21 coaches online • Server time: 03:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahem.

I just had a game recently ... started with a couple mngs on my roster ... due to the rule of 11 I had to field all secret weapons, and my opponent (skyre slaves) broke armor well as well. I tried to score as late as possible, but regardless ... I ended up with having only 2 players to field by second half (both slayers) - all secret weapon players where banned, the rest injured. Gnomes are NOT overpowered.

Especially given they are MA4, and other team get access to three trolls, pumpwagons _and_ two sporeflingers.

Coach a gnome team yourself and see how much they will win.

-Mnemon
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

then perhaps the team your metioning that has accsess to "three trolls, pumpwagons _and_ two sporeflingers" needs tweaking, but i do not like the av 8 across the board its not really stunty, it seems more liek u have tryed to creat another dwarf team
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well - dwarves where (losely) what the gnomes are based on, so that is fine in my opinion.

-Mnemon
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow....

Wow.....

My gnomes played 20 games under the old style

record was 5/1/14.
first 12 games were losses.

first game back since the changes, which i only realised had happened halfway through the game so was still using the cannons as really stupid etc and it was a 2-0 win and i absolutely brutalised my Nurgling opponent, which by the way was no shoddy team either too, it was a good skilled team and well coached by a damn fine coach, just luck was not with him at all...

mind you i have been lucky with doubles etc and +str's in those first 20 games so this is a good team. but Av8? what am i gonna spend my money on now. suggestions anyone?

Wow what a game!

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Injuries like that happen in stunty. I cleaned (and had my team cleaned) off the pitch several times by the end of the first half. Lose a couple bombers or similar and your money will drop as well, again. Av8 is not that much harder to beat then av7 - especially with high strength claw/rsc/mb players around.

-Mnemon
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Played 1 game against the new gnomes and won't be playing them ever again as they currently are. I think I broke armour about 3 times, one of those a KO from a failed dodge. Av8 is plain stupid. Cheaters were seriously weaker than gnomes but havent been improved yet. Strigoyan were much less armoured but still havent been improved either. Gnomes needed help to score instead they got uber armour to make them even MORE boring to play. Pfft.
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah my lovely chaos flings got uber carnaged by gnomes

sniff sniff

They are still weak at low tr....but later on they seem to be perty awesome

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=585580
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes can be extremly fun to play with and against if the coach playing the gnomes gets rid of the win at all costs philosphy. NO stunty team is as well equipped for ttm play as gnomes. I even ttm my slayers =). That's the point of stunty for me - not to win, not to bolster your ego by winning most, but by not giving a damn and doing the weird & stupid plays.

As with so much in life it is an attitude thing. If you want it to be fun to play against, and with such a team, damn well, make it fun.

-Mnemon
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

"Av8 is not that much harder to beat then av7 - especially with high strength claw/rsc/mb players around. "WTF is that comment no other team have av 8 players so your telling me that those teams can just go suffer...ohh please......

2ndly we play the game to 1 have fun and to win thats why we count the TD's other wise why would be play???....yer some play to get cas'es but ultimitly its to win, gnomes have ma 4.. well then give them more MA instead of more AV...

the AV 8 across the board is too strong, hell the deardevils getting G\S acsess is huge as well Block is a killer skill in stunty...

and as for the must feild 11 and the fack that gnomes can have a total of 7 secret weapons on there roster at any one time ISNT other teams problem heres a hot tip for coatches DONT HAVE SO MANY SECRET WEAPONS ON YOUR ROSTER try more gnomes....

1 last point but its not really stuntys fault but it is powerful in stunty is BOMB, now my main beef with it is it dosnt hurt players that are prone... only players that are upright. so madbomma thows the bomb blows up a front line, then all his gnomes get up and walk away for free.... its a nice little tactic...
Glomp

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh stop moaning!

The gnomes still suck!

A few good chainsaw hits or big guy whacks and they'll splatter all over the field like any other stunty.
Add into that their cost, crippling movement and dodgy weapons.

Its good that the little beggars finally had a boost.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

if they should prove too strong however, maybe increasing the cost of the basic gnome to 40k could be an idea.

they have 2 points of av and thick skull on the basic halfer and only lacks 1 point of movement. I think they are more on pair with a basic goblin and should be priced based on that.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
A few good chainsaw hits or big guy whacks and they'll splatter all over the field like any other stunty.
Add into that their cost, crippling movement and dodgy weapons.

Its good that the little beggars finally had a boost.

WTF.

Av8 + thick skull + no stunty is just like any other stunty is it?

Basic gnomes are only 30k. That is dirt dirt cheap, giving the team a full roster easily.

Gnomes have the best TTM ability in stunty, plus full length passing with blunderbuss. True gnomes need a bit more movement. Armour isnt a compensation for that.

Dodgy secret weapons? Bombers are the best secret weapons IMO. No roll to start like chainsaws, can use passing skills to reroll and improve their accuracy, they don't even have the stunty trait like they should have.

Give all the str 2 players stunty then the team is more reasonable, or back to av7 and give them 0-2 ma6 runners or the like. Atm they are just mini dwarves with TTM.
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

AV 8 on Stunty players simply isn't fitting with the nature of the Stunty Leeg, IMO. That's more armor than many normal-sized (and higher ST) players, such as Skaven, Wood Elf, Amazon, and Norse. What about making the basic players 5 2 3 7 instead?

I'd like to see the Bombers gain Stunty and lose Dodge. How can they dodge when they're carrying around all of those bombs, and how are they different from their Stunty counterparts, such that they are not Stunty?

What was the original rationale for reducing the Orc Slayers from 4 to 2? I don't think it would be overpowered to have 3 or 4 of those, particularly given the other weaknesses of the team (i.e., secret weapons getting tossed, lower MV).

~hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Slayers were reduced to 2 when Bombers were upped to 4. Supposedly, this rested on the (false) assumption that a Bomber and a Slayer are about equal in power.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Atm they are just mini dwarves with TTM.

ain't that the point ?

Jump to: