57 coaches online • Server time: 16:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Crossdressers are through to their 5th main tournament!
Coach is as always relieved that the girls are vastly better than his coaching-skills even though my wiz was slightly better this game than the last. Still no real use of it this game either really, except for the threat ofcourse.

Gamereport follows:
UI IX Qualifier Final: Golden Lantern

Dressers brought a wiz, and recieved. Grinded it downfield in slow pace, getting some elves out and scored in turn 8. Riot and elves had two turns to score and I had positioned myself to defend against a oneturner. Still, my defence was very crappy and the ag5-leaper could easily score with a leap,dodge,2gfis.

Second half.
11 girls vs 10 elves. Pitch invasion. 2 girls vs 5 elves down due to fame(!).
Aggressive defence from the girls combined with that every blitz my girls did resulted in a ko or better gave the elves few options. And an important foul on one of two superelves that was a ko. After I had the ball again, the girl with witchcraft just touched the superelf and was only hit, nothing more. Combined with a lousy stall from my side gave the elves some shots on the ball, but I managed to pick it up, and catch a scatter. 2-1, game was over. Ulrika Eleonora Stålhammar deserves a special mentioning. Did all three cas by herself on 7 blocks(!).

Great chat and spirit from JigerJones!
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bronze Lantern final tentatively scheduled for 2200bbtime (2100GMT) on Saturday.

- C

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **
RAT DYANSTY BANNED FROM THE UI, Lantern striped

Breaking news from the UI FUMBBL fans, Rat Dynasty has been stripped of their Qualifier lantern and booted from the tournament. Some conflicting reports have stated they have been thrown in jail and some are saying that the team was killed by the city watch. But as always FUMBBL fans I have the inside scoop.

Last night in the red light district city watch surrounded the Crooked Lantern tavern, a den of vile scum and villainy. Reports of a Skaven burrow in the sewers and that the Rat Dyansty team was involved. I talked to one of the city watch and he told me that there was a secret meeting taking placing in the Crooked Lantern and that the UI was part of the investigation.

As I was milling about trying to get some more reports on the record I noticed Lord PurpleChest with a cadre of high ranking FUMBBL officials moving at a brisk pace to the Lantern. I quickly got in at the end of the line and acted all official and stuff and followed them in.

Oh, did the place stink. Rat Dynasty was laid out on the ground with their hands tied behind their backs. The musk of fear that the Skaven give off was very strong in the Lantern. City watch Captain “Dirty” Calldungy had his legendary long sword drawn, Tail Cutter, the Eldric runes of Skaven Bane where glowing red hot. Rumor has it that Calldungy can sniff out a Skaven burrow in a 50 mile radius.

15 High Elves who form the competition committee were in deep discussion when PC and his tournament staff entered.

“Lord PC this is a serious breech of conduct by these vermin. They have put a black mark on the reputation of the UI, the rules of the UI have been breeched and FUMBBL rules for code of conduct have been violated. Breeches of code of conduct as you know are deeply offensive to the people of Ulthuan.”

PC glares at the Dynasty as they lay prostrate on the ground.

“Yes my Lord I agree. These low down rats have committed a crime against the UI and the fellowship of all coaches who play Blood Bowl, regardless of race. What are the charges you are bringing on the Dynasty though? I have just heard speculation.”

“Rat Dynasty broke the code of conduct by playing the same coach in back to back matches during the prep match phase of the tournament. That coach is right over there.”

Everyone looks over as a FUMBBL coach who looks like he is about to pass out in his mug of beer sits in the corner. He sees everyone looking at him and raises his pint in a toast. “Carry on gentlemen, I have no clue what is going on.”

“Furthermore Dyansty through bribes, blackmail and
extortion contacted a FUMBBL tournament admin to give the Dynasty a letter of Marque to break FUMBBL code of conduct rules. I also believe these Skaven to be underhanded and “shady” when they offer their defense. Which is the norm for their kind. Action must be taken to restore the integrity of the UI. I say they are strung from their necks until dead and their dead bodies hung from Ulthuan stadium during the entire Main Draw as witness to what happens to those who wish to do harm to the UI and its reputation.”

PC looks at his advisors, a little shocked.
“Well I think that is a little over the top, don’t you? I understand your feelings on issues such as these. But to hang them from the stadium for the entire Main Draw? I think the punishment does not fit the crime. I would like to suggest that the Dyansty is perma banned from the UI. And then once they are released to our custody any further punishment will be dolled out by FUMBBL. Since Dynasty is a FUMBBL sanctioned team I feel it is up to us to judge and lay down punishment.”

The Ui committee huddles up and has a 5 minute confab. During that time PC goes over and talks to that drunk FUMBBL coach in the corner. He gets up and staggers out of the bar, two fisting 50 OZ mugs of beer, looking for another bar. He then proceeds to sit down next to the FUMBBL admin who was caught up in this fiasco and has a private conversation in the corner.

“Lord PC we have discussed the matter. The UI and FUMBBL have had a long tradition which each other. We do not wish to sully that relationship on the account of these Rats. So we have accepted, although grudgingly from some sectors, that the Dyansty will be given over to you for judgment and punishment. Ban from the UI seems to nice for this lot.”

“Thank you Lords for you consideration of the situation we find ourselves in. FUMMBL will handle this with care and restore the integrity of the UI. I can assure you we will handle this issue and from this point forward proceed in good faith.”

PC turns to his followers and the Rat Dyansty is marched out of the Crooked Lantern in leg chains and bound paws. Marching to the first ship headed back the Empire.

Last edited by PainState on %b %30, %2013 - %02:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
blader4411

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL!
Let the hate-mail flow!

xD
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly a bit harsh but a rookie mistake by Rat_Salat. He can only blame himself.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hang on a minute... there's more to this story than meets the eye.

For example, their 3rd prep match...

You wouldn't tell half a story, would you Milford?

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Hang on a minute... there's more to this story than meets the eye.

For example, their 3rd prep match...

You wouldn't tell half a story, would you Milford?

I thought the third prep match was after he was already booted from the finals?
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords back page editorial **

Regarding the breaking news that was just reported.

This is one of Milfords tales. It is meant to amuse and give some laughs at a serious issue for some coaches and admins.

It is obviously not how it actually "went down". There are two sides to this story and TBH I have an idea based on the rage fest in IRC last night with the coach/admins. But I have no clue what the "real" story is.

So if you are just dieing to find out what is really going on. Poke around, this has perculated in a few places on FUMBBL. Maybe you can then get an idea of what the real issues are and then fully understand the basis for Milfords tale.

Qualifier final matches are still set to be played. Be sure to check out how the main draw "fleshes out".

On a final note. One coach did comment to me that I should not make comments, even fictional ones from Milford. I disagree. It is a news story here on FUMBBL, it is related directly to the Ulthuan Invitational Major. So it is Milfords duty to report in a respectful and humorus way this news story. Not discussing it at all would break faith with Milfords fans and the Ranked Majors community of coaches.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

imo, that story was awesome, painstate, and reminds me of how good of a job you do giving added fluff to the tournament scene...yes it was a fantasy tale, that wasn't entirely accurate to what really happened, but it does add some much needed levity to a bad situation...

kudos Smile

--j

ImageImage
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I keep on loving milford
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 22:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problem with Milford and his reportage. i think it adds colour.

The team 'Rat Dynasty' has indeed been excluded from the UI finals. The beaten Qualifier finalists 'Welcome to South Park' will replace them.

It is always a shame when a team is excluded. Rat_Salat will be allowed to keep the profile award he earned, which i am sure is scant consolation. The details of the situation I consider private, but i will say one thing....

If seeking advice on FUMBBL Tournaments try asking me. i have the advantage of always being 100% RIGHT.

Failing that seek out a Tourney Monkey or admin.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2013 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz to SvenS on winning the Bronze Lantern. I choked though. Gutted. =/

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2013 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx! Smile
First time qualifying on the dark side.
Would be more proud w-o the lame OTS rat though.

SL
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 15:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Qualifiers have run their course and 16 invitations have been sent out to the following teams:

Spirit Breaker
Welcome to South Park
BAD Thracios
Empire Strikes Back Insanity
Fleetfoot's Revenge I
Flachpfeifens 4th try
Ulthuans Starforce
Popes of Mope
Du Svardenvyrd II
Crossdressers
Another Pack of Rats
Schlumpen
Touched by Chaos
Inglourious Soldiers
Cinecutre
To the topranked

Congratulations to the coaches involved, who should now either accept the invitation to the finals, or apply their team to the finals themselves.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

UI Qualifiers Final Prediction Standings:
1. Rijssiej (6 correct picks)
2. p4m (4 correct picks)
3. PainState (3 correct picks, 5 runners-up picked)
4. JigerJones (3 correct picks, 2 runners-up picked)

Rijssiej wrote:
Prediction standings:
1. PainState (1 correct pick, 5 picked teams eliminated)
2. Rijssiej / JigerJones (8 picked teams eliminated)
4. p4m (9 picked teams eliminated)
 Jump to: