44 coaches online • Server time: 11:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

nice job X, you completely boned robo!
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2013 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Not cursed, but without any kind of realistic chance to beat Pitt unless the dice go very weird.

Am I the lowest TV team in the playoffs?

Yep, I am, though I'm missing ~200k on my blocker, but even that doesn't get me past anyone I think.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

licker

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2013 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the 'realistic' chance I had required Nico to fail 6 consecutive pickups.

NA managed to steal the 1st half 1-0.

Attrition was pretty bad for NA though, and in the 2nd half NA returned the favor with a few failed pickups/handoff in the back, and Pit was able to eventually equalize 1-1.

NA received again with 4 turns to try and win, but down 2 players. Picked the ball up, and was able to move and screen towards the center about 4 paces back from the half line. Pit put some pressure on the ball, but the Mino went mega retard, and allowed for NA to move into scoring range, even making several 3+ dodges and a gfi or two, but a 1d skull/skull when all that was wanted was a push left Pit in shape to set up a 2d, and they did.

Some shenanigans later saw Pitt snake the gfi to win in regulation, but OT wasn't that promising for NA either, still down in men. They won the toss, and once again, were able to move the ball into scoring range, but Htharck snaked a gfi of his own before NA could set up the screen, and Pitt had the extra bodies to claim the ball and score the winner.

In the process NA lost 2 players and Tom who is already slow, took a niggle. The status of the team is somewhat in flux at this point as keeping Tom around just delays the inevitable for him, but needing to replace both Bulls and 4 blockers, and not having anything beyond generic fodder hobbers doesn't leave them with much to compete with next season.

Rebuilding in the AFCE is damn near impossible as well, at least for CD, who struggle to give extra TDs to their plethora of AG2 players. The team might have to petition the league for a supplemental draft pick just to break 1600TV for next season.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2013 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL News
It didn't pay to be #2 this season, as both #2 seeds were ousted as soon as the bye round was over.
4/8 matches went to OT already in these playoffs

*may have to wait until pic is approved
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work ryan! NBFL superbowl bracket is always great fun to see - even when I'm not biased. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

This must be fantasy football if Clevelans's making it's way through the playoffs
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

HOT DAMN!!! This is a crazy exciting Conference Championship shaping up. In the NFC we have the defending champion Happygrue against former TWO TIME Champion coach, Relezite. And the AFC has the returning AFC Champion Duder vs the up and coming Tzij, who's fresh off toppling the #1 seed in the AFC.

FABULOUS!! Gentlemen: be sure to announce when the next set of games will happen. Inquiring spectators will want to know! But well done to you all!! And know that as great as you all have done up to this point, when all is said and done... three of you will be losers. Losers just like licker.

(FYI... none of you can be losers like me because none of you have lost to the same team three times in one season)
Wink
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I have have done it...twice (relezite's old KC team and robo's Denver team)

Don't drop the soap.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2013 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... I meant THOSE four Wink I knew you were "special" just like me, Conner...
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2013 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, GB falls in a crazy confluence of events in a wild, wild game. I confess I was completely surprised by how that turned out. Good luck to a beat up Philly in the SB! I'd suggest reworking that bash game - even with the snow troll those silly frogs were able to push you around pretty well in the first half. Without him I think you're going to have get creative!

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2013 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If he has enough inducements he could go with Snowpelt or whatever his name is.

Might be a consideration if he's facing Houston.

*Icepelt
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2013 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Season XII Mock Draft, Top 5, round 1.

T. "Anton Ego" Bullitt
Blitzer, Texas Tech
Guard, MB, Tackle, +AG, PO, 78
Excellent skillset, perfect for a centerpiece Blitzer. Pretty much every single coach with Block Blitzers has to consider Bullitt until someone finally, uh, pulls the trigger. Anyone who doesn't will be sorry. Iron-Fist is a smart coach and doesn't want to be sorry.
Mock: #1 overall, Dorfinapolis (Dwarf Blitzer).

Justin Clapp
Skilled, Hawaii
Wrestle, Dodge, SS, +MA, +MA, 93
Some teams don't need this guy, but on many squads he's a one-turner, which is too good for Lothern Bay or Doll-Ass to pass up. I see him as a bookend threat with Vest-On: take out the OTS guy and in comes… the other OTS guy!
Mock: #2 overall, Lothern Bay (High Elf Catcher).

Craig Krenzel
Skilled, Ohio
+ST, +AG, SH, SB, 59
Sure Hands and Strip Ball aren't for everybody, but most teams should jump at the chance to draft a Vampire.
Mock: #3 overall, Dallas (Wood Elf Catcher).

Peter "The Wall" Young
Strength, Fresno
Block, Dodge, SH, +ST, 71
LOL BOB with Sure Hands! That's okay, he Blodges, is ST5, and is close to Guard or Break Tackle.
Mock: #4 overall, Ban Fran (Orc Blocker).

Dan "The Man" Ryan
Strength, U.Con.
Block, MB, Dodge, 45
This player was excellent in college as a Flesh Golem, and will continue to succeed as a BOB, needing just 3 Cas to get Guard.
Mock: #5 overall, Tennessee (Orc Blocker).

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %10, %2013 - %01:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2013 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't Lothern already have a one turner? Redundancy is nice, but then again, when you lack diversification you may want to do that first. Still passing him to Dallas is dangerous.

I also cannot see Ryan going 4th, he doesn't offer anything special to orcs, same for Tuck, I'm drafting a +ST BoB with no skills before either of them I would think. Aren't there some more +ST players on the board?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2013 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, edited for Young, silly oversight. There's more +ST, but it's all line players (Tuiasosopo and Doctor), and picks 4 and 5 have positional needs. Also note that there is no final, official draft board: this is but a teaser, and the numbers I'm running on could be all garbage. I probably also should have got permission before running this publicly… apologies if there's some kind of embargo.

As far as +ST, there's a ton of it. There two "natural Vampires", albeit lackluster ones, plus Young (who would be best as a Vamp, but if he becomes a BOB, that's just life) and Doctor. I could see Doctor as a "fifth BOB" for Tennessee or Ban Fran, but that's a bit of a stretch. I think it's not crazy to think the +ST feeding frenzy might really kick in among the expansion teams rather than among the ones rebuilding their broken cores.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %10, %2013 - %01:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: