34 coaches online • Server time: 14:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi isn't far wrong.

I'm not trolling - to be frank, it's as easy to throw out terms like 'troll' that don't really mean much as it is ‘balance’ or ‘overpowered’ where they don’t hold any weight in terms of the subject at hand either. It’s a pretty lazy broad brush stroke. As I said earlier, I’m not going to get drawn on specifics, since I’ll never need to use these rules. You can house rule however you like; but if you’re going to post in a public forum, don’t expect all reaction to be good.

If you want a forum where you are going to be welcomed with open arms when you suggest things as wacky and as unhinged as Amazons getting a Kroxigor (for starters, there‘s stuff in there not that far away from that level of madness), and mods are going to clamp down on any criticism however warranted that criticism may be, then that forum is TFF. That place is a sea of crackpots, loons and newcomers that will be right behind Amazons getting a free Morg because they’re girls and need the help, or whatever this turns into. I'd rather think the Krox idea is a windup than a serious suggestion because I'd rather think well of people!

When GW decide new rules should be made, it’s not difficult to see what needs a tweak. Whomever they ask to do it, with luck, should be able to do things with a minimum of fuss, and we all pray, without the internet forum as a primary source. Rules by democracy is just horrible. Until then, hurrah for finality, however final it may be.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Pgoo,
I think trolling is a pretty accurate of someone who has the stated mission of not contributing anything concrete, yet happily use words like ropey, insane, orchestrated wind-up, wacky, unhinged, madnesscrackpots and loons.

I don't say you have to like it. I think it was pretty clear that I was brainstorming. I think it was also pretty clear that it was not a krox for amazons, but a krox for nerfed amazons.
I reasonable reply might have been: Dude, I really don't like that because something something.
I care a lot more for arguments than gut reactions.

Now, I disagree with Hitonagashis analysis, but it was an interesting read, and I'll happily reply to it. But I'll keep that in another post.

Cheers
Martin
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a thought really, if the rumour mill is indeed true and GW are going to release BB for it's 25th anniversary, would it likley be using the newest ruleset?

Personally I would love it if they re-released it.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Plasmoid, I know Amazons are your focus for changes, but what about changing the roster to
0-16 Lineswomen
0-4 Catchers
0-2 Throwers
0-2 Blitzers
0-1 Kroxigor,
So you trading in 2 Blitzers for a Krox and 2 catchers?
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nerf zons you say?

Dodge removed from linos.

Oh I feel better now.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, when elf linesmen start out with 3 agility, I think that is a great idea.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

what's this thread about again?

BEEDOGS!

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What about changing Dodge with Fend on all the Linogirls?

<turboraton> arghhh
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering why Americans pay a lot less than Canadians for figures made in the UK....

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Because of you Macavity. No other reason.
Fend on linesmen sounds interesting.
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2011 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate zons, they're unplayable unless you have a lot of tackle or get lucky with pow rolls.

They definately need a big hitting with the nerf hammer.

Giving them a Krox to keep mobile tackle players away from them (and it will, when used well) is bordering on making them even more unplayable, regardless of which version of the roster you are using, be it blodge blitzers or wrodge.

The least that i'd do to the roster is remove dodge from the blitzers and replace it with fend. Or remove S access from the blitzers. No player should have dodge and S access, imho.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2011 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I will dart in here real quick and jump back out...

I agree with Chewie 100%...No player should have access to ST and AG skills...those are the ying and yang of the skills. You cant be both...plus Zons are the only ones to have a postional like that.

Edit: Vamps also have ST and AG access...but those are vamps and not zons. So we are ok with it because they are vamps. Although I still say no one should be allowed both. Make a new Vamp roster that has 2 vamp postionals, one with AG access and the other ST access plus the thralls.

Last edited by PainState on %b %30, %2011 - %01:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2011 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I'm wondering why Americans pay a lot less than Canadians for figures made in the UK....

Walking a fine line here sir...this comment could get this whole thread locked and sent to off topic.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2011 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Macavity wrote:

Walking a fine line here sir...this comment could get this whole thread locked and sent to off topic.

Not true... no admin has the power to lock a thread in response to a macavity post. Its just not possible. Their own PC would melt if they attempted it.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2011 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

How about removing G acces on the linewomen?
I strongly do feel no roster should have all players with the same stats all around though! So boring it hurts!

SL
 Jump to: