46 coaches online • Server time: 19:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

A dead agi 4 player with MA 7+. Cflings lack scoring ability something fierce.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, something like that +MA, Strong Arm Treeman would open up a one-turn TTM option. Even one of the Greater Horrors would.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, one turning is a desperation ploy that the minotaurs can already do (albeit terribly). A solid scoring player would be far more valuable.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Corvidius wrote:
I got awesomely lucky in this game, a crucial Regen after an Apo failed to keep Mango Chutney on played a huge part in my victory.

Anyone got any advice on which player to choose?

As much as I don't want another Mecha running around, I think Kekrox or Willy Windup would be my choices. Kekrox is better now, but if Mechas lose some AG he might not be so good. Either way, they are both solid additions to the team. A third Mino would be funny as hell and tie up a lot of the other team.Max Taurus looks tempting, I don't like the Build on Dogbert II. If you want an interesting ball carrier you can go with Marks and Sparks or The Great One. Both Squig Hoppers so you have to worry about them failing Blood Lust with nothing to eat.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think losing Always Hungry and WA while gaining SA makes enough difference, but then I like to use TTM a lot. To be fair, it's probably not the option I'd take either, more of a fun choice. The +AG Mecha seems a strong contender.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking as his previous owner, Kekrox isn't as good as he looks. You could use him as a primary carrier? I always needed the muscle elsewhere, but I suspect he would make a great ball carrier. As a blitzer, he was rubbish.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a skink with +AG & Block, 2 SPPs away from another skill, for a ball carrier Tiny Steel Hammers style.

I have to say I'd be tempted by a 3rd saw too. I mean, who doesn't love playing with chainsaws?

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I've currently got these two +Ag players http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8920237

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=8966079

Before the final folks were talking about my lack of Tackle so that might be something to shore up.

WhatBall, I was actually tempted to take one of those just because they died against me:)
Motskari

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take one of two beast of nurgles with block.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
I would take one of two beast of nurgles with block.

Actually, that is a great idea. Both are very close to a skill (I think the one with just Block is better) and with DP they can be bomb deterrents.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2012 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Corvidius for winning the Nightmare!

Also, congrats to all 4 finalists, and thanks to everyone for playing in this year's tournament!

--j

ImageImage
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a fine line between getting a useful player and never getting a game again. Smile The beasts are an interesting idea, Tentacles, Block, Mighty Blow, Foul Appearance, Disturbing Presence is a pretty sweet combo.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
There is a skink with +AG & Block, 2 SPPs away from another skill, for a ball carrier Tiny Steel Hammers style.

I have to say I'd be tempted by a 3rd saw too. I mean, who doesn't love playing with chainsaws?

The skink is a pretty good idea.
Chainsaw if sun, but will only be around for about 4 games. I'd go with an AV8+ player, simply because you'd like him to stay on the team for awhile.
(in fact, I'd go with a mecha Very Happy)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for resurrecting the Stunty tournaments Shadow. This was a blast to play so many games and a HUGE success.

Well done sir.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2012 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

That block +ag skink (Tiger Snake) was one of the more notable Venemous Viperz that have died on the pitch. He had insane mobility and ball handling in his too short career.