42 coaches online • Server time: 11:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2010 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know?

That before the GLT, Fumbbl had a tournament that allowed you to purchase goblin stars insead of the current format that one is randomly assigned? This caused all kindas of problems because teams would throw huge amounts of gold at then Goblin star Hortus Head Cleaver. Hortus had discovered a chainsaw from an ancient temple of blood bowl. It was a legendary relic of Blood Bowl of the past. It was called a dewalt 9000 turbo. It was double chained, had razor sharp cleats, could rev up to 6000 RPM and had a bayoneet attachement. It was the envy of all goblin kind.

Well during the first and only tournament with a bid system for goblins Hortus was purchased by 8 of the 16 teams that made the main draw. He played 8 games in 6 days. Recording 17 Kills, 28 SI's and 87 Fan Casulties. He was trully a legend with a legendary relic.

BUT in the last match against the Black Crag scramblers he made the #1 mistake a goblin can make. He turned his back on a sneaky git goblin. His name was Nobla, and Nobla was very jealous of that chain saw. For he had a rental chainsaw that was standard issue junk handed out before the match. It was rusty, missing half of its chain cleats, was unreliable and did not look good and Nobla wants his chain saw to look good and fast and red.

Well Hortus was celebrating his teams victory on turn 15 and turned his back on the dug out that had Nobla in it. Well Nobla took his chance. A Goblins life is short and this was his moment to take that big life and death chance. He charged out of the dug out. The ref immediatly saw that illegal man on the field and blew his whistle for a foul. But it was to late. Nobla rolled a 6 to start his chain saw, for his chain saw was so pitiful it required a 6 to start. He charged Hortus from the rear and rolled a 12 on armor break and then rolled a 12 on injury. Note: this was in the dark days of blood bowl when a 12+ on injury was DEATH. Hortus was laid out dead on the pitch. Nobla immediatly claimed his prize and ran like a cornered gutter runner. He ran so fast he was a blurr.

So now you know why the GLT does random draws of the goblin stars. To prevent another episode of a chainsaw wielding looney appearing in every match. Also now we know why Noblas chain saw is so effective and deadly. It is a legendary relic of Blood Bowl past. Some say as long as Nobla carries the Chainsaw he cannot be killed inless it is by a sneaky git who will steal it.

And as a side note. Hortus is partially responsable for the high priest of Blood Bowl to implore Nuffle to change the rules of stackable modifiers for armor breaks and injury. Nuffle heard the pleas of dismay and thus LRB4 was born.

It was rumored that in the dark caves of Cyanide a simple minded developer chimed in that their new brand of Blood Bowl should go back to the days of LRB3 and get the death toll rolling. All that was heard was silence as the specter of Hortus filled the cave and wisked away to the dark citadel on the mountain. Needless to say the harken back to lrb 3 days was shelved. Because of Hortus and his Dewalt 9000 Turbo, stackable armor break and injury Chain saw.

Last edited by PainState on %b %22, %2010 - %06:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2010 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Nobbla!

Nice prediction, Rata Blanca wins 3:2 (prediction 4:2) in a match where Even Laster Chance Brigade never had the dice to get into the game, suffering a Badly Hurt from a rock in turn 0 and a turnover in turn 2, plus a useless wizz and a MA 10 catcher sleeping in the KO box to deny a 1turner in half 1- so it was 2-1 for Rata Blanca at halftime and receiving, which meant that the rats chose to bore the fans with a 8 turn stall for the 3-1, and the Brigade running in a 1turner at the end of the match.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2010 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ekiss and I plan to play our semi final tomorrow. If his work allows, we'll start at 18:00, so we don't interfere with the FIFA schedule. Wink Otherwise we'll meet at 21:00 and miss the games of Argentina's group.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2010 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict a 2-1 overtime victory by ekiss' bizarrely competent crew of beat-to-hell humans. I have no idea how, but I watched his earlier games and couldn't explain those either.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2010 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

what maysrill said Very Happy

edit: good work ekiss and rawlf: fifa + fumbbl > work
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
I predict a 2-1 overtime victory by ekiss' bizarrely competent crew of beat-to-hell humans. I have no idea how, but I watched his earlier games and couldn't explain those either.

Milford fully supports insane predictions that have no basis in reality.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2010 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the Semi Finals of the GLT **

Well we are down to the final 4 and it should be interesting to see how this plays out. 2 Wood Elves, and a beat down human team and the ratz from skavenblight.

Well I allready have the botom bracket picked for the wanderers so lets get that upper bracket broken down.

ImageTerrible Dancers
VS
ImageRata Blanca

Well the dancers are just moving along doing the tango and taking out everyone in there way. Rata Blanca will be a tough one though. Only two tackers and a opponeet who can match them score for score. Also they are looking ahead and see the wanderers are the heavy favorite in the lower bracket and carry a huge war chest of money. Can they afford to spend some cash this game to win? or do they hold tight and try to get by? If they can hold tight and get by then they can atleast cancel deeproot or Jordell but not both next game. But if they dont spend the cash for the wizard this match it is a toss up match. A lot to think about at the end of the tourney...we will have to wait and see how it plays out. On the pitch they have the talent to win the match. But they do have holes in the line up that the skaven can exploit. If they go the scoring route that plays into the skaven hands. But they dont exactly feel confident in the stand up fight route. Can they find the middle ground to get this vital win?

Rata is rolling and the turmoil in the dancers camp is going to work to their advantage. Whille the Woodies are all worried about the future finals match and what to do Rata can just focus on winning this dang match and moving on and take thier chances. They bring Hakflem to the match once again to up their scoring fire power and prove they can stand their ground in a stand up fight. Getting two handicaps will also help out. Rata just needs to play there game and let the woodies worry about the big pitcture stuff.

I think the "fat lady" is singing the last dance for the Dancers in this match. They are so confused on what to do with their cash, looking ahead to the final, and the on the pitch miss match in key areas. This match is going to be a great one to spectate. I just want to see how this thing plays out.

Going with the upset special in this one.

Rata Blanca 3-1 over the Terrible Dancers. The dancers are so discombobulated that they dont which way is up and the Rata crew takes full advantage.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2010 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford for the GLT **

Well Fumbbl fans the Rata Blanca VS Terrible Dancers has some news. The Dancers have responded to the moves of Rata by buying a wizard to counter the Grey Seer of Rata and Hakflem.

So the Dancers have blown their cash to give them every chance this match and worry about the potential finals match down the road.

Either way this one goes both teams will face a healthy and cash heavy team in the wanderers.

So who ever wins this match better hope for some serious cash and a "clean" match when it comes to the CAS.

So get ready for a really good match this weekend and get ready for an intersting show down in the finals.

Last edited by PainState on %b %23, %2010 - %22:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2010 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Manp and me will kick off tomorrow (Thursday) at 22:30. May the better rat win Very Happy !

Rumours in Goblin City also say that a Rata Blanca representative has been inside the "Burning Tentacle Inn", local hangout of the Positional Purity Movement. An official spokesrat said: "We are honest Skaven and would never work with fanatic movements like the Positional Purity. Ofcourse, an AG 6 Wardancer IS a kind of abomination - everybody has to see for himself what to do about it, including the Positional Purity Movement. We often donate to all different kinds of charities, so nothing wrong with that."

Slowbrain Pinkbark, spokestree of the Fairy Races Interested in Fair Actions in Blood Bowl (FIFA-BB), was going to express his concern regarding illegal actions from the rat´s side. He said: "Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............". The interview will be continued before the FUMBBL CUP 2013, when Slowbrain has had enough time to find the right word to open his statement...
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the GLT finals **

Well Fumbbl fans Rata Blanca just blows up the terrible dancers in a awesome display of scoring might. They just take it to the dancers and they have no answer.

Not only did they get the big win, they got the cash and no injuries. So they go back to the well and bring back Hackflem and get their trusty wizard for the big show down in the finals of the GLT.

Last edited by PainState on %b %25, %2010 - %09:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords Editorial of the day **

Coach Manp was sitting on top of the Fumbbl world as the #1 CR coach. Well after that horrible display of Blood Bowl prowess his ranking has slipped to #2. A fitting circumstance given the poor showing in that last match.

And I dont want to hear any blather about poor dice, Nuffle hates me and just plain luck. For if that is the excuse then did Manp just luck out to get to the #1 spot on the CR charts?

Well based on what my eyes just saw....Hell YES!!! those dancers are a typical Wood Elf team. A lot of flash, can win some games BUT when the chips are down and the pressure is on. Well they fold faster than coach Malmir's Dark Elf team, These guys will blow it every time when the pressure is on...which is saying something.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well yeah..i played a horrible match. Sorry for the poor show specs Razz
I tend to let my nerves get the best of me in these kind of matches. and keeping a cool head is essential to playing a good match. Which just goes to show that the better coach won this game. Reisender kept his head cool. took some calculated risks and they payed off. As for the number one CR spot. who gives a rats ass. yeah it was a fun altho a bit empty achievement that i was all of a sudden having that high a CR but believe you me me i got no illusions of grandeur from this. many a better coach than me roam this site.

Anyway. thx for the nice display of rat power Reisender and gl in the Finals. and to quote you: "May the better rat win" i hope so.

-manp
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Painstate. You are the man.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2010 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="PainState Well they fold faster than coach Malmir's Dark Elf team, These guys will blow it every time when the pressure is on...which is saying something.[/quote]

Ow. Very Happy For the Lustrian its all about the orcs. And about me remembering how to play. And yes you are still 'The Man' Milford.
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2010 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict that we will be informed of the time for the GLT Final well before it occurs...