50 coaches online • Server time: 18:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2011 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Has Milford heard the whisper that the top four teams in the other group could kick off simultaneously on Sunday evening to generate a bit of excitement and tension?

** Milford from the LC **

I did not.....that would be a lot of fun.

Last edited by PainState on %b %10, %2011 - %22:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2011 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Go go woodies!
Unless the wood elves win, I'd be better off in second place. I'd rather face those Star Wars folks than PTG2R.
So, um, yeah, double match Sunday at 22.00 seems to be the plan.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2011 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Was Dhaktoh's idea, so he can take the credit if it goes ahead which it looks like it will.

PainState wrote:
Malmir wrote:
Has Milford heard the whisper that the top four teams in the other group could kick off simultaneously on Sunday evening to generate a bit of excitement and tension?

Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2011 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Was Dhaktoh's idea, so he can take the credit if it goes ahead which it looks like it will.

PainState wrote:
Malmir wrote:

*blushes*

And, btw, the only reason Jock is predicting draws is that he doesnt dare to meet my girls in a revenge for the glt-semi! ;-D
Fela

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2011 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance we could get those teams that are definitely not going to qualify unscheduled and free to play?
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2011 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
Any chance we could get those teams that are definitely not going to qualify unscheduled and free to play?

Nope they need to finish out the tournament. But hey, complain to the woodstock, maybe he can make it happen.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dhaktokh wrote:
Malmir wrote:

That's an excellent way to paraphrase.

BTW: how do I enter a match in the tourney scheduler. League matches have a prompt on my home page, but I don't see that for the LC?
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll send you a time and you can accept it (or not obviously).
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2011 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood elves go for a horrible 2nd half fail, with nothing but bad bounces and pushbacks on the ballcarrier, allowing the orcs to TIE the game.

Although they're undefeated in the LC, woodies are out and the Pink troll advances
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Myself and Ken sadly can't play at the same time as the big 2...but since there's such a small chance of me qualifying anyway, it doesn't really matter.

We'll instead be the warm up act at around 7-8PM BBtime Very Happy.

[edit]

7-8 on Sunday that is

[/edit]

Last edited by Hitonagashi on %b %14, %2011 - %10:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
I'll send you a time and you can accept it (or not obviously).

OK, sure, but how could I have sent you one (/how did you send me)? Fixed for now, but I'd like to know how this stuff works.

BlueDevil420 wrote:
Wood elves go for a horrible 2nd half fail, with nothing but bad bounces and pushbacks on the ballcarrier, allowing the orcs to TIE the game.
Although they're undefeated in the LC, woodies are out and the Pink troll advances

First half starts off with elves receiving and orcs blitzing. It almost sees an spp pass punished for the wood elves, but they still manage a 6-turn stall and score. Orc 2TTD is easily prevented. Surprisingly, the elves outbash the orcs too!
Despite the second half being 10 elves and a wizard vs 8 orcs, the orcs amazingly hang onto the ball (sort off), despite about 10 dice on the BC, most of which were 1/3. Orcs manage a turn 16 tie. =/
With the elf oneturner out, the game is over.

Real shame for me: If I bring my elves out of the poule of basher hell, the first thing I get to face from the friendly poule will be the Pink Troll. Though I guess some skewed outcomes could lead to me in second place, in which case I'd face Jock's helves instead.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %14, %2011 - %10:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
Qaz

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

BlueDevil420 wrote:

Not only that but your draw pushes me out of the top 4 in that bracket omitting me a mention in MadTias top 8 major apperences Mad

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
BlueDevil420 wrote:

Not only that but your draw pushes me out of the top 4 in that bracket omitting me a mention in MadTias top 8 major apperences Mad

indeed. epic fail draw costs everyone dear...
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2011 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dhaktokh wrote:

So who do we blame if it doesn't? =P
Punk had to cancel, so we'll only see the #1 vs #2 match Sunday, 20.30ish.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2011 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The Titanic show down is getting set to detemine the final 2 spots in the Semi-fianl of the main draw. Lets take a look.

ImageTeam of the Spider Queen
VS
ImageColoful Characters

The Spiders come into the match with 11 players, 1 a j-man, but they are looking good. These guys can do some serious elf balling with a little bash if needed. Taking on the CD's they cannot afford to start taking a lot of CAS or KO. If they can stay on their feet they will have a good shot at pulling this one out. They will be giving up huge inducement money so that will give them pause. This is going to be a real uphill climb all match long.

The Colorful ones are still reeling from the Dressers smack down. Down a bull and 2 CDs and playing with a 11 man team, 2J-men hobs. On paper this could get ugly fast as the Darkies elfball them into the pitch. BUT there is hope. They get 560,000 gold in inducement money and they also have their 2 aces in the hole, their Hobgoblin ball carriers. Normally the Hobs are maligned and shunned but in this match the hobs are going to have to find a way to help carry the day. Mr Silver might just have to put the Characters on his back and carry the team over the finish line.

Who ever wins this match will advance to the final 4. That we know. What we dont know is if there is a tie will that eliminate one of these teams and send them packing from the Lustrian. So both teams need to play to win to quarantee their shot at the title.

This should be a great match. Iam leaning towards the Spiders in this one, just because of the AG4 and Elves are a good bet in a match like this. But that inducment money is so large. If the Characters can get the CAS counter moving they will get a huge advantage.

Going with the Spider Queen in this match. They get a defensive TO in the first half and manage to hang on for dear life and a 2-1 win to advance.

ImagePink Trolls Killers
VS
ImageCrossdressers

Pink Troll comes into the match looking to lay out some zons. But they have to be leery on what just happened to the Characters. So they need to bring in the enforcer Nestoroide and get him up and running and blowing up the guys in skirts and then have Pulpo Fiction following in his wake of death with the "rock" and secure their spot in the final 4. Also what da heck is going on when a bunch of Zons out MB/PO your team, talk about a blow to your dwarven pride.

The Dreseers are feeling confident and ready to lay into the Pinks. After that thrashing of the Characters they do not fear them and will give them the needed edge to blow into the final 4. It will be interesting to see what direction the dressers take. Will they go right at the CDs on the LOS or try to take out the Hobs and cripple the agility of the Pinks. Now I heard from a informant that the dressers were scene at the local Sears outlet store and bought 2 large red capes, seems they have a plan for that minatour. Rrrrodaaaaammmmm needs to put in a legendary performance to deftly move the ball down field and keep it secure.

This is going to be a stellar match to watch. The CAS should be flowing and I expect it to come down to the last turn. Just like the other match both teams depertly need the win. Dressers are out if they Tie so they have no option. The Pinks can tie and have a shot if the other match does not end in a tie and they might be able to push through on tie breaker points. To close a margin here, play to win will be the order of the day.

Dressers are on a serious roll and it is really hard to pick against them, they are en fuego right now. But Zons beating CDs in back to back games. Two trends that are going opposite directions. So a toss up match on paper.

I cant abandon the Dressers now, Iam all in. Dressers some how, some way find a way to pull this one out in the closing turns and get the 2-1 final and advance.

In the warm up match on sunday.

ImageNightmares of Khaos
VS
ImageHawkhem Harlequin Hammers

The Nightmares have to some how win this match for the slimmest of all shots to somehow advance. They are probally just playing for pride but you never know. They are beat up and beat down right now, lets hope this trend does not continue.

The Hammers are playing to kill, they have no shot to advance so why not take some DE skulls as a their own prize from the LC. Look for the Hammers to play to hurt some pixels.

Hammers are giving up some inducment money in this match which might pose a problem. But it does not stop them from maiming a few darkies as their swan song for the LC.

Nightmares get beat up and mauled in this match but fend off the Hammers enough to end this match in a 1-1 tie.