52 coaches online • Server time: 19:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Delaying TDs, good strategy or cheesy exploit?
good strategy
73%
 73%  [ 648 ]
cheesy exploit
26%
 26%  [ 238 ]
Total Votes : 886

bxnyc

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

its in the rules, and in the revised rules, so its moot.

someone come and zombieheadshot this thread.
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Good coaches win with whatever tactics it takes to win period. I myself have been merciful on several occasions and had that mercy rear it's ugly head and me lose the game because of it. So as was told by a coach who did this to me: "This is blood bowl...this is not a game of mercy. Mercy will cause you to lose."
Rooke

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally will try to delay a turn or two sometimes... But unless you're dreading getting crushed on a kick-off, there's not a lot of point to stalling (unless you're in league). In one off matches, ultimately, your team will build a lot more if you lose 4-3, as opposed to a 1-0 victory where no SPP was gained. Far more often than stalling, I take the chance for an early TD as the chance to get the ball loose and score again (and again, and again if you keep making mistakes).
TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling is fun. Winning is fun. Listening to my opponent QQ is fun.

Thread over.

~Robert Wilensky

http://thespoonybard.mybrute.com/
ColonelSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I always score soon as i can so the other coach gets a chance, Its part of the fun in trying to score and then defend it.

Also in all the years playing TT i never seen any one stall, now i see it all the time on here, Maybe they know its cheap and nothing can happen to them on the inter net but if they did it on TT they will have to get the model removed from there behind from the other coach lol.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ZyklonB wrote:

Also in all the years playing TT i never seen any one stall, now i see it all the time on here, Maybe they know its cheap and nothing can happen to them on the inter net but if they did it on TT they will have to get the model removed from there behind from the other coach lol.

Or maybe coaches on the Internet have been exposed to more tactics and know how to use them more effectively.
Rooke

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, pretty sure the internet gives people a lot of artificial bravery. *smirk*
TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

When I play TT, I see stalling all the time. Then again, I play TT against, you know, good players.

~Robert Wilensky

http://thespoonybard.mybrute.com/
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the day when I first played TT our small group used to stall. We also used to cage the Minotaur with a pile of players to make the opponent lose their turn with the old WA rules too! Twisted Evil

I do hate excessive stalling from Orcs and Dorfs as it drives me nuts, but is part of the game.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling equals your fault. If your crappy defense has let them move into a stallable position then they can do whatever they want. There could even be a thread about saying as much. Smile

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I stall for 6 turns in second half just to ensure a tie if I feel moving too much will lose the game.
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not that stalling isn't a good or valid tactic, but I see a lot of players who are so afraid of defending that they would rather stall and play for a draw, then score early in the second half and go for the win. When they do it and they have a clear numbers advantage it really makes me sad...

Oscar Wilde
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah well stalling for the draw is a different matter entirely, unless in league or thinking I would have ot advantage I will always go for the win.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2010 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i hate thread necromancy Evil or Very Mad

--j

ImageImage
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2010 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If stalling leads to win, it's totally valid. But seems like too many use it to secure a draw. A draw is like dating your own sister ;P Not a total loss, but far from winning.