34 coaches online • Server time: 18:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2011 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the WO **

Well as I was hanging out in the press box waiting for some action to kick off I pulled out my trusty FUMBBL press guide to the WO and took a look at Qualifier #6 to see what was going on..Well some matches were allready played and a shocker took place. The Dark Elite, one of my top picks for the tournament was ousted in the opening round. Man those guys were stout ON PAPAER. But they get beat up and beat down and then thrown into the crowd. It was just ugly.
Well lets take a look at some of these other match ups.

This qualifier also has some very nice teams in term of TV. It should be a rough and tumble qualifer with some big names and big teams squaring off.

ImageCheese Ninjas
VS
ImageFolsom Prison Blues

Well we have a skaven vs High elf match up to ponder.
The skaven are not that impressive, but then again I never seem to be impressed with the little furr balls. But they do have some nice gutter runners, and one thing I know about skaven is that they live and die by the gutters. They outclass the prison boys and should be able to move the ball and contorl the games.

The Folsom crew is in a tough spot here. They are outclassd in skill and realize that if they lose they go back to jail. This is a tough spot for them. So what do guys in prison do. They come out swinging and go for the CAS and when that dont work some 4 man DP shiv action on the gutters. Maybe the prison way is the proper way in this match.

In the end the Folsom crew gets dispatched with haste and lose 3-1...dont forget your soap on the pitch.

Image69ers De luxe
VS
ImageVamus last Verds

Well we have a human vs vamp match up here.

The Humans are set to go in this match and will be able to control the LOS ans tee off on some Thralls. They play it close to the vest and control the vamps they will have a easy time of it. They just need to get some CAS falling their way and they will be in good shape.

Vamus will be getting a babe but what they really need is more Vamps. I dont think they have enough firepower from their vamps to be able to stem the tide of humanity. They have to rely on the Thralls to hold their ground and take down some the humans. A few badly timed OFB will spell doom for them.

This is a very interesting match. I can see it going both ways. But in the end the humans are just to much and overwhelm the thralls and control the ball in the second half for a 2-1 win.

ImageQwuerty team
VS
Bleeeek!

Well this isImage not even a match FUMBBL fans the Bleeeek Crew will be getting 1.6 MIL in inducment money to play the match. Lets just say the qwuerty team is the HEAVY favorite and only divine intervention will make them lose. BUT you got to see atleast the first few turns of this match and see how it starts to play out...The Chaos pact team of Bleeeeek will basically be able to buy every single inducement the game has to offer.

Qwuerty in a 3-0 win. It was fun to watch the inducements but after about 3 turns, reality strikes and the chaos pact team is run into the ground.

ImageMcMagnus Chronicles
VS
ImageStand Free

Well this one should be fun to watch. You will have Ogres chasing around a bunch of Wood elves and trying to strangle them.

The Mcmagnus crew only has one goal...KILL and MAIM every WE on the pitch and score about 5 touchdowns. Easy, just pound them into the ground and the game will be a cake walk.

Well the woodies are salivating at this match up. easy pickings, just stay out of arms reach and pick on some snotlings, finally something we can Lord over on the blood bowl pitch with our massive bashers skills, ah punk snotlings. But the woodies must be on the look out. Those Ogres will be head hunting, my gut tells me not all the woodies will be making it back.

Stand Free win this match with ease, but there will be moments of pain and agony. To much pain and agony and Milford will have picked wrong.
Stand free wins this one 3-1 and we get to see a OTS high flying Snotling fly through the air.

ImageBlood Sea Buccaneers
VS
ImageOrlovs---Lords of war

Well FUMBBL fans this match will probally kick off at 1PM CET on sunday. I cannot comment on this match due to the fact that Iam the play by play analysist for the Blood Sea Buccaneers network, thus a serious conflict of intrest. So if you happen to be at the match just look up into the press box and see me calling the match.
Of course we do not want any conflicts of intrest when it comes to Blood Bowl, it violate the sensabilities of my reading audience to much. DP boots, knees to the groin, Clawbombs and some pileon for the fun of it...all in good fun...conflict of intrest...19 page forum flame war about to take place.

Last edited by PainState on %b %18, %2011 - %01:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
somertown

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2011 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

ImageCheese Ninjas
VS
ImageFolsom Prison News

Who says prison reform isn't possible? The name gets changed from Blues to News, and what were once dark elves are now high elves.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2011 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know whether you guys like a dwarf vs. chaos dwarf match, but I hope to make this one entertaining:
The wannabe elf-balling Agility Monsters will face Giving It All Bald. The chaos dwarves are built far better and loaded heavily with Mighty Blow and Dirty Player. Plus they will probably convince Nobbla Blackwart to bring his chainsaw or Zzharg Madeye, just for his sheer muscle.
The Monsters on the other hand have a lot of sweet niggling injuries to offer and carry 20k TV of dead Pass Block weight. But at least it will be the first match for their female dwarven super-star Ramnah "The Black Maiden" Deepfire to try out her increased strength. Maybe wrestling some bulls?

Now, what do you predict?

The match will be played on Saturday, starting around 22:00 bbtime - spectators welcome!
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the WO ***

Get ready FUMBBL fans the first weekend of action is finally here. Get ready for a lot of matches to kick off. It should be a great two days for some WO spec. time.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

more qualifier predictions needed!!!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Don't know whether you guys like a dwarf vs. chaos dwarf match, but I hope to make this one entertaining:
The wannabe elf-balling Agility Monsters will face Giving It All Bald. The chaos dwarves are built far better and loaded heavily with Mighty Blow and Dirty Player. Plus they will probably convince Nobbla Blackwart to bring his chainsaw or Zzharg Madeye, just for his sheer muscle.
The Monsters on the other hand have a lot of sweet niggling injuries to offer and carry 20k TV of dead Pass Block weight. But at least it will be the first match for their female dwarven super-star Ramnah "The Black Maiden" Deepfire to try out her increased strength. Maybe wrestling some bulls?

Now, what do you predict?

The match will be played on Saturday, starting around 22:00 bbtime - spectators welcome!

I predict that the chainsaw will cut through your niggles. The Agility monsters will give some resistance, but the solid bald bulls and the lack of dorf means to take them out will see the CD defence working. Giving it All Bald wins 1-0.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2011 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Your prediction was quite accurate: There was no chainsaw involved, but the nigglings had their share. The Agility Monsters gave more then just some resistance and made it into overtime - where only seven dwarves were left to stop the bulls and their nine friends (who won the coin toss), which was actually not enough.

...and Giving it All Bald won 1-0!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2011 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my FUMBBL fans, what a spectacle of blood on display.. This is what is called laying the BOOT these CD's were just laying the boot and taking down dorfs left and right. The lunatics had no answers and go back to the looney farm down some players and a lot of bruises. IT was a glorious display of the power of the FFB boot.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well alot of action that first weekend. A lot of blood and and guts were spilled on the pitch. Some really close matches and a few blow outs for all the spectators to enjoy.

A new rulling for the WO did not allow the fans to yell hurt or boring for the weekend. That did cause some problems at the stadiums as armed stormvermin were dragging spectators out of the stadium in droves for breaking the new rules. After 4 unrully fans kept spamming boring they were drawn and quartered outside the stadium and that got every one else in line. So it was a nice pleasent Blood Bowl weekend with no boring or hurt chants erupting from the fans.

It seemed like the majority of the matches when the underdog was getting a large amount of inducements did not really help them on the scoreboard. I did not see one match were the underdog was down over 3000 TV come out with the win. BUT I did see they gave the favortie fits with all their stars and bribes, and some of those matches the underdog took their pound of flesh on the way out of the tournament.

Humanity is getting pummelled in the opening round as only 3 human teams are left now in the WO. Can the remaining 3 carry the day and make a serious push for the main draw. So far it is looking grim.

In a lot of the brackets it seems that the Wood Elves are rising to the top and they have a lot of teams allready in the second round. It seems no one can get their hands around their necks or break their legs. This might just be a foreshadowing of what is about to happen in the main draw. Someone needs to start "knee capping" some elves out there.

And on a sad note. The # of KIA on the pitch for the opening round was way down this year. Some fans are starting to grumble about the elfification of the new rules and that if the KIA's dont start increasing they vow never to watch another FUMBBL match ever again. Now of course those fans are going over the top to make a point. But their main point is not dismissed from me. It does seem the # of fatalities is going down and that is never good for a sport built on BLOOD. The odd dislocated knee or gouged eye is nice to witness. But nothing can match the pure ferocity of an Ogre rending an opponeet with a vicious fore arm shiver and then throwing his dead body into the 5th row for the fans to relish.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

regarding the low KIA count, i started a WO KIA thread

Bring out your dead so I can keep track of them!
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

It seemed like the majority of the matches when the underdog was getting a large amount of inducements did not really help them on the scoreboard. I did not see one match were the underdog was down over 3000 TV come out with the win. BUT I did see they gave the favortie fits with all their stars and bribes, and some of those matches the underdog took their pound of flesh on the way out of the tournament.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3137583 won with 410k (1560 vs 1970

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I scoured the tourney page for cool underdog wins a day or two ago:

Human vs Undead 2-0, 650 - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3136595
Delf vs Undead 2-0, 400 - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3137000
Orc vs Human 1-0, 400 - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3136458
Rats vs Orc 2-1, 500 - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3136754
Dorf vs Ogre 1-0, 600 - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3136780
Chorf vs Chorf 2-0, 400 - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3136832
Undead vs Ogre 2-1, 900 - https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3136967
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2011 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah! you're all missing the Elephant in the room!

Melodic Harmony 1 - 2 Corrupted Danes
2030 TV Orcs lose 2-1 to 1040 Rotters

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2011 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the poor ogres out of this. They are always underdog.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2011 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:
Take the poor ogres out of this. They are always underdog.

POOR UNDERDOG?!? 11 Ogre team are poor underdog? Before you speak such utterless nonsence take a look at this matchsetup. Take your words back or bet on my team to win Very Happy
1150k Nurgle Rotters Corrupted Danes
VS
2810k Ogre Momentos Miticos

I have proved your statement is wrong! Plain wrong I tell ya.

@James_Probert
Thanks Smile
 Jump to: