26 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mekutata

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:

I definitely dodge more than I would take hits.

That's what my goblins also (try to) do.
It allows more unlikely assists for fouling or blitzing if you can dodge like an elf.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This really lives me puzzled, as i consider 2heads gobz vital for uw tactics. Sure if your goal is to have a 1200 tv team with 2 clawpombers then anything else is bloa, but that's just box meta and not the way uw is meant to be played to reach its best potential.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see stuntees being handled a bit different TV wise in da box and other known match making environments. So Goblins, Halflings etc could wreck there a bit with high inducements. But a 2 clawpomber UW team with only living unmutated meatshields sounds kinda alright and practical. Just not like fun to play or watch.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
This really lives me puzzled, as i consider 2heads gobz vital for uw tactics. Sure if your goal is to have a 1200 tv team with 2 clawpombers then anything else is bloa, but that's just box meta and not the way uw is meant to be played to reach its best potential.

If you bloat UW, it will suck, no matter if you are playing in the Box, League or Ranked (unless you cherrypick, of course).
The reason is simple: you can stack 6 skills on all your UW Goblins, just to watch them destroyed by Tacklepombers.
We don't have a CRP rule that says how UW should be played, instead we know that stacking skills on Goblins (and on very cheap/squishy players with a poor statline) generally has a diminishing return.
It's better to stack skills on the players with a good skill access and who can have a real impact on the game, in the case of UW the Blitzers, to hurt stuff, and the Thrower, to carry the ball and throw the odd pass, and as Leader caddy.
If you don't like TV trimming you should blame the skill pricing and the killstacks.
I would consider taking Two Heads if the skill cost was 10 TV, but 20 TV means that 2 Goblins with Two Heads cost as 3 rookie Goblins.
I prefer to have more cheap reserves to put on the LOS, instead of Two Heads Goblins that don't stay enough on the pitch to justify their cost.
This is my experience from actual play in the Box, not theorycrafting.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %30, %2016 - %18:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
almic85

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

UW just generally suck compared to other teams and need a much higher risk strategy than most other teams.

From experience I would say +AG gobbos (with big hand is useful) are the best, followed by +st (with two heads and horns). Nearly any other skill is a waste on them, but two heads is useful and occasionally diving tackle or side step. Generally all skills should be stacking on the skaven though.

that said I would not fire a two skill gobbo I just would not bother using an apo on them.

The troll works ok with tentacles or claw (or block if you get it) but is usually going to be TTMing a goblin. I prefer tentacles.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Matt what you say makes perfect sense. In box. That's it. It's box meta and it's not uw natural development. Just because 2headed goboz are so much better than rookie ones for 20k. You need goboz to be mobile.

Your reasoning is as usual flawless for box meta, but it really doesn't apply to any environment outside of box.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Matt what you say makes perfect sense. In box. That's it. It's box meta and it's not uw natural development. Just because 2headed goboz are so much better than rookie ones for 20k. You need goboz to be mobile.

Your reasoning is as usual flawless for box meta, but it really doesn't apply to any environment outside of box.

I control my TV in private league too, for example I play my Khemri with 2 team rrs + leader and I don't stack skills on Skeletons to deny the Wizard when I play vs Skaven.
No matter the environment, you should always keep an eye on your TV and see if the skills you take are really worth their price or not.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

While I see a reason to have three unskilled goblins instead of two with meh skills, Matt, I would consider taking two two headed ones instead of three. The bribes are not 50k. You need to play the ball to save menz.

I'm not an UW player yet, but I do try not to give a Wiz to my opponent for no reason.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I play with a 15-16 man Roster at around 160TV in Box. The only Gobs I drop are ones with injuries. It depend what a person feels is successful. I don't win a lot of games compared to a Tier 1 team, but I sure have fun playing them. Matt is on a goal to make Legend with every Race. This clouds his judgement because he only has one goal when Playing. I on the other hand have 3-4 Goals. Win, Have Fun, Look Flashy while doing it, and sometimes it's to kill their best players. So if you just talk about Winnnkng, stick to no skill Gobs on 11 man Rosters. You need Two Heads to reliabley dodge away to gang foul players. It's the way it has to be in the Box.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=802823

Jeffro
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Matt is on a goal to make Legend with every Race. This clouds his judgement because he only has one goal when Playing.

Yes, I want to achieve Legend with every race except the joke teams, but that doesn't change anything, even without that personal goal I'd play to win and would build UW in the same way.
keggiemckill wrote:
I on the other hand have 3-4 Goals. Win, Have Fun, Look Flashy while doing it, and sometimes it's to kill their best players.

For me Win = Have Fun. Since win rate can be measured, I can measure the amount of fun I had in a match. Razz . Joking aside, I sometimes enjoy losses and ties as well if the match has been tense and breathtaking till the last turn, while I do not enjoy games almost totally decided by the first opening blocks or by too many casualties.
Looking Flashy while trying to win it's a bonus for me, not a goal.
keggiemckill wrote:
So if you just talk about Winnnkng, stick to no skill Gobs on 11 man Rosters.

I don't play a 11 men UW roster, as I said I try to have 14 players whenever possible, I consider the 3 LOS Goblins as likely Casualties so I need more than 11 players. If I do not suffer many Casualties and I see I will have enough players for the match I can use the spare Goblins to foul. 40 TV is a nice trade when fouling almost any player.

My UW team is 1420 TV and has only one clawpomber: http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=761139

P.S. One thing I forgot to write, although it's obvious: by firing Goblins at the first skill up if it's not +AG I increase the chances of rolling +AG on a Goblin, because the first skill requires only 6 SPPs.
 Jump to: