11 coaches online • Server time: 05:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Necro and Undead discussion
Necro lose their Golems and Undead lose a Mummy
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Golems and Mummies get decay
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Iam with Settra of no nerfs to rosters..KPL is fine as is.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
I have a better idea beside getting rid of all rosters but Khemri
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
PIE: Iam just hanging out eating the pie and drinking Settras brown ale.
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

PainState

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Sounds good.

I like everything except the divisions by race. If the Khemri all have AG3 access, they can play with the other teams.

The vamp division will also quickly farm an uber vamp team or two.

Mirror matches are going to get old quickly...

Beerox wrote:
Ready for 6+ Khem v Khem slugfests per season, plus rivalries - that's what I signed up for!

Wait: Depending on the interdivisional matchup in a given season, could we end up with all 10 games Khem v Khem? Yes please.

Well the necro and undead teams only have one mirror. So that issue is small IMO. The Vamp mirror issue is diffrent in nature due to each Vamp team has 3 mirrors (if 4 vamps are in a confernce) and thus would play 6 out of 10 matches in a 10 match Divisonal/Conference format against Vamp teams.

One of the reasons I split the divisons like I did was to attempt to make it so your team, lets say it is Khemri, would ideally only face necro/udead/Vamps around 3-4 out of 10 matches, all the rest against Khemri. Now that ideal scenario does switch every season due to conference round switching every season.

Ok, I will let this one issue still be open. I will look into more once we get Season #2 regular season wraped up and we see what kind of new blood comes into the KPL.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh yeah! +AG player and draft picks? Now THIS is fantastic!

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the LRB rosters unchanged.

I like the divisions.

I think creative draft picks is the way to go. Have plenty of +ag, sure hands, and NoS, Disturbing Presence, or whatever else people think will be equalizers.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok, I will let this one issue still be open. I will look into more once we get Season #2 regular season wraped up and we see what kind of new blood comes into the KPL.

Don't let me dissuade you, I am fine with the more race aligned divs if that is more to everyone's liking. Give it a shot and see if it happens. The only game-breaker for me would be not having the euro/NA split, as I couldn't schedule games without headache.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL will always be split between North America and Europe..that will never change.

The issue of the mirror matches is the idea that the Vampire teams would possibly play up to 60% of their matches against fellow Vamp teams. That sounds very un fun IMO.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't like mirror matches, why enter a 4 race league? Serious question.

Playing vamps in this league may be unfun in the first place, for your average Joe. It's a rough road. If you pick vamps you'd better be a 1) Legend, 2) Lucky SOB, or 3) Masochist.

Vamp coach opinions on the matter will be interesting to hear.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL was formed up on the idea that the 4 "undead" teams would compete in the KPL. The racial balance is in favor of Khemri teams. It is set up that 50%+ of the KPL will be Khemri teams.

KPL at its core when it comes to scheduling tries to balance out what race type you will play. KPL as never bought into or promoted the idea of single race league, all Khemri, in fact the opposite.

Now with the racial balance as it is most teams over time will have Khemri as there most faced opponeet. Now that being said.

Because of the divisonal system this balance does get skewed in the short run. Example. The Dune Raiders are in a Divison with a necro team, this season we played the divison with the other Necro team. Thus they played Necro 3 times this season. This racial balance will change each season depending on the rotation of the conference play.

That was the reasoning behind having one necro team in diffrnet divs. and attmept to have one undead team in the other two divs. Last season this balance was out of line due to grandfathered Necro and undead teams.

The current state of the KPL as it stands is that both Conferences have 2 necro teams. The KFC has 2 undead teams and the NFC lost ALL 4 of their undead teams. Undead in the NFC just threw in the towel.

SO that leaves us with the ideal scenario. The much desired 2/2/4 ratio of Necro/Undead/Vamp. This ratio with the remainder of the KPL filled with Khemri will balance out the racial mix to the point that in one season you will face Necro/Undead for 3 matches in the regular season and maybe up to 3 matches against Vamp and 4+ against Khemri.

Vamps, I have this gut feeling will probaly always have a tough time getting 4 of them into each conference. Thus those slots will be filled with more Khemri teams.

IMO balancing out the divisons by race will ensure that each team will get a good sampling of all the races with Khemri being at around 50% of your matches.

The idea of the 4 races in the end was also about the 4 teams match up really well in terms of strengths VS weakness. That is why they are good match ups.

With the Khemri Buff this season Khemri teams have their major weakness addressed and hopefully it will buff them enough to cover for their mass AG2/1.

You wanted a honest answer and there you go.

Now for the brutaly honest answer.

If you signed up to the KPL with the expectation level of a league that was Khemri VS Khemri...Well you signed up for the wrong league and did not read the rules/fluff.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2014 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
If you don't like mirror matches, why enter a 4 race league? Serious question.

Playing vamps in this league may be unfun in the first place, for your average Joe. It's a rough road. If you pick vamps you'd better be a 1) Legend, 2) Lucky SOB, or 3) Masochist.

Vamp coach opinions on the matter will be interesting to hear.

I am none of the above: 1) only good, not legend, 2) definitely unlucky with blood lust, 3) not a masochist all evidence to the contrary.

That being said, I do have two seasons with vamps under my belt and have only faced another vampire team twice. I would actually welcome more mirror matches. For that matter, less than 50% of my games have been against khemri. I would welcome more matches against them too.

Update: I counted, I have played 6 matches vs Necro, 5 vs. Undead, 4 vs. Khemri and only 1 vs. another Vampire. I doubt anyone has had a worse schedule.

I don't want to be in another division with a Necro team, an undead team, and a third team that quits mid season thus denying me a decent matchup.

If Settra is going back on his decision about the division structure, I don't think I want to suffer yet another season of slaughter and lopsided match ups. Reversing that change means absolutely nothing was done to address the concerns of non-Necro/undead coaches. I am not asking for balance, just a decent chance at having a few fun matches.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2014 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:

If Settra is going back on his decision about the division structure, I don't think I want to suffer yet another season of slaughter and lopsided match ups. Reversing that change means absolutely nothing was done to address the concerns of non-Necro/undead coaches. I am not asking for balance, just a decent chance at having a few fun matches.

The entire point of balancing out the Divs is so ALL the races of the KPL can play games at roughly the same % against the other races.

By allowing the grandfathered 1st season Necro/undead teams it really unbalanced the KPL.

That situtation took care of itself for the KPL.

KPL now has racial balance.

Now I have no control over coaches quitting. If we go through 100% of season #3 with no coaches bailing on us every coach will face a diverse range of teams at various levels of TV and in the end it is up to the coaches themselves to make the KPL fun in game.