32 coaches online • Server time: 00:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will the FUMBBL Cup be one by a WIL member? If so who?
pac (WIL Grandad)
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Purplegoo (stats geek)
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
PeteW (nOOb)
20%
 20%  [ 34 ]
Gritter (psychopathic murderer)
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
spubbbba (Scottish Squirrel Impersonater)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Russo (King of the Sheep)
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Robbo44 (Vampire kid)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
PandaPower (Chess Uber-nerd)
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
phil78 (Scotch King of the Ghoul-killers)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WIL wont win cos they suck!
35%
 35%  [ 59 ]
Cake
17%
 17%  [ 29 ]
JockMcRowdy (Almond Pastry Muncher)
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 168

Russo

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree Purps!

a) The Russia game was not that bad a result as they are a good side.
b) Sera is a self-publicist Razz
c) PeteW and Rij's Orcs are the best looking of the bunch

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

How many of the WIL teams won't make it if the cut is TR170-180?... mine is close to not getting in! Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo, you say I try too hard. Razz

A) You're easy to reel in and go off on one. Razz
B) Your personal stash of pics really worries me. :S

For the record, Hobo dropped out in like week two, we haven't looked back since. Smile

Purp, I only caught the send half due to work, but England's defence was rubbish. Gerrard's miss was unfortunately typical of late.

EDIT::: Week three, I checked.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Pirog

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad Chewie isn't included in the poll. I would have given him an encouragement vote for trying to win the Fumbbl Cup with a retired team.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
Russo, you say I try too hard. Razz

A) You're easy to reel in and go off on one. Razz
B) Your personal stash of pics really worries me. :S

For the record, Hobo dropped out in like week two, we haven't looked back since. Smile

Purp, I only caught the send half due to work, but England's defence was rubbish. Gerrard's miss was unfortunately typical of late.

On the contrary, I thought the defence was heroic... it's just we always make a real hash of finishing the opposition off... 1-0 is always a come back chance.

3 things wrong with England...
1) Choosing players that are out of form because they are the "regular" player, have international experience etc... eg Paul Robinson. I believe in picking players on form... Any of the English Premiership regulars should have a go based on form!

2) The tactics aren't quick to change... Everything is really obvious... Everyone knows the formation, the team and the tactics before the players do!... Keeping 442 into the 2nd half after seeing England getting battered was not wise... should have gone 451, smothered the midfield and hit them on the break. Two strikers when you are defending like crazy is madness. McClaren finally makes a good choice here and there with Barry instead of Lardpard, and makes the right choices when faced with injuries (eg Lescott and Campbell, and WrightPhillips instead of Beckham), but now puts his job and England in jeopardy due to some slow tactics. Changing to 343 late in the game when 1-2 down is too late!

3) Not playing the right players in the right place... I like Joe Cole, don't get me wrong... but I would want a left footed player there... but keep Barry where he is. Downing - hmmm not so sure, but some one bright and pacey who can put crosses in - Ashley Young (no Watford bias at all!).
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Urm...

I think I come under Purp's:
"lager swilling idiot football fans" label.

I still say the defence sucked. Razz

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Russo

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy your almost as blatant as Seraphim is for blatant advertising your Hornets and his OBBA do not belong in this thread....in fact neither of you sub-standard coaches belong in WIL Laughing

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
Chewie

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:
(Russo goes even further off topic than Purp) Chewie lives in chat all day

I live in my house. Its not called chat. Its called "Izzyin".

Cos Sera sent me a PM linking to this thread (and Purp's posts in particular), i feel that, as OBBA/WIL footie supremo, i should comment. My comment goes thusly:

Yes, we are happy when a bunch of no-hopers, has-beens and Johnny get to a world cup final, cos it means that they have overachieved.
We are unhappy when a collection of some of the finest players in the world struggle to qualify for a EUROPEAN championship (when we are ranked the 4th best in Europe - its not like it is Brazil knocking us out), cos it means that they have underachieved.

And cos they play like poo. Razz

On topic - my elves, predictably, got mashed in the warmup games and retired. My picks remain the same, even if Purp likes games played with queer shaped balls. Very Happy
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

*Edited due to sanity check.

Wink

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

cant seem to catch a break with nuffle in my team building, losing roughly a player a game, im supposed to fail spectacularly at the finals not before I get there, seems I'm definitely Scottish not English. Although England are trying to copy us and fail right at the end of qualification.

C'mon Israel, C'mon Ukraine.

Much as its nice to see England lose footy matches I always like to see them lose AT the finals. No home nations at the finals is going to suck.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Robbo44

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
How many of the WIL teams won't make it if the cut is TR170-180?... mine is close to not getting in! Sad

I'm not looking too rosy at the mo either, the last updat was 177 which my entry is exactly on, will have to get a game or 2 in before the cut-off.
Also I can't believe someone voted for me. Either mis-click or fellow vampire coach.
Russo

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Robbo44 wrote:

Also I can't believe someone voted for me. Either mis-click or fellow vampire coach.

Well who ever it was we get them hung drawn and quartered, or if they are especially dangerous and deviant-like we will make them hang around at Sera's house Wink

BiggieB is my idol
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:
Robbo44 wrote:

Well who ever it was we get them hung drawn and quartered, or if they are especially dangerous and deviant-like we will make them hang around at Sera's house Wink

I suspect Russo's constant 'Sera-bashing' is like the boy at school who fancies the girl, and shows it by pulling her hair all the time... Very Happy

Russo and Sera sitting in a tree... K. I. S. S. I. N. G... Razz Laughing
Russo

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Wotfud, I would struggle to get a kiss in edgeways cos all I see when I look at Sera's face is the back of your balding head...Razz

BiggieB is my idol
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2007 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Team retired, hissy fit mode activated, another niggle, another death, got fed up.

I thought a run in the cup would let me find the entertainment in the game again but alas in the build up all I did was get very frustrated, so I'll keep playing my league matches, but otherwise I'm on a break.

Good luck rest of WIL.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
 Jump to: