16 coaches online • Server time: 06:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Beta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think that timeout:
Should be always called without any warning
13%
 13%  [ 24 ]
Should be always called but never the first time (1 warning max)
17%
 17%  [ 31 ]
Should be called only if happen too often in a game
40%
 40%  [ 72 ]
Should be never called
11%
 11%  [ 20 ]
Each coach should agree before the match how to manage the timeout csll
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Pie!!!!
10%
 10%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 180

pythrr

Post   Posted: May 16, 2023 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
Certainly it is legitimate

End of discussion, no?

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

So I can't even pee during YOUR turns now? If your time is that valuable, you really should be working for the benefit of the human race instead of playing bb. Go cure cancer or something.

You said that you play 2 League games per week.
I don't play in League division, so, we will never play a game and you will be able to do whatever you want during the turns of your League games.
The 10s timer to choose whether using a skill should be for Competitive division, not for League division. League division could enable/disable it optionally.
Also, there is no logical connection between me considering my time valuable and me being able (or willing) to work for the benefit of the human race.
I'm not a scientist nor a medic, just a BB coach.
moph

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Zlefin wrote:

It might be possible to make an AI for fumbbl;

There is an annual competition for bloodbowl AI. You can fin more about it here:
https://njustesen.github.io/botbowl/

I think it uses a client similiar to fumbbl.
There is also a video on Andy Davos Youtube where he is playing against the winning AI of 2021 and talking to the programmers.
https://youtu.be/uJ9txQwY4qA
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

In theory, 2 AIs could play lots of game vs each other in a short time, that's how machine learning works, as far as I know, but I'm not an expert.
I watched on TV a documentary which explained that.
Forgive me if I said something inaccurate.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
JanMattys wrote:

So I can't even pee during YOUR turns now? If your time is that valuable, you really should be working for the benefit of the human race instead of playing bb. Go cure cancer or something.

You said that you play 2 League games per week.
I don't play in League division, so, we will never play a game and you will be able to do whatever you want during the turns of your League games.
The 10s timer to choose whether using a skill should be for Competitive division, not for League division. League division could enable/disable it optionally.

You can't be THIS dense, so you're obviously trolling.
This isn't about me. It's about the idiocy of putting automated timeouts everywhere so that people can't even do basic home stuff during their turn just because you can't be bothered to wait a few SECONDS. Ffs.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I can't be bothered to wait for a few seconds, because the few seconds can become lots of seconds and minutes if the opponent takes ages to decide whether using Side Step in case it's spammed on many players, not just a single Side Stepper. For example, I played games vs Snotlings, Ogres and UW which were slowed down a lot by Side Step's choices. Some guys do something else in the opponent's turn and don't bother to check if they have to confirm some dialogue pop-up window.
When you are playing a game, you are supposed to play the game, not doing home stuff. It's a matter of respect. Wasting time is disrespectful towards your opponent, unless he agrees to wait for you, but he should not be forced to wait for you just because you are unable to manage your time. You are free to do your home stuff and be timed out. If you think that the home stuff is more important than playing the game it should not be a problem for you.
The idea of time outs everywhere has a logical reason behind: making impossible to keep the game stuck by refusing to confim a dialogue pop-up window.
I have to do some stuff too so I don't want to be stuck into a game more than the time I planned to play it.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %17, %2023 - %11:%May; edited 2 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

When you are playing a game, you are supposed to play the game, not doing home stuff. It's a matter of respect. Wasting time is disrespectful towards your opponent, unless he agrees to wait for you, but he should not be forced to wait for you just because you are unable to manage your time.

If you have to wait for perfect conditions, some people would never play any games.

But as I said. I won't be playing Competitive.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2023 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be happy to have a Box filter to be paired only with people wanting to play with automatic time out.
That could be a solution.
It's better to pair like-minded coaches.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 23, 2023 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally find those coaches who go over 4 minutes without at least giving their opponents one advance notice insolent.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2023 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Last game on Fumbbl 2017-10-25.

Whadaya mean we didn't change the locks? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 23, 2023 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I might play again with resizeable client!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 23, 2023 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeaaaaaaah! \o/
koadah

Post   Posted: May 23, 2023 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
koadah wrote:

I might play again with resizeable client!

What with streaming and everything? Shocked

Post   Posted: May 23, 2023 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What would be really handy is if say a 30 second warning went off before the Timeout button became live. That gives a coach the chance to hurry up and would result in less grief for the opposing coach who hits Timeout, as at least you can see it coming.

I've had the occaisional turn where I've just not realised quite how much time I'm taking and the timeout 'ding' has genuinely been a surprise.

The only time I've felt a bit aggrieved was in a game where I could've timed out the opponent multiple times but didn't, only to be timed out myself on the first infringement at a critical point in the match!!
koadah

Post   Posted: May 23, 2023 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. Audible and visual.

Jump to: