i forgot to refresh the screen for too long.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2013 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking News
Morgheim Minions use Pardon to switch to Albion
Uzkulak Marauders take their place in Bretonnia

The current Royal Pardon holders have decided to exercise their option to switch conference with last season's Pardon holders. The Albion Conference will now have two rival Chaos Pact teams, while the Bretonnia Conference has to deal with the Chaos Dwarves.

New season coming up!

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2013 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Confused about part of the draft process...

gjopie wrote:
Round 1
Grey Mountains Deep Evil automatically drafted to Albion
Amazon Isle Rangers drafted to Albion
Sylvania Bonegrinders transfer to Bretonnia...

Why is the Necro team (Bonegrinders) transferred over to Bretonnia at this point? I thought forced transfers were only to keep 2 teams from the same race in diff conferences whenever possible.

The DElf team gets automatically bumped to split up the 2 DElfs teams (Exiles and Deep Evil), but why does drafting a Zon team push out a Necro team? What's causing this "transfer"?

Quote:
Round 2
Saphery Titans drafted to Albion
Serpent Coast Scavengers drafted to Bretonnia
New Bretonnia Expatriates stay in Albion

A wise blocking move by the Exiles, to avoid the Expats. But we'll be waiting... Cool

And BCR - don't think we've forgotten about you, or Sleak!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2013 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the Bonegrinders were just the first pick for Bretonnia, there's no automatic thing. Gjopie is just using the word "transfer" to indicate they are moving conferences. At least that's how Im reading it?

Drafted = new team, stay/transfer = existing team.

I was suprised by the pick too, the Bonegrinders were one of the best teams last season, winning all their games except the two times they got diced by the Goldlords. I had them very near the bottom of my list.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2013 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
I think the Bonegrinders were just the first pick for Bretonnia, there's no automatic thing. Gjopie is just using the word "transfer" to indicate they are moving conferences. At least that's how Im reading it?

Drafted = new team, stay/transfer = existing team

Spot on. They weren't forced out, they were just "transferred" by the Exiles. When there is an forced transfer, I think I've put "automatically transferred".

I guess the confusion is I'm using English sports terminology to explain a draft, which is extremely rare in English sports!

And yes - BCR and the Expats have been split up this season! We'll have to renew our rivalry in the post-season - see you in the cup! (Without me to keep you out of it this season, it should be easier for you Wink)

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2013 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

And the Sylvania Bonegrinders get the first win of Season III. Congratulations! Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2013 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ty ty. Warms my heart to read such nice things about my team. Was bit lazy in post-season but now pumped up again and ready to take team 1 step further than last season and fight for top spot. Good luck for everyone... my wolves are hungry Smile

Last edited by Mihme on %b %07, %2013 - %00:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2013 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, got it - thx.

Got a tough one right out of the gate, v. the champs, Goldlords, but we'll see how it goes.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2013 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Ah, got it - thx.

Got a tough one right out of the gate, v. the champs, Goldlords, but we'll see how it goes.

As long as someone (anyone!) beats them this season, I'll be happy!

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2013 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The Albion Conference opened with a battle of the two new elf teams. Nuffle decided to play with the weather as the game started in the rain and then sent the temperature soaring. He also stuck his finger into dodges and blocks. However his interference was even handed. The basically unskilled wood elves from Tettoverde were able to squeak out a victory thanks to a mid-2nd half stall during the heat while 4 high elves sat on the Saphery bench having fluids injected into their veins.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2013 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

well, gjopie, yov got yovr wish Smile

And I think everyone will be happy that Smeat and Chainsaw get to have a meaningfvl rematch after the entertainment they provided last time.
 Jump to: