37 coaches online • Server time: 12:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2014 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
happygrue wrote:
I'm holding out for Double Secret Dodge.

Couldn't do it grue, the advertisement was longer than the video.

You fail! I'm putting you on Double Secret Probation.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

jorj wrote:
so…… bashers are favoured over ballers!
lets just assume that statement is correct .
what would balance it?

You have to ask why that statement is true and you will know how to fix it...

Agile teams do worse in team development, ie. the metagame.. the things they do better at are stricly ingame related. There they can do certain things better but it isn't enough that they actually win more over bashers.. player removal skills are more than enough to compensate for awsome players...

On the other hand even if you take a bash team you can still develop agile and versatile players while the opposite isn't necessarily true due to lack of skill access.

So what would fix it?

If agile teams had a slightly better shot at winning, bash teams would be still very attractive for their meta gaming advantages.

Oh, just one remark:
Bashers are taken over agile teams in environments where this is true. But I should note that it isn't universally true.
In short lived rookie leagues for instance agile teams gain a significant edge over bash teams in development.
Especially since nr. of played games is a factor here.

However, if a league runs a prolongued period, that evens out again, because keeping players with lots of SPP alive is the best way to maintain a high level team. And the best way to do that is threat removal, which in turn requires to have threats too.

Then in ranked having teams with no unfair advantages is actually a good thing...

..So we really get only huge problems from this when it comes to TV based matchmaking, ie. box, so I guess we're talking about that.

Note that there is only so and so much you can do to change box without altering the rules...
But the same basic principle applies, improve the chance of agile teams to win in box environment and they will be played more often.
 Jump to: