18 coaches online • Server time: 04:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2007 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I myself would prefer all games to end as a DRAW Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Post season TR knockout status - Apply here!

Another status update.
All teams so far have been accepted into the group, and assigned into the appropriate bands. None of them have quite enough to start, but we're getting close.

Applications so far (11/3/07 - 10am):
0-150 - 6 teams
151-175 - 4 team
176-200 - 6 teams
201-250 - 5 teams
251+ (open) - 0 teams

Some extra information:

Some coaches have teams in multiple tournaments, which is fine, but, please let me know ASAP if you don't think you'll be able to play all of the games - scheduling 3-4 games in the course of a week is not that easy a task.

Also, if we end up needing to adjust the numbers slightly (e.g. there are 10 teams for a TR band, it is likely that coaches with only one team will be given priority.

If we don't get enough applications, I will consider merging some of the groupings, which would make the rating limits 0-150, 151-200, 201+, however I'd prefer to stick with the current TR bands if possible.

JoeKano

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Faibios wrote:
OK new plan.
Whippers beat Tainted ?
Groupies beat Reiter
Schola beat United

i stay 3rd not finish 6th

In the words of the great one....

" Screw you HIPPIE!!! "

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
foolwholaughsatdeath wrote:
What's the official explanation for this ruling? This seems to have gone down exactly opposite of what we keep telling coaches season after season will happen when resolving forfeits.

What good is a policy if we don't stick to it?

The policy was stuck to... DL had emailed the admins requesting an extension or a forfeit as gumbi had been absent for a 3 day period and had not replied to DL's PM.

gumbi in turn had emailed the admins with a single line ""Hi guys, i msg dl but no love?" on the wednesday. And was then absent from fumbbl for the above mentioned 3 days.

No request for extension, no advice on his own playing times available.

With DL in chat and waiting gumbi's appearance, we decided to award the points to DL on account he gave a more logical email and was on site ready to play with the only communication from gumbi being the cryptic one liner received mid-week followed by an absence.

Extensions are not unlimited and after an additional 48hrs, Laviak wielded the axe correctly.

The first PM i recieved from DL was on March the 7th, after my email (about 27 hours before the game was axed). I admit the email was a 'bit' cryptic, but it was requesting that someone ask DL to contact me, as he hadnt replied to my PM. I had heard he was retiring his team and figured he wouldnt bother playing the uneven game.

Unfortunately when I travel I do not have irc access, that doesnt mean I wasnt available for play, I was more than likely online. I had sent DL my mobile number to contact me (in either my first or second message - fumbbl doesnt have an outbox so i cant tell)

Shrug, doesnt make a big difference, shoots down my hopes of going to conf, next time I will be more clear in the email.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The more info the better! Useful as it would be, I don't think any of the admins are psychic, so we can only make a call based on what we are sent in the emails (that goes for coach names/team names too! - it makes it much easier to see which email corresponds to which game if the names of both coaches are in the email header).

These days, whenever I send an important PM, I always send it to myself as well. That way I don't have to remember what was in the message, or when it was sent (granted, this would be easier if FUMBBL had a "sent items" folder, or facility for multiple recipients).

Sandune

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on folks, bring those 250+ tr teams out of the woodwork and into the POST-SEASON TR BAND KNOCKOUT!

One of the very few chances that you will be able to take your shot at Stompin on the Southside Stone Smashers! weaker than ever before, here is your chance to real put the hurt in! so bring out those teams, 5 more teams needed people.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick status update - 6:30pm Sunday:

0-150 - 10 teams (first 8 teams are labelled as 150, last 2 are 151)
151-175 - 7 teams
176-200 - 7 teams
201-250 - 8 teams
251+ (open) - 3 teams

PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the planed tournament window? And when is it planed to start SWL season 19?
Quod

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

And Schola took it out! 2-0 for 1st place in their regional!

Raw flesh for everyone!

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Good one Quod,
now lets get the last games played,
Whippers and Groupies to win remember Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PLATYPUS wrote:
What is the planed tournament window? And when is it planed to start SWL season 19?

starts tonight (probably around 11pm after i do the axings), and a weekly schedule. So, assuming 8 teams, that's a 3 week schedule if you make it through to the finals, (4 weeks if there are 16 teams). Most likely there will be a couple of weeks before season 19 starts, so there probably will be some overlap.

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The Fringe Tournaments are just for fun and Laviak has kindly offered to run them... they will not be impacting the SWL season proper as the teams are Fringe and not SWL Divisional sides.
Quod

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

3 cheers for Laviak!

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hip hip....

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thigh thigh!
 Jump to: