33 coaches online • Server time: 10:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Legion of Ogrimmar decimated Shrieking Bloodstorm in their first match - and I didn't even get to see the vaunted Dark Elf! Apparently the tournament organizers are behind on their paperwork that details that elves are in fact part of the horde. I do think he'll get at least 3 more games in before he gets to use his elf.
Azure

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Gritter wrote:
Well last seasons champions the H0rnswogglers are back to defend their title- sadly their coach is very badly out of practice with bloodbowl in general and FFB especially heh

Fortunate that they got a cakewalk for their first round game!
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My slanns didnt plan to go so far, but applying to the wrong group made their major attempt even shorter Very Happy
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

RedDevilCG wrote:
Will Goblin teams be allowed to participate considering they don't have all their skills implemented yet?

Well, try to apply and see what happens. (the tourney started a few hours before your post

As a serious answer: yes, Goblins are considered to be 'per the rules of fumbbl' until they are completed. This means you can use the S7 fanatic without ball and chain, but you can't use the bomber. The same does not hold for the vampire bugs.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Agility Monsters (TV 2000k) will play against chaos pact team ChemeP (TV 1830k) tonight, starting at about 22:00 bbtime - feel free to swing by!

Anyone wants to predict the Monsters' first (and possibly last) LC qualifier match?

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
My slanns didnt plan to go so far, but applying to the wrong group made their major attempt even shorter Very Happy

Applied to the main event?
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if there are fillers i would correct such errors as long as there is space free in a qualifier.
I got scheduled for a mirror match. Undead v.s. Undead. My oponent is more developed all over the team and has very agile ghouls. I have more strength and will get 200k inducements.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Agility Monsters (TV 2000k) will play against chaos pact team ChemeP (TV 1830k) tonight, starting at about 22:00 bbtime - feel free to swing by!

Anyone wants to predict the Monsters' first (and possibly last) LC qualifier match?

I'll kick things off by taking a crack at predicting the Q2 qualifier for Rabe.

------------------------------

Boris Vallejos Ogres (TV2900 Ogres) vs. Hawkheim Harlequin Hammers (TV2410 Pact)

The Ogres are old school, with 12 ogres on the roster, and are clearly the stronger team. Unfortunately they're also giving up TV490 in inducements. Every option for the Hammers should include a wizard, and I just don't see the ogres pulling off a long series of competence to protect the ball against a wizard and an AG5 dark elf.

Hammers 2-1 in regulation, but taking a beating.

------------

Teramo's villages (TV2580 Ogres) vs. Agile Bones (TV2100 Khemri)

Another ogre team, the Villages, come in giving up TV480, and almost certain to be facing a wizard. With only one Block ogre, rerolls are sure to be at a premium.

Agile Bones is a very atypical khemri side, with just 1 Tomb Guardian (with Divine Catch, no less!) and no DPs. Their legendary AG4 thro-ra is going to have his work cut out keeping the ball safe.

The way I see it, the Villages are just too much bash for so little AV and ST to handle on the part of Agile Bones.

Villages 2-1 in OT, against a handful of skeletons who've regenerated earlier in the match.

------------

ChemeP (TV1830 Pact) vs. Agility Monsters (TV2000 Dwelves)

An interesting match. A big-guyed-up pact team in ChemeP and another well-known basher-built-to-ball in the Monsters.

ChemeP brings a lot of rookies and no Claws to the battle, and the Monsters have a lot of nice players but also a fair number of not-so-insignificant injuries. Neither side is loaded to dish out pain, but will the few fragile dwelves cost them the numbers game?

ChemeP will likely bring a wizard and try to steal the ball with either their renegade or their two-headed, four-armed goblin, but I don't see it being enough. AV9 elves will have the muscle to stay on the pitch and use the ball skills they so covet to their full advantage.

Agility Monsters 1-0. Ramnah controls the game for the winners.

------------

Elven metalheads (TV1760 High Elves) vs. Chaos Waste Crushers (TV2580 Chaos)

An underdeveloped Metalheads team brings some promising elves and TV820 in inducements against the Crushers, who appear to be ready for the apocalypse, even if they have to cause it themselves.

The Metalheads key advantage is an epic shopping spree in the pregame. They ought to be packing a wizard, some babe/apo help, and a couple stars by the time this one gets under way. Their own players are certainly no match in this one.

The Crushers are a sick bunch, loaded up with Tackle/Claw/MB, 3x +ST chaos warriors, and 2 ST5 Tentacles players. They are designed to annihilate elves (and probably anyone else, too).

3-1 Crushers. The Metalheads' shopping spree gives them the horsepower to punch in a quick TD, but the Crushers clear the pitch midway into the second half. They hurry and score twice in the second half for the spp, not worrying about playing loose and getting taken to OT (OT would be little risk against 2-3 elves).

------------

Round 2
Hawkheim Harlequin Hammers over Teramo's villages

A beat-up Hammers squad takes inducement money to scrape out a close win over the Villages.

Chaos Waste Crushers over Agility Monsters

The Crushers roll in this one. Whereas ChemeP lacked the firepower to take the Monsters off the pitch, the Crushers have it in spades, and do so. I somehow see a couple new perms added to the old guard for the Monsters, and perhaps the loss of one of their stalwarts.

------------

Finals
Chaos Waste Crushers over Hawkheim Harlequin Hammers

Two ogre teams were enough of a test for the hammers. Despite being given a fair amount of inducement cash, the Hammers just can't take the continued beating, and the Crushers roll into the main event.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much! Rabe bows to Maysrill.

I hope you're right about round 1 (in my case, not so for the Agile Bones!) but wrong about round two... I want to face the Monsters' khemrian counterpart or at least some ogres to fool around with in the final! Very Happy
Rabe prefers to ignore the Chaos Waste Crushers, a team too unreal to exist (and beat the Agility Monsters).

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the LC **

Well the brackets are set and it looks like it is going to be a great qualifier. Allmost all the brackets seem "even" and I cant seem to find a bracket of death in the 16. There are some really nice first round match ups and a few lopsided affairs but overall I anticipate a very competitive qualifing period.

I have to say Iam very pleased with my first round match up..The Blood Sea Buccaneers VS Rotten Flesh is our Ectasy...I like playing the old teams and you cant get much older than this match up...1815 games played between the two teams. It should be a great match up, Iam looking forward to it.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on guys! Matches are starting to get played. Pick a qual and toss your hat into the ring to predict the winners.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll do Qualifier 1

Round 1
Image Zapadores Anonimos (TV 2140k)
Coached by anisdrin

Vs

Image Morkus Majers (TV 2260k)
Coached by ekiss

A pair of top quality coaches here.
The Orcs come in bigger, and uglier, but the dwarves don't recieve enough inducements to enable them to take anything majorly game changing.

Morkus have a solid strength advantage and a classic build relying on the full corp of blitzers and Black Orcs. Their star blitzers should carry them through this fixture, although an early casualty could swing the game the other way.
The block troll should provide the orcs with a solid anchor around which their black orcs and blitzers can build the drive.

Zapadores Anonimos, on the other hand while an equally classic build, will need to force the issue of their slight guard advantage, to enable any kind of blocking game to run in their favour.
They will probably end up looking for a desperate play to pull off the win, if they don't get a few cas towards the start of the game.

Morkus Majers win 2-0.

Image Colourful Characters (TV 2290k)
Coached by Malmir

Vs

Image MossSkin Flayers (TV 2070k)
Coached by Haxtor

Another pair of quality coaches here.

The Flayers need to come with a solid game plan, and a plan for the inducement money, because 240k doesn't buy a lot these days, do you go for the wizard, and trust you won't get turned over, or do you go for Ugroth and a bribe, and attack the CD's limited number of ball carriers? (though they have plenty of fodder). Or do you do something I haven't thought of, and surprise everyone?
These Flayers have an unsuprising build for orcs at this level, plenty of guard, plenty of MB, smattering of tackle, perhaps the only surprise is the choice of using a thrower. The ST5 Black Orc is always nice, though he's matched (and outmatched) by the lead Bull Centaur.

The Characters, are bigger, uglier and packing the ClawMbPo's, a couple of solid hits from them, and the game could be effectively over. On the other hand, bar unskilled Hobgoblins, they have only 2 really viable ball carriers, though I guess the both Bull centaurs can make decent cases in an emergency (or as a central game plan), with blodge on one, and ST5 on the other.

A small scare threatens the Characters, as the Flayers manage a TTM score, but they're ground out of the game by judicious use of the ClawBombs as the Colourful Characters win 2-1 in regulation time

Image Rooked Again (TV 1920k)
Coached by Tymless

Vs

Image Irrational Khemrical Imbalance (TV 1990k)
Coached by Ro

A pair of legendary teams and coaches facing off here.

Rooked Again come in with one 'classic' mummy, a Blodge Guard monolith in the modern game, that has also learned to Grab his opponents, along with a Corp of solid 3/4 skill ghouls, the stand out member of whom is a Blodge Sure Hands AG5 monster who will threaten every dropped ball that Irrational suffer.

Irrational on the other hand, will be dependent upon holding the centre of the field, and relying on legendary blitzer Spoony 'The Pope' Bard to prevent a break away down one flank. SkoloSkelli, M' ahka viti and wooti will also need to have busy games if irrational are to avoid their (seemingly) traditional first round exit.

Irrational win 2-1 in Overtime, with a Spoony OTS on the 2nd attempt

Image Bad Guy Inc (TV 2030k)
Coached by easilyamused

Vs

Image Finstercoven Bears (TV 2160)
Coached by soranos

Bad Guy Inc come in with a solid base of probably (say it quietly) grandfathered, ex-mummy Tomb Guardians, plenty of supporting skellies, nice and evenly skilled, and all the rest of the positionals developed a bit.

Finstercoven Bears come in loads of guard, and some stand out positionals, most notably, their AG 5 blitzer, and the ST4 AG4 runner, neither of whom I could really see Bad Guy Inc having an answer to on their own, together, they surely look like an unstoppable force.

Finstercoven Bears win 3-0 as their runners and blitzers combine to take Bad Guy Inc apart as clinically as Superman (or any other hero you care to name)

Round 2

Morkus Majers vs Colourful Characters

Morkus make a fight of it, but, despite their quality, can't hold off one of the best.
Colourful Characters win 2-1

Irrational Khemrical Imbalance vs Finstercoven Bears

Irrational are no match for Finstercoven, and lose comprehensively, 3-0 again for Finstercoven

Round 3

Colourful Characters vs Finstercoven Bears

Finstercoven have had by far the easier route to the final, and they slip up here, as the Colorful Characters beat them in a tight game, winning 2-0

Summary

With 5 coaches in the top 140 (at the time of writing) and only 1 below CR 158, this looks to be a very brutal group, where one small mistake could decide the overall outcome.

And now, a word from our sponsors:
Roll up, Roll up. Buy your copy of the GLN HERE

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
ChemeP (TV1830 Pact) vs. Agility Monsters (TV2000 Dwelves)

An interesting match. A big-guyed-up pact team in ChemeP and another well-known basher-built-to-ball in the Monsters.

ChemeP brings a lot of rookies and no Claws to the battle, and the Monsters have a lot of nice players but also a fair number of not-so-insignificant injuries. Neither side is loaded to dish out pain, but will the few fragile dwelves cost them the numbers game?

ChemeP will likely bring a wizard and try to steal the ball with either their renegade or their two-headed, four-armed goblin, but I don't see it being enough. AV9 elves will have the muscle to stay on the pitch and use the ball skills they so covet to their full advantage.

Agility Monsters 1-0. Ramnah controls the game for the winners.

Well said. Ramnah didn't control the game, but my little Brumbas managed to control the only real elf on the pitch very well. Our injuries did not do much harm, but we collected a new one on our very reliable and up to that game also very healthy blitzer Brom. Sad

We'll miss him in round 2... but on the bright side, he'll be back for the final against Agile Bones! Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the LC **

Lets take a look at the last two match ups of qualifier IV in the first round.

ImageVerde Rame
VS
ImageXFL Frogs

Verde comes into this match flexing their muscle and bring the Mighty Blow. These guys are fierce and your typical orc team. They will not fineese the win, they will bash you head into the pitch, send in a DP boot and parade your dead pixel carcass around the field for all the fans to cheer.

XFL Frogs come in fresh off their XFL championship. They are feeling good and on top of the frog world. The home town fans will be out in full force cheering on their favorite slann team. They have proven they have what it takes to win a tourney...they just better get that armor checked out before the match and hope it holds because a 600 lb green hulk is looking to rend them off some heads. They will be getting some nice inducement money in this match so I fully expect the wizard and some babes to show up for the big match.

This should be a great match..I can make the case for either team to pull this one out, it will all hinge on about 4 key plays.

Iam going with XFL Slann in this one..That wizard and probally the babes will make all the diffrence in this match. Inless the Verde are sending the slann to the CAS boxes the inducements will play big in this match.

XFL Slann win this 2-1 on a nice wizard spell that gets the key turnover of the match to secure the win.

ImageBearers of Decay
VS
ImageGreen Skin Titans

Oh my! the Decay crew brings to the match the gutter runners from the 4th plane of hell to this match. Those guys are not decaying they are mutating in size and strength and to boot they are FAST. Well the plan is simple, get those nasties up and running and run away with the win.

The Titans are more like hill giant in size but they do bring a Titan sized lust for carnage to the match. The problem is they dont really scare anyone, they lack the MB to inspire fear, their BoB unit is sub par and they have 2 tacklers.

Oh this one is going to get ugly FUMBBL fans. The Decay crew just comes out and runs and guns up and down the field and laps the titans about 3 times before the final whistle. The only chance the Titans have is if their inducement money can somehow slow down those gutters and they have to pray to Gork and Mork for some divine intervention on the CAS rolls.

Decay takes this one 4-1 in a not very contested match.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2011 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone wants to take a crack at Qualifier IX I would love to see it.
 Jump to: