31 coaches online • Server time: 09:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Regen is just fine. Regen teams don't even come close to dominating. Nerdbird just had a match where regen worked nicely for his opponent and it unsuprisingly was annoying.

As for those turning this into yet another cpomb debate... Click Here

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I like how I had an undead game last night where I lost 2 players to perms despite regen. Thanks Nerdbird you big jinxer.
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
Regen is just fine. Regen teams don't even come close to dominating. Nerdbird just had a match where regen worked nicely for his opponent and it unsuprisingly was annoying.

Actually the Regen team I recently played DID NOT benefit from Regen. In the past though, I myself, have benefited a lot from Regen. Also, Undead can hang out at whatever TV they want because they constantly make money, generate new zombies all the time and have nothing to spend money on....

My Undead team has 1570000 in the bank after 31 games and if I am not happy with a players development I fire him and hire a new one. Obviously the Dirty Cranberries "manage" their TV and games to keep in that sweet spot. Howie Makepeace lives because of Regen and dodging tough teams. They are zombies, of course they do but still, you can't do that as successfully without regen.

Undead have a big advantage when it comes to fouling. Why would I risk booting a player and having him thrown out of the match when he has a pretty good chance of regenerating. My main thing is, I think regen is too good for a 40K zombie.
GronxWild

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

and too bad for your St6 blocking mummy Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

apos are for the weak

ban all apos

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
apos are for the weak

ban all apos

Apos are great.

You can guarantee that a key KO/BH player stays on the field or returns next drive.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:

Undead have a big advantage when it comes to fouling. Why would I risk booting a player and having him thrown out of the match when he has a pretty good chance of regenerating. My main thing is, I think regen is too good for a 40K zombie.

Because the player is one of those annoying JUTPOMB Wights and/or you have a dedicated fouler or a deep bench and want to press a numbers advantage on a long drive? Or they have a ghoul heavy team and they are a weak link in attrition on the team?

Different teams present different challenges though. I don't think the challenge is insurmountable.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
akaRenton wrote:

Actually the Regen team I recently played DID NOT benefit from Regen. In the past though, I myself, have benefited a lot from Regen. Also, Undead can hang out at whatever TV they want because they constantly make money, generate new zombies all the time and have nothing to spend money on....

My Undead team has 1570000 in the bank after 31 games and if I am not happy with a players development I fire him and hire a new one. Obviously the Dirty Cranberries "manage" their TV and games to keep in that sweet spot. Howie Makepeace lives because of Regen and dodging tough teams. They are zombies, of course they do but still, you can't do that as successfully without regen.

Apologies, the comment about the opponent benefitting from regen was based on someone elses reply which implied they had watched your replay and seen that it had. My bad. Also if you took it as a personal attack, it wasn't meant that way. I just don't agree with your opinion of regen.

It is a very nice skill, but take it away from the zombies and they would be extremely useless. All the different races have various strengths and weaknesses. The regen teams have a lot of weaknesses, and regen balances them out nicely.

Why would you foul a zombie anyway unless it was kicker or something (excepting novelty teams).

Yeah I do manage the Cranberries TV somewhat, but in honesty I rarely have to. Once permed or dead I replace one, and being an all lineman team I have no expensive positionals to replace. I want more legend zombies on the team so I only fire when I end up with too many that have rolled normals.

Regen teams do get rich, but it doesn't really help except to add a number to their team page. What would we spend it on? Well apart from ghouls, they do tend to explode a lot Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
pythrr wrote:
apos are for the weak

ban all apos

Apos are great.

You can guarantee that a key KO/BH player stays on the field or returns next drive.

Y U NO READ?

I say apos are FOR the weak, not apos ARE weak.

Pfft.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ghouls are just stupid. I see no reason to have more than 1, MAYBE 2. Yeah, they might get you somewhere in a big one-off game, otherwise they are stupid bloat in CRaP. A rookie ghoul on a 1500+ TV team is bloat you do not need. And who the heck needs a mummy with 3 regular skills rolls?

Again, I don't really have a problem with regen players like Mummies, Wights and Vampires....but I still believe they should go to the KO box or something. I also think you should get a regen roll on a KO to see if you go to the reserves box (essentially getting a free roll for KO)

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

i think regen is a good way to fight Clawpomb,in the case it works you can field a good part of your team in half 2.And the chance that´s working is on 50%.For my taste not that huge.Disagree with the view on Ghouls,yes they die fast but any undead team need them (2 wights with ag3 are simply not enough).On necros its possible to skip them.But i like more than 2-4 ag3 players in my teams:)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I never use ghouls in the Box - wights as all purpose dudes. G's are total bloat. Use them in R sometimes, as a good ghoul can win you a game.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
I like how I had an undead game last night where I lost 2 players to perms despite regen. Thanks Nerdbird you big jinxer.

mahaha

+1 to Koadah and renton as well.
albinv

Post 23 Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Ghouls are just stupid. I see no reason to have more than 1, MAYBE 2. Yeah, they might get you somewhere in a big one-off game, otherwise they are stupid bloat in CRaP.

Again the dreadful combination of being as wrong as a person could be and that remarkable sense of mission and wrong self-awareness. Surprised

Please run a one ghoul undead team in the Box successful, then come back to - once again - correct all the people involved in making this a working game for years - with your brilliance.

Any successful undead team needs a formula of 2-4 ghouls at least, period.

Still not decided whether you are severely annoying or just enjoyable nonsense. Very Happy

Cya in the box!
albinv

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...and dont they have the broken regen skill to make up for the shi#ty ghouls anyway according to you?

Honestly its just a game and all - but you make so much sense. And really give a crap.
 Jump to: