26 coaches online • Server time: 10:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok quick question, was the problem where old style teams can't be in new style rulesets ever fixed? Because with the new roster function, I very much want to do it because I have a few players who want to use the Brettonian team, but if that means all my older players have to trash their teams, it's not something that's worth mucking with yet.

Edit: While messing with the roster maker, I noticed Mutations can only be set to Normal or Double. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable mutation access.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 18:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.. Mutations are dealt with in a somewhat magic fashion.. I'll have to rethink things a bit to fix that particular problem. Stay tuned.

Edit: Ok, there's now a "None" option for mutations (selected by default). For already existing positions you've made, you'll need to go back and change the mutation category.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

And the first question?

Actually if the ruleset is the same as base lrb6 except for adding custom rosters, is it a moot point anyway?

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an easy way to add all the rosters from a ruleset to a new ruleset?

I don't seem to be able to convert a meta-group to a league. Id 7554.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we add rosters to existing leagues? Can we modify the default rosters in leagues? I really hope so.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:10
FUMBBL Staff

Silent_Hastati wrote:
And the first question?

Actually if the ruleset is the same as base lrb6 except for adding custom rosters, is it a moot point anyway?

It won't work as it is now. A lot of it is a problem with how a system like that would work, and building a suitable user interface for it.

From a league perspective, it wouldn't be great if an individual coach could simply force itself into the league by marking their own team as part of it. At the same time, it's not great to have a league able to hijack a team into its own ruleset without any feedback from the coach.

Also, a team can be part of multiple leagues, which makes it all more complicated.

Obviously, it's something I want to fix at some point, but I need to come up with a system that's universal and works well.

koadah wrote:

Not at this time. You need to individually add them. For the record, the LRB6 and Stunty teams can be isolated by prepending my name and a slash to the search (for example christer/gob). Not ideal, but it's what's there now.

koadah wrote:

I need more information than "not able to". What are you doing, and what's happening when you try?
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:23
FUMBBL Staff

WhatBall wrote:
Can we add rosters to existing leagues? Can we modify the default rosters in leagues? I really hope so.

Sort of, but you won't really like the constraints.

You can't modify the default rosters directly (that would change all teams on the site, which wouldn't be ideal to say the least). Instead, you'd need to make a new ruleset that has completely custom rosters (you could technically use the default ones for rosters you're sure wouldn't need any changes from default). These custom rosters could be named the same things as the default ones, but with your modifications to them.

Now, I'm sure that's all pretty expected. The problem, however, is how to deal with your existing teams. When FUMBBL migrated to LRB6, I wrote custom code to convert from the old versions of each roster to the LRB5 equivalents. Because of the highly custom nature of this, it's not directly applicable to your use case.

So for the moment, you can not convert a team from one roster to another (which is what you're looking at doing).

So, if you went ahead and changed your league from LRB6 races to a completely custom set, you'd effectively grandfather the existing teams and have to deal with a mixed environment of default and custom teams. New teams would be your own custom ones, and the previously existing teams would be default rosters.

It's obviously theoretically possible to extend the code I did for the LRB5 migration and make it available to league managers, allowing you to migrate an arbitrary roster into one of your custom versions and at the same time convert all positionals from the old ones to your new equivalents.

This particular code isn't necessarily super hard to write, and I might just end up implementing it at some point soon (no promises though).

Again, though, I need to come up with a plan for how to deal with "importing" an existing team into a league. Technically trivial, but from an interface perspective a bit trickier.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:

koadah wrote:

Not at this time. You need to individually add them. For the record, the LRB6 and Stunty teams can be isolated by prepending my name and a slash to the search (for example christer/gob). Not ideal, but it's what's there now.

Cool

Christer wrote:

koadah wrote:

I need more information than "not able to". What are you doing, and what's happening when you try?

I select group type league and save. When I go back in it is still a meta-group.
Ruleset is the default 0.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:33
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
I select group type league and save. When I go back in it is still a meta-group.

You need to set a ruleset to make it a league. So what you want to do is:

1. Create a ruleset
2. Make a note of the ruleset id (from the URL. E.g. https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=1 <-- The 1 there is the ruleset id)
3. Go to your group, and edit settings
4. Switch to a league, and enter the ruleset id into the box. If you enter 0 or 6 (the ruleset id for the league division), it will revert back to a meta group.

Last edited by Christer on %b %21, %2016 - %00:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:39
FUMBBL Staff

Christer wrote:
Hmm.. Mutations are dealt with in a somewhat magic fashion.. I'll have to rethink things a bit to fix that particular problem. Stay tuned.

Edit: Ok, there's now a "None" option for mutations (selected by default). For already existing positions you've made, you'll need to go back and change the mutation category.

That's cool. If it wasn't hard to do, could you add the None category for the other options? Might be useful for custom league ideas.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

any chance Halfling Chef can be added to the team creation page like Necro and Apo ?

Great job Christer you're a Legend!

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
koadah wrote:

You need to set a ruleset to make it a league. So what you want to do is:

1. [url=/p/ruleset]Create a ruleset[/url]
2. Make a note of the ruleset id (from the URL. E.g. https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=1 <-- The 1 there is the ruleset id)
3. Go to your group, and edit settings
4. Switch to a league, and enter the ruleset id into the box. If you enter 0 or 6 (the ruleset id for the league division), it will revert back to a meta group.

Got it.

Thanks

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure it is trivial, but how can i create a custom ruleset? I expected it at the league creation page, or at the league page. Then i did a little forum research (found this topic), but havent got the specific solution. (I saw a /p/ruleset link at page 1, but that did not work for me.)

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Feels Like... Christmas! TY Boss XD

Here ye go matey, https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2016 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, got it, saved as a favourite.