56 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
KPL
Oh, yeah, Iam in.
46%
 46%  [ 70 ]
Iam outta here
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
PIE: is this a pointless poll or what?
36%
 36%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 150

PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2014 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The double door to the Throne room opens up with a crash. Coach Cavetroll is brought before Tomb King Settra in chains. 4 Tomb Guardians flank him. They bring him before Settra and one of the Guardians kicks Cavetroll on the back of the knee and Cavetroll collaspeses on the floor.

"Cavetroll, I have heard a nasty rumor. It seems that in a drunken rage in a brothel you uttered words that some would say would offend me. Do you have the courage to tell me to my face or must I listen to the rumor mongers?"

Cavetroll stands up and shrugs off the Guardians who are holding him. He takes in a deep breath and looks Settra right in the eyes.

"My King I got a mouth full to say to you. Rah-Ma is a ^%%$$#@ &^#@%@$%@$ *&^@%@!$!$! and he can stuff all that were the sun dont shine."

Settra sits back in his throne, gives Rah-Ma a penetrating gaze. Rah-Ma shuffles in his vestiments, giving the "look" at coach Cavetroll.

"Unshackel Cavetroll. Iam impressed coach, that was a rant worthy of any common sailor. I have not heard such noble words spoken in this throne room in ages. You speak the truth and I will have words with Rah-Ma myself on the wrong that was commited.

Now I can not do anything about it, sad to say, but because of your courage to stand up I give you this."

Settra opens up a small chest and pulls out a necklace

"I award you a Brownie Point, wear it proud coach Cavetroll."

Cavetroll approaches Settra and grabs the Brownie point and gives a nod of his head. As Cavetroll leaves the throne room he is kicking the dirt and still cursing under his breath. As the double doors close Settra sees Cavetroll throw the Brownie point into the nearest garbage can.

"I like that Coach Rah-Ma. We need more coaches like him in the KPL. The passion and the fire in the belly, always striving for VICTORY."

"My King this situation would of never happened if you had not blown your stack and gone into a tyranical rage the last week of the season."

"I know Rah-Ma. I do not dodge the ramifications of my own actions. But it is you sir who takes the brunt of them."

Settra leaves the throne room content and happy. He stops at the waste basket and takes the Brownie point out and stuffs it into his front pocket.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2014 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

IT HAS BEGUN!

KPL playoffs have kicked off. KFC playoff bracket is set.

NFC playoffs will begin after the OT match is settled later on today.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2014 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Souls win the OT and fall into 6th place with 10 points and -3.5 Tie Breaker Points

Khremators hold onto to the 5th spot with 10 points and -3 Tie Breaker Points.

NFC Playoffs are off and running.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a rule change for the suggestion box:

Number of non-Khemri teams allowed in the Khemri league = 0
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2014 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Honkie wrote:
I have a rule change for the suggestion box:

Number of non-Khemri teams allowed in the Khemri league = 0

My first thought was +1

...but ghouls and puppies are fun to squish!!

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The throne room of Tomb King Settra is packed. All the advisors, head coaches, hanger oners and owners of the KPL are present. The final unveiling of the season #2 KPL rules is on hand.

Settra takes his seat and scans the crowd. Rah-Ma stands on his side with the Tome of NUFFLE dangling from his waist. Settra scans the crowd and they all become silent.

"KPL members, welcome, season #2 is around the corner. Rah-Ma and myself have scanned the Tome of NUFFLE and have found "holes" in our league set up. I have decided on these revisions to the KPL for the upcoming season to make the KPL more compliant with the Tome of NUFFLE and its edicts."

1: There will be a North American and Europe Conference. Inside each conference we will move to a division system. There will be 4 divisons of equal number of teams. They will be called the north, south, east and west. In season #2 the North will play the South Div. the East will play the West Div. That will give us a 7 or 9 game regular season. We will use a scheduled round robin format for the regular season. Scoring will use the swiss point system.

2: In each conference there will be a racial limit on types of teams.

Necro, undead and vamp will have a max of 4 of those teams in each conference. Khemri is unlimited on # of teams in the KPL. IF returning teams from season #1 take a conference over that limit they will be grandfathered in.

Necro, Undead and Vamp will be equally placed in all 4 divisons in each conference. Khemri will fill up all the remaing slots available.

3: All the special rules that were used in Season #1 will be used in Season #2. The global event will be replaced with a new one for Season #2. Thus the 50K for buying inducements will go away and be replaced with some other event.

4: There was much controversy about imposing some type of TV cap and so forth on the KPL. But upon further review of the Tome of NUFFLE it speaks of a salary cap. But written in the margins a graffeti artist wrote this. "Salary caps are only for lovers of parity and some blind hope that a bad team can become good if the great teams are gimped." Another graffeti artist wrote this in the margin. "If you like parity you are a putz."

"I have to say I once again agree with these graffeti artists. THERE WILL BE NO TV CAP OF ANY SORT IN THE KPL.

5: KPL draft of new players. For season #2 this is how the draft will work.

1:The order of the draft is determined by your final standing in the regular season. The order is worst to first. New teams are slotted before returning teams in the order.

2:Each team will pick one player from their list (Necro, Vamp, Undead and Khemri)

3:You only get one pick. It will not be a live draft. You will slot the players on your list from 1-?. #1 being your first pick and so forth down the list.

4: This player that you drafted will be added to your team roster by Rah-Ma. Now this is how this will work exactly. You draft a player with X skills on him. Rah-Ma will then add those skills to the player type you have drafted. That player must allready be on your team and 5 OR LESS SPP.

The skills that are added will increase you TV. Also that player since the skills that were added are counted towards skill slots will not be able to SKILL UP again until he has enough SPP to get his next skill.

Example: Zombie who gets block added to him. He is at 0 SPP. When block is added that is counted as his 6SPP skill. He will not be able to get his second skill until he reaches 16SPP. If you draft a player with 2 skills...next skill at 31SPP. IF You draft a player with 3 skills...next skill at 51 SPP. Regardless of type of player drafted he will only have 0-5 SPP. So it might take a long time for that player to get another skill up roll.

You can only draft a player onto your team IF you have a slot open, the players position has a player at 5SPP or under.

Example: You want to draft a new blitz-ra but you already have 2 of them and they are both 6+SPP you would not have a spot available inless you fired one.

5: Pre Season

I will inform all coaches when the pre season starts up. The preseason is a one game click through match. It is a match to get all your MNG players back on the roster for the kick off of the new season, get some extra cash and maybe some FF.

The match is a click through match. Both teams line up, everybody clicks out, no moving of players or anything. There is a slight chance some fans might show up with rocks and start throwing them once it dawns on them what is going on. That is the chance you take for playing a preseason match.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY THE PRESEASON MATCH IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO.

Ideally it would be against a KPL team but you can arrange the click through against any L team. IF for any reason you cannot find an opponeet for the preseason match just contact PainState and he will make it happen.

These are all of the changes to season #2. There will be no more discussions of adding more at the last minute and so forth. This is how we are going to roll into season #2.

The standard are you back or out PM is being sent. Coaches need to respond yes or no. The season #2 recrutiment thread is coming out.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you King Settra for your wisdom and providing us with guidance on the second season.

If I may so humbly point out, that for the purpose of the draft, teams must leave themselves pending in anticipation of their new recruit. If they have readied themselves for the season then none, possibly not even Nuffle, may give them the skills they have been bestowed with.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

'tune up' game allowed to get us to Pending?

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
'tune up' game allowed to get us to Pending?

Correct. All KPL teams get a Preseason match. After that match. LEAVE YOUR TEAM IN PENDING MODE SO WE CAN ADD THE DRAFTED PLAYERS SKILLS

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the list we are drafting from?
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
What is the list we are drafting from?

Iam making all 4 of the Draft lists right now.

They will be posted in a few days from now.

I will give further instruction at that point on how to proceed.

It is basically going to be a list of around 25 players +/- a few that you can draft onto your team.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Final Stat leader boards for the regular season are posted.

Rah-Ma is now hard at working re working the KPL main page to reflect the season #2 changes.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
sounds good Painstate, I am gonna persevere with my team despite regretting not choosing necros Smile

Wolves are for power-gamers who question their own manhood. I wanted to play khemri but already had a League khemri team.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

In about 15 minutes the best of the NFC..the Khremators and Dune Raiders will take the field in the playoffs against the Necro Scumm of the NFC.

After the slaughter is over Necro will be out of the Playoffs in the NFC conference.

Proving that the necro scumm are soft.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't be too certain of that. Them Nobnibblers provided my Khemlings a good old school ass whooping before... Mr. Green

Edit:
It happened. Horrible game play of mine combined with a riot and a 4-0 Sweltering Heat against me in the second drive of half 1 (which was supposed to last 1 turn) allowed the Nobnibblers to equalise, while a 4-2 heat second half gave them a massive advantage of 4 players iirc which combined with pythrr's superior coaching skill I was completely unable to cope with. Well played, GL in the finals, pythrr! Cool
 Jump to: