18 coaches online • Server time: 05:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Longshanks

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What a hard-hearted lot most of you are! All made cynical by the constant loss of your cherished star players no doubt Smile

Based on the majority view I think I might stop the sorry and change to the Jazz philosophy(TM) so as not to offend the folks who think an apology is hypocrisy and still keep in with the few(?) who think it's good form.

I'm soooo anxious to fit in Wink
Direwolf

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. Longshanks RULEZ!!!! Laughing
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people believe that an apology is polite and others believe that it is hypocricy. Others don't care. Go figure

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

On the first cas I inflict (even if its on the first block on the first turn: "ffs about time!"

Other Cas's: "woot!", "yarrr", "2" (everytime you score one you type the number you have done, gets real annoying around 4), "ha ha!", "you deserved it", "don't waste your apo!"

On kills: "I need to clean my shorts", "That was almost sexual!", "Wooooooooooooo!"

Ususally when someone cas's my guys I say "nice poke!" or "yarrrrr!" or "down goes frasier!"

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i never apologise.my oponents know im tryin to kill em and usualy they are tryin to do the same to me. i laugh when your players die, i laugh when mine die. i dont realy like it when people apologise but it dont bother me if it makes em feel better. the only apology i ever give is "damn a bh.....i was trying to kill him"

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. I can sort a question for you then: are you happer when you badly hurt some player or when you kill some player? or is just the same for you?

Cool
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually cover myself with ' ouch heavy dice' which implies im being sympathetic but not apologising. Be sorry for them but not sorry that you did it. And any one being offended one way or the other really needs to get a life. Theres no excuse for getting in some ones face about it, unless as AFK Eagle says the guy is playing like an ass hole in some way.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

KILL KILL KILL.

Dont apologise, I like it when your players die. I might say sorry if it was a legend or something, but I wont mean it, just patronising you because it was a good player Wink

Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Direwolf wrote:
Well.. I can sort a question for you then: are you happer when you badly hurt some player or when you kill some player? or is just the same for you?

Cool

BH doesn't get apothed. And if it does, start fouling.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2688&highlight=

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

although the blood stain is nice from a perm rip, when hitting a good player would rather a bh as very few ppl apo a bh which means he stays out for the rest of the game but i suppose if it dies and that damn apo works even more chance to hurt them again.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
Direwolf wrote:

Cool

BH doesn't get apothed. And if it does, start fouling.

agrees with that.

Well except maybe in tournament where you could face the nasty player again.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

does it really matter anywhere else than in game mechanics? No. It doesn't satisfy me more if I kill or Bh some player on the pitch. It's just chess with different rules Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2005 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

ill usually go the wincing "ouch" in sympathy type thing, because i understand the pain, having sufered it myself. no point saying sorry though i figure because its not really up to you when i thappens

Jump to: