26 coaches online • Server time: 08:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What a Legend would take
Pro - Maximum Pain
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
Juggernaut - No fend can stop me!
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Grab - Filthy Sidesteppers
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Two heads - Mobile blitz?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something Else?
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Rotter Pie
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 58

giltiar

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Waw!!
I like this kind of question, not in order to have THE right response...
But here we can read a lot of point of view about experimented coaches,
I must say that licker, Ahalfling or bghandras opinion are a great lightning to this kind of blog.
To resume I agree to say it depends only how you want to play your guy after like it has been said before. So the difficulty about legends...is to stay alive, then take care about him, and how you ll play him on future!
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend keeps him mobile and stops him being piled on or frenzied. Foul appearance is decent, people won't want to be stood next to him so will likely burn rrs to hit him. Dauntless could be useful if the Prem is strength team heavy next season.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It's another Elf heavy Prem.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, ofc. Look at Jill Roberts... and this
bghandras wrote:
Really? Frenzy is worst on killer? Are you joking? Frenzy is best on killers.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Frenzy, ofc. Look at Jill Roberts... and this
bghandras wrote:
Really? Frenzy is worst on killer? Are you joking? Frenzy is best on killers.

Does it get you in trouble with Dudehorns?
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My serious advice is that your players should reflect what you like as a coach, and if you like the idea of Pro go for it. Getting legend pesti's who clawpomb won't be too hard (if you play long enough) you can always mix it up in the future.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
My serious advice is that your players should reflect what you like as a coach, and if you like the idea of Pro go for it.

+1

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I like frenzy. His job is to remove players. Frenzy gives him an automatic try while pro is 50/50.

Fend is dumb in my book. He should be either protected, or prone. Fend helps in neither situation.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Robert Frost took Pro as his legend skill and I've never regretted it. Of course, I've found that I use it almost as much on late-game dodges and GFIs in desperate situations as I do to reroll blocks, since he is the most likely Laureate to survive to the end of the match. Also, he already had frenzy and juggernaut Very Happy
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

With Juggernaut you have a 50% chance of takedown against a Wrestle player with a 1db. One CPomber should have Juggernaut in a team.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

wintergreen13 wrote:
Robert Frost took Pro as his legend skill and I've never regretted it. Of course, I've found that I use it almost as much on late-game dodges and GFIs in desperate situations as I do to reroll blocks, since he is the most likely Laureate to survive to the end of the match. Also, he already had frenzy and juggernaut Very Happy

And that is exactly why Pro is a very useful skill to have.
It is almost whatever you need it to be in almost every situation you can encounter.
It is the Swiss Army Knife of Blood Bowl.
A Swiss Army Knife is not better at being Scissors than Scissors... or better than being a Screwdriver than a Screwdriver... or better than being a Wine Key than a Wine Key... or better at being a Can Opener than a Can Opener...
But a Swiss Army knife is better at being Scissors than a Screwdriver, Wine Key or Can Opener... and so on and so on.
And you only have room on this player to carry 1 more tool. Why not a Multi-tool?

Last edited by Catalyst32 on %b %19, %2016 - %22:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
With Juggernaut you have a 50% chance of takedown against a Wrestle player with a 1db. One CPomber should have Juggernaut in a team.

No. You still have a 33% chance to take them down. Rolling Both Down is turned into a Push with Juggernaut.
You still must roll a POW or a Push/POW to knock down an opponent with Wrestle.
There is no advantage gained in Knocking Down and opponent with THIS player by taking Juggernaut.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Dominik wrote:

No. You still have a 33% chance to take them down. Rolling Both Down is turned into a Push with Juggernaut.
You still must roll a POW or a Push/POW to knock down an opponent with Wrestle.
There is no advantage gained in Knocking Down and opponent with THIS player by taking Juggernaut.

"Juggernaut: if the player takes a Blitz action, the opposing player may not use his Fend, Stand Firm or Wrestle skills against the Juggernaut player's blocks.
The Juggernaut player may also choose to treat a 'Both Down' result as if a 'Pushed' result has been rolled instead for blocks he makes during a Blitz action."

Therefore Wrestle doesn't protect from Both Down result of a Juggernaut player who is blitzing.
The Juggernaut player MAY choose to threat Both Down as Pushed if he wants, but he's not forced to do so; he can keep Both Down and knock down the Wrestle player if he choose to not turn Both Down into Pushed.
Only Block protects from being knocked down by a blitzing Juggernaut player, Wrestle doesn't.
bancobat

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2016 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

regarding your team, as your only killer pestigor, i guess he does all the blitzes, so i would take Frenzy to maximize this point and his removal potential
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say even if only blitzes 50% of the time, you can take frenzy assuming you can manage it. (If you cant manage frenzy, then dont take it.)