49 coaches online • Server time: 14:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2013 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I pick Rotter to finish!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Final draft teams after 12 rounds

COW: Wardancer, HE Catcher, Nurgle Warrior, Flesh Golem, Pestigor, Pact Troll, Orc Troll, Slann Blitzer, Skaven Thrower, Maurader, Necro Zombie, Undead Zombie
TOK: Mummy, Ogres Ogre , Slann Kroxigor, Lizardmen Kroxigor , Slann Catcher , Skaven Blitzer, Berserker, Undead Wight, Norse Thrower, Elf Lineman, Pact Skaven Renegade, Orc Thrower
WIZ: Vampire, WE catcher, Chaos Minotaur, Human Ogre, Orc Blitzer, Dwarf Blitzer, Troll Slayer, Necro Wight, Assassin, Slann Lineman, Hu Lineman, Pogoer
BGH: Tomb Guardian, Witch Elf, HE Blitzer, Pact Ogre, Ulfwerener, WE Thrower, Goblin Troll, Blitz-ra, CD Minotaur, Orc Lineman, Human Thrower, Skaven Lineman
BRA: Gutter Runner, PE Blitzer, DE Blitzer, Amazon Blitzer, Rat Ogre, HE Thrower, Human Blitzer, Human Catcher, HE Lineman, Amazon Catcher, Amazon Lineman, UW Goblin
J29: Bull Centaur, PE Catcher, Beast of Nurgle, CD Blocker, Dwarf Blocker, UW Thrower, Pact Dark Elf, Fanatic, Looney, Beastman, Norse Lineman, Pact goblin
KAM: Fling Treeman, WE Treeman, Deathroller, Saurus, Dwarf Runner, Norse Runner, Skink, PE Thrower, Pact Minotaur, DE Lineman, UW Skaven Lineman, Orc Goblin
JIM: Werewolf, Chaos Warrior, Warpstone Troll, Snow Troll, UW Blitzer, Black Orc Blocker, DE Runner, WE Lineman, Undead Ghoul, Necro Ghoul, Amazon Thrower, Rotter

Players not drafted: Hobgoblin (Chaos dwarf), Bomber (goblin), Goblin (goblin), Halfling, Skeleton (khemri), Thro-ra, Snotling, Skeleton (undead), Thrall
Alf115

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Schoked to see no fling drafted !
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked to see no love for skeletons too

Pretty happy with my team, though I don't think it would be the strongest, it seems like a ton of fun to play. Always wanted a double Krox team Very Happy

Got 4 big guys, 4 blockers and 2 AG4 guys, not far from what I aimed initially

As rookies, Bradford (very agile allround, lots of block and dodge)'s teams seem the best to me, but Jimmy could get quite scary when developped. This team has a real potential to kill all mens Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how the players cost and draft round correlates. Seems like some expensive players were late picks which questions the pricing policy. Anyone opine on this?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really, short term only (obvious in the case of the Slann Blitzer).
Moreover team composition takes into account synergy.
Bitz Ra and thro Ra may be overpriced but Tomb guardian are dirty cheap.
Same story about Orc thrower and Orc Blitzer.
The only big fail, even considering the whole team is the Assassin.
This dude is really lame IMO.
I have never played one or against one on Fummbl.
I select him because i got the crazy idea he may be useful with the vamp.
Idea was in defense against a cage to hypno one corner and instead of going for a one dice blitz or even maybe a 2 dices to assassinate.
Like most of you have a blocker or dodger BC but AV7 (and i admit i mainly though about the blodger wardancer when i pick him hehe) he could have been useful on a lucky day.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that a minotaur to go in round 8 considering the price. 130k-140k for a guy who is a late round pick is really an issue of overpricing in my opinion.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I wonder how the players cost and draft round correlates. Seems like some expensive players were late picks which questions the pricing policy. Anyone opine on this?

Well, pricing is always relative to the specific roster, and its intended tier, the other players, etc...
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it is specific to the roster. But you cant just compare to the actual roster, since it is measured also against the all other value through inducement money. So you can agrue that one player is good value on a roster, but if you buy it, and thus give up inducement, then you will suffer anyway.

It is up for debate how well it should correlate, and what is inducement worth in skill, and player cost (probably not a 1 for 1 excchange). But does not matter the exchange rate, all players ar measured against all players at some point.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I think that a minotaur to go in round 8 considering the price. 130k-140k for a guy who is a late round pick is really an issue of overpricing in my opinion.

Some people really don't like WA, the others can only take one and already had one.
Always the same story too: at low TV if he is your only MB, moreover with frenzy and horns he is worth his TV.
Latter he isn't, especially in the Box, can still be ok in league though IMO.
In tabletop 1000-1100 TV tournament (i think it's more or less the norm) they are ok too.
Very hard to balance everything at all those TV and for the different way BB is played.
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you, but think it's a shame the consequence is we don't see minos that much anymore. Now if PO was strength related and stacked with horns... Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2013 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this concept, if the admins ever allow this for a real league I would be on it... Might try to get this going in table top
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have any idea how can we play this online?

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how we could do it. Test mode could work, but as far as I know, it's only working for local matches :/

There is certainly a way to make teams including different races (for example, Tiny Steel hammers Wink ) but I guess it requires some work from an admin, and it would be quite a lot of work to set up 8 custom teams like that. And if one of them does that, he'll get a thousand requests for other custom teams, and he might have a life or something Smile

Does anybody know the format used by FFB, and if we can arrange matches through it outside Fumbbl?

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Me not, but i would be all for it.