45 coaches online • Server time: 15:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2013 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

And that's a fine portrait of burgnutz after finding out he didn't make Last seasons playoffs, if I Do say so myself

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Eat me. How many long bombs do Khemri make during the final play for a win anyway?
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on vacation, so I don't have time for a full review, but damn... Jokey Smurf permed and Chris Long killed in Week 1? Sounds like the legends of tomorrow don't like the giants of last season...
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

didn't we talk about them being targets a couple of weeks ago?

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

@RRD I hope I can live up to your prediction and make the Superior Bowl. Then maybe change the script and win it. Wink

We just need a back up claw or two to deal with the Dwarfs, Orcs and such and we might have a shot.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Off to a rough start with an opening tie. Tough dice and overconfidence sure hurts just like getting smacked with a wet fish. Loud, rough, and stinks to high heaven!

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2013 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

2 games in 1 won 1 loss and 1 skill acquired. These chaos teams are action packed SPP machines.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2013 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I can offer a great deal on some new protective gear. White rock Armory is already sponsoring the (in)famous Lonely mountain Miners.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2013 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure exactly what's going to happen with the Weekly now that Azure is not around, but for now, here are the Week 3 game recaps! Enjoy!

AWC West vs. NWC East

Necropolis Priest Kings 2 - Easter Island Stone Faces 0

Both teams experienced some early fail, but the Priest Kings were able to control the ball and score a defensive TD in the first half. The lack of a bench and failed dodges for the humans gave the Khemri an easy cage grind for 2-0.

Colorado Centaurs 2 - Seoul Eaters 0

Turn 1 for the rats ended with a Both Down/Both Down block from their rat ogre PSY. Turn 2 with an ejection for fouling. Turn 3 with PSY rolling Skull/Skull. shoebdoo tried a sideline cage, but it was in contact with a standing dorf, which allowed a surf. When a gutter runner couldn't make 2+ 3+ 3+ with a reroll to score, the defensive score for Colorado opened up. The first two turns of the second half removed five rats from the field, and baelnic had time to hand the ball to a bull centaur to score with.

Argentinian Caudillos 3 - Essen Exsanguinators 2

The Caudillos scored quickly despite it being Very Sunny. A wizard and some thirsty vamps allowed a defensive score by the Argentinos, but Essen had enough time left in the half to make it 2-1. Some inflicted casualties prompted Essen to score quickly in the second half for 2-2, trying for the win, but it was the Caudillos who would go up 3-2, and Essen could not land a third score of their own.

Green Back Smackers 2 - Cleveland Men 0

The humans repeatedly failed pickups and dodges, letting the Smackers score two defensive TDs in the first half. The Cleveland woes continued in the second, joined in fail by Green Back.

AWC South vs. NWC North

Joplin Disasters 0 - Snarkville Smurfs 0

Failed attempts to hand the ball to a 15 SPP blocker cost the Smurfs their first chance at a TD, and a pair of interceptions left each side unable to score in the first half. The Smurfs had a rough start to the second half, but their hired wizard came through like a juggernaut, hitting all three targets, and inflicting three CAS! The rest of the Disasters rallied to prevent the defensive score, leaving this a hard-fought draw.

Har Ganeth Korsairs 2 - Vatican City Popes 1

The elves delivered the early beats, removing four rats from the field by turn 3. A fireball opened up the cage, but while the Popes stole the ball twice, they were never able to secure it, and Har Ganeth took it back both times for 1-0. The Popes eked out a three-turn score in the second half, but were down on manpower and could not prevent the go-ahead TD.

Detroit Delvers 1 - Nocturne Falls Honey Badgers 0

A rough day for the last two original Honey Badgers. +ST POMBer Reggie Wight was MNG'd on the first turn of the game, and Super Star mummy Junior Say-Ow was killed at the end of the first half. Nocturne Falls struggled though the second half to get the ball into scoring distance, and their ball-carrier failed a 3+ dodge w/ reroll on turn 8 to deny them the tie.

St. Luna Cardiac Cardinals 1 - St. Louis Yams 0

A match cut short, as coach Azure walked off the pitch due to a failed Stunty Love workaround. Sad

AWC North vs. NWC South

Spokane Thundershock! 2 - Hollywood Divas 0

Failure to respect the sidelines against Norse cost the Divas multiple surfs, and the rest of the Amazons seemed to have left their armour at home. While the Divas almost made off with the ball a couple times, by the midpoint of the first half there were only two left on the field. Even these were almost enough to prevent the score, but they too were finally surfed and the Thundershock! ran the ball in off a clear pitch. Hollywood's dot formation on offence led to more surfing, and Spokane made off with the ball once more.

Lonely Mountain Miners 2 - White Rock Midnight 1

A quick elf score got the bomber off the field, but elven armour did not stand up, with four of them going down early in the second drive. The dwarven ball-carrier survived a 2d blitz for a turn 8 score, and Lonely Mountain had a full half of 2-to-1 man advantages to walk in the winner.

Alethkar Shard Warriors 5 - Sinsick City Fanaticals 0

Four Fanaticals were hanging out in the KO box by the end of the first turn, letting the Shard Warriors walk in their first score with a flesh golem. Failed 1d blocks cost Sinsick City the ball for the second score. A Blitz to start the second half delivered the ball right to Alethkar wolf Kaladin Stormblessed, who survived the return hit to score and become a Star. TTM finally worked for the Fanaticals, but the dodge for a screen failed, leaving the ball-carrier open to a wolf blitz, and enabling a second flesh golem score. Down to five players for the final turn, the Fanaticals were punished once more when a Riot gave Alethkar time to acquire the ball once more and score.

North West Walking Brawls 4 - Shadowland Golds 0

An even first half hinged on lucky crowd bounces to give the Walking Brawls their first TD. Sweltering Heat left the elves unable to defend properly against a Blitz. An attempt to run the ball up let North West steal it again for their third TD, and a snaked elf pass gave them their fourth. A vicious snub by Nuffle after a well-fought first half by the Golds.

AWC East vs. NWC West

Surrey Serpents 2 - Butte Kickers 1

An odd choice by oneturnscore as he induced a chainsaw, but did not field it on offence. The drive forward was stymied by the lizards, keeping the Chaos ball-carrier from making forward progress, and when the ball-carrier failed a dodge the Serpents were able to collect it and take off. A Blitz to start the second half sent the Kickers in deep, but this backfired when the ball bounced away from them and a skink ran it past them to safety and an eventual 2-0. The Kickers managed to salvage some pride with some CAS and a TD in the closing moments.

Detroit Lyin' Lizards 2 - Slum City Underbellies 1

An early fireball went 4-for-5, letting Detroit steal the ball, although Tentacles delayed their score for a turn. Slum City fired back with a TD of their own, depleting the skink population in the process. The teams jockeyed for position in the second, but a failed RS and failed GFI from the Underbellies finally gave Detroit the window they needed to win.

Staten Island Simpletons 1 - Eville Enforcers 1

A rookie chaos warrior killed himself on an early Both Down with a rookie black orc, to the entertainment of the crowd. Staten Island regrouped and pushed forward, but could not break contact, and a Skulled block let the orcs take down their ball-carrier. Neither side was able to hold onto the ball for long, and failed pickups in back-to-back turns left Staten Island unable to recover and score. Eville tried to take advantage of superior numbers in the second half, but hired star Varag Ghoul-Chewer failed rolls through Loner on consecutive turns to allow the Simpletons to grab the ball. A -2d blitz forced them to score with two turns left, and with a 10-7 man advantage Eville managed to tie the game on turn 8.

Arkansas Bloody Carpet 2 - Slann Frogcisco 49ers 1

After an initial switchback was cut off, Arkansas dug in, content to let the frogs come to them. They managed to surf the Krox, and by the time they made their move Slann Frogcisco was out of rerolls and could not hold them off. A lightning bolt took the ball away from the 49ers in the second half, but they managed to recover it and score. The Bloody Carpet got two CAS and a surf on the opening turn of their return drive, and after some drama and a lot of jumping around got the winning score on turn 8.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2013 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As a long-standing member of this league, I think we should make a rule that bans the use of wizards!
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2013 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

how long have you been here?

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2013 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Have I ever expressed how much I detest playing against mid-range dwarf teams? I was made extra bitter when I was denied the tie on the failed dodge after fighting against rotten dice and minus my best striker for the whole match.

Not to take anything against Miyuso. He played well and had the edge in luck to boot, but I'm definitely looking forward to the rematch in the second half of the season. The Badgers have developed an immediate grudge against Detroit...mainly because no one should ever lose to a Detroit team. That's just embarrassing.
burgun824

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2013 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
As a long-standing member of this league, I think we should make a rule that bans the use of wizards!

We've been there and done that. I hate how much a wizard can change the course of a game as much as the next guy....until I have enough to induce one.

Is this a serious suggestion or is it meant to be tongue in cheek?
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2013 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone who lost to a wizard in their last game, I also support the banning of wizards. Retroactively!

As someone who is thinking of firing an injured thrall in order to induce a wizard against Green Back, I disagree! Wink
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2013 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Slum city have felt the wrath of the wizard this season. Lost an MA/AG +1 pest to one on turn one in pre season and gave up a defensive td from another first turn fireball in last nights game vs lizzies. Usually they suck vs me on table top but on the client, they crush me.