17 coaches online • Server time: 06:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

/poppycorn

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dode, please god stop harrasing me, you follow me around like a bad smell. It is really boring.

There is no internal inconsistency here. I am just quoting from the rules. This is exactly what the rules say, it may not be what the BBRC inteded and if they want PB to be allowed to be used i guess it should be just because that was their intention, but it is not what the rules say.

You simply cannot argue that the rules dont say what I am saying because they just do.

I have provided the 3 important quotes in this thread and because the sequence is broken at the point where no measurement is taken (measurement ie range is disregarded/ignored) and because of this you cannot move your player that has declared Pass Block. The rules say this is specifically when you move them, but you cant since it doesnt happen.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to disregard dode74. Does this mean I have to measure him?

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly jimmy. well put.
Erod

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are so stuck on measuring the range, look at it this way. The range and modifiers are said in the skill description itself. Because it overrides the default measurement steps. So, in short, yet again, PB works with HMP.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

No erod. You cannot just make words up that aren't in the skill description. The whole point of this is decoding what the exact wording means.

The text says exactly what jimmy, I, and others have quoted many times now. - the movement takes place after measurement since this doesnt happen you cannot move. It is that simple.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaps, calm down. This is not a strong look you have going here!

I've been in contact via e-mail with an ex-BBRC member on this subject. You'll forgive me for being a bit detached, but he isn't one of the ex-members that gets involved in internet threads such as this (and why would you, the way they turn out?!), so I don't want to name names or do copy / paste jobs in an open forum for people to argue over if he's a n00b or not for being kind enough to answer.

Suffice as to say, there was no conversation on this point, and the answer is not a clear cut, gospel one. I've copied his thoughts to Kalimar, so no doubt they will help him come to a decision. But whatever he does decide; not even an ex-member of the rules committee thinks it's a gimmie of an answer, so stop tearing strips off of each other. M'kay?
Erod

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

*sigh*

I did not. But I am done arguing. Hopefully someone from BBRC will comment on this, if that would have a bit more weight.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I am going to disregard dode74. Does this mean I have to measure him?

measure him for a suit? or for a coffin? curious minds wish to know.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Erod wrote:
*sigh*

I did not. But I am done arguing. Hopefully someone from BBRC will comment on this, if that would have a bit more weight.

you mean like the post from Goo, just above yours?...

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Dode, please god stop harrasing me, you follow me around like a bad smell. It is really boring.
You dream of having a stalker like me! I only answer you because you're the only idiot who keeps shouting "I'm right, close the thread!" when just about everyone else is happy to wait for the BBRC to answer this one. Put your ego away.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
But whatever he does decide; not even an ex-member of the rules committee thinks it's a gimmie of an answer, so stop tearing strips off of each other. M'kay?

So that's the reason why we never got the feedback from that post. You denied it to us.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well he is right, RAW.
If the BBRC decide they intended something else and Kalimar wants to follow their intent then fair enough.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes lol

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Well he is right, RAW.
If the BBRC decide they intended something else and Kalimar wants to follow their intent then fair enough.

Yup, that is what i have always said, if their intention was something else then fine, but that is not what it says.

Last edited by Garion on %b %24, %2012 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
dode74

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The text says exactly what jimmy, I, and others have quoted many times now. - the movement takes place after measurement since this doesnt happen you cannot move. It is that simple.
It also takes place before interceptions, so if there are no interceptions then you cannot move.
Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: