52 coaches online • Server time: 21:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mekutata

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i thought th shadowrun returns games y were disappointing. but i was also expecting better results from the user generated content and more xcom like fighting.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll wait for $2

Go the Count!
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The complete patch notes for Patch 1.8.07 are up

There will be a Reddit AMA, hosted on reddit.com/r/IAmA with the Cyanide development team and Focus Home Interactive. The AMA will be held Wednesday, October 7th from 4 pm to 6 pm CEST (Stockholm).

mister__joshua wrote:
The default campaign (dead man's switch) is good, but has some issues. The dragonfall DLC is awesome though and a lot more refined in story and concept. Just trying to find my GOG key for Hong Kong now as I didn't realise it had been released already!

Dragonfall is probably the best of the 3. Hong Kong is good, but feels a tad bloated IMO. I need to complete my second playthrough as an elf face still. You'll either love or hate the new Matrix.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully they will be able to say wehther they intend the bank rule to work as it does. I really hope it won't be second team to finalize gets a free wizard forever.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess their AMA will end not much better than the one Frank Miller did once...

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

SquirrelDude wrote:
The complete patch notes for Patch 1.8.07 are up

There will be a Reddit AMA, hosted on reddit.com/r/IAmA with the Cyanide development team and Focus Home Interactive. The AMA will be held Wednesday, October 7th from 4 pm to 6 pm CEST (Stockholm).

mister__joshua wrote:
The default campaign (dead man's switch) is good, but has some issues. The dragonfall DLC is awesome though and a lot more refined in story and concept. Just trying to find my GOG key for Hong Kong now as I didn't realise it had been released already!

Dragonfall is probably the best of the 3. Hong Kong is good, but feels a tad bloated IMO. I need to complete my second playthrough as an elf face still. You'll either love or hate the new Matrix.

are they as good as the snes version?
mekutata

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

there exists actually a fan conversion of the snes version for shadowrun returns

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Known issues:
- Goal posts aren't displayed during penalty shoot-out.

What the?! Confused

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Quote:
Known issues:

What the?! Confused

didnt know they included the penalty shoot out rule thats an old one. bascially you select your players order to take penalties, iirc you roll a dice and add St and Ag to the score to determine if it goes through the posts.

Basically it helps bash and elves, and screws stunty teams loads and the ag3 st3 ones a bit.

Its instead of the roll off after extra time.

Assuming their implementation is the same as the old rule from fanatic magzine I think it was? might be wrong there though.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Woodstock wrote:
Wuhan wrote:
Shadowrun Hongkong

You hero!

awesome!!!!

I loved shadowrun, somehow this slipped by me. :S

I still play the SNES shadowrun to this day!

edit - Me Feels the need to make a Shadowrun themed team Very Happy

I paid a lot of money to do this, but got bored with a ferry crossing mission.

There's a big difference between british and american gaming philosophy.

There's a lot of pressure on American game companies to keep moving things along. However this has back fired with SR where that 90s cyberbuzz fluff look would be so cool now, alas they tried to move it along and bodged it.

That game defo sounds cool. Shame though that some coaches are willing to splash out on this and that game, but have never donated a penny or an ounce of time to this site though.

Some just don't get it and leach....cest la vie, maybe the're realise one day.
SquirrelDude

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Quote:
Known issues:

What the?! Confused

didnt know they included the penalty shoot out rule thats an old one. bascially you select your players order to take penalties, iirc you roll a dice and add St and Ag to the score to determine if it goes through the posts.

Basically it helps bash and elves, and screws stunty teams loads and the ag3 st3 ones a bit.

Its instead of the roll off after extra time.

Assuming their implementation is the same as the old rule from fanatic magzine I think it was? might be wrong there though.
Definitely one of those times where having a proper pdf of LRB Cyanide edition would be handy. That way we could know what rules are intended and which ones are glitches.

As for SR Hong Kong vs the SNES game. I never played the SNES game. Here is the trailer for Shadowrun Hong Kong.

The three games (so far): You play three different protagonists (of your own creation).
- Shadowrun Returns: Seattle. Investigation of your friend's murder becomes complicated. Cosmically complicated.
- Shadowrun Dragonfall: Berlin. You fall into a conspiracy in the F-state and have to defeat it before it gets to you. Never make a deal with a Dragon.
- Shadowrun Hong Kong. It is in Hong Kong. You have been called by your foster father, after years without contact, to help him. When you arrive he has been murdered, and you and your foster brother have been labelled the terrorists who killed him.

Last edited by SquirrelDude on %b %02, %2015 - %17:%Oct; edited 4 times in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

CRP it's called a penalty shoot out though. I can't see them having anyhting fancier than a roll off, maybe just show whoever wins the rpll off scoring a kick.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 17:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I paid a lot of money to do this, but got bored with a ferry crossing mission.

There's a big difference between british and american gaming philosophy.

There's a lot of pressure on American game companies to keep moving things along. However this has back fired with SR where that 90s cyberbuzz fluff look would be so cool now, alas they tried to move it along and bodged it.

That game defo sounds cool. Shame though that some coaches are willing to splash out on this and that game, but have never donated a penny or an ounce of time to this site though.

Some just don't get it and leach....cest la vie, maybe the're realise one day.

It's an interesting discussion (though probably not one for this thread. Maybe the Off Topic board?) but cyberpunk is still a cool theme, though hard to execute due to where technology is now. The original cyberpunk stuff was a 80's vision of the 2020s. Now we're nearly there it doesn't fly the same, so I think they had to move it on. I like the transhumanism stuff too that it generally moves into. I'm reading Eclipse Phase (game) at the moment. And Neuromancer.

We still go back and play cyberpunk, but it's hard not to transpose real life tech into the world when your 2020's 'micro' computer is the size of a telephone book and miles less functional than a smartphone.

Also, I love people donating as much as the next man, but you can't really dig at people for paying for other games can you?
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished watching a few BB2 games on twitch. It looks fairly decent. And I haven't seen it hang or fail which is what I expected.

It's mostly newbs' try to make tactical decisions in 2 minutes.

It fails mostly for not having Goblin/Halfling teams.
Yet I hope it takes off, and brings in more gamers, as we who were nostalgic about 2nd edition start to decline.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

I'd add +1 if the kicking player has Kick.
 Jump to: