51 coaches online • Server time: 21:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The magic spongess from Second Edtion healed any wound to any player...But of course we are forgeting that back in the day there was no injury chart...just one CAS roll was made. Thus if your CAS roll was a 12+ it was immediate DEATH!!!! The death rate in 2ED was horrific....which was awesome!!!!!

And then in 3rd rdition you got the apothacary but no injury chart...thus you had CL/RSC players running around that if they broke armor KILLED ON 10+ROLL.....And the CARNAGE WAS EVEN MORE GLORIOUS!!!!

of course the carnage was "nerfed" by some lame TT gamers who could not handle the carnage, they were cravens and pixel huggers and forced the change to the second CAS chart to determine the level of damage. Thus reducing the KILL shot to basically a 1 in 36 roll for non MB/RSC players. The death toll was reduced so dramatically that the Blood Bowl fans no longer showed up to matches. "Whats the point they asked? no Blood, only elf ballers." And now we come full circle again with CL/PO/MB and a gimp apoth. The fans love it! the blood is back in the sport. Ticket sales are spiking. Ranked majors are once again popluar and tickets to spec the Box TV2000+ bashers teams are at a all time high. But in the back of smoke filled rooms of Blood Bowl coaches all we hear are moans, groans, cry babies and cravens.

Very Happy

Last edited by PainState on %b %08, %2011 - %20:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
I would rather see a NEW Inducement added to the game.

Magic Sponge (boring this from a previous edition or expansion)
Magic Sponge automatically reduces the damage caused to a player 1 degree.
So it moves Killed to SI, SI to BH, BH to KO, KO to Stunned or something like that.
I'll look it up to see what the Old Rules on Magic Sponge actually were and get back to this thread.

That's still a special card isn't it? We just don't have special cards on FUMBBL...

idk... if it is then nevermind... get the Cards installed instead if possible.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2011 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Magic Sponge is a 200k special card, play after drive on 2+ heal a player and move him to reserves.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2012 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Underworlder wrote:
Pheraps you didn't understand me
I never said not being able to roll for apo. I said that the casuality table seems to be too deadly for someone and suggested (for those) a revised (tuned down) castualty table
Yeah, that wouldn't be hard. You could go back to the old pre-LRB5 rule with a d66 SI subtable. That would make the "step down one grade" Apoth idea viable: with the d68 table as is, going from dead to fired for statloss isn't much help, though it might occasionally save an AG1 guy or keep a statfreak around with a niggle.

You could be even nicer.
Casualty table: d86
(This IMO is even cooler for the fact that "86" is slang for "ejection for excessive drunkenness".)
d8: 1-4 BH, 5-7 SI, 8 Dead
d6 table for each adds fluff.

BH
1 sprained ankle; 2 dislocated shoulder; 3 broken finger; 4 broken fingernail; 5 bruised ribs; 6 bruised ego

SI
51 turf toe; 52 high ankle sprain; 53 strained back; 54 concussion; 55 groin strain; 56 gouged eye; 61 fractured arm; 62 fractured leg; 63 broken jaw.

Niggle
64 pinched nerve; 65 damaged back; 66 smashed knee.

Statloss
71-76 as 53-58 on LRB6 table.

You can even make a death table. That would be fun. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2012 - 18:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

what about just making the apo a better healer? give him a 3+ to bh and on a 6 keep the player on the field (they thought theyd broke their collar bone but they just needed sense smacked into them)
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2012 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see unused Apothecaries be able to be used POST-match. We could certainly say not on RIPs, but other injuries.. would allow a coach to hold the APO to prevent a RIP and if one doesn't happen you can still try to patch up an SI with him.
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2012 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to add:

Quote:
Personally I think the new (LRB 6.0) apo sucks big time. I realize that this is partly intended to increase the mortality in the game to balance the removed aging rules. I still think that it got nerfed a bit too strongly, especially compared to the Regeneration skill.

The other reason it got nerfed was to better reflect the 50K price tag.
(IMO, if you compare a 50K item to, say 200K worth of team-wide regen, then they shouldn't be equal).

Cheers
Martin
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2012 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

only nurgle or vampires have as low as 200k on regen; undead or necro or khemri have a minimum of 330, and closer to 400 or 450 usually in order to foul. Razz
Ottmar

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2012 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

But why isn't it possible to have more than just 1 Apo.

Having 4 Apos would raise tv comparible to regeneration and I think many Elf-baller would like to order permanently more than just 1 Apo.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2012 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
I dislike the lrb4 apo leaving the apoed player on the pitch, though ...

I love that part of it....So if I get the RIP Block, apoth, he is still on the pitch for my DP to have a kill shot at him with out Apoth back up.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2012 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yay, then you would have 4 chances to kill your own players......

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2012 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Kalimar wrote:
I dislike the lrb4 apo leaving the apoed player on the pitch, though ...

I love that part of it....So if I get the RIP Block, apoth, he is still on the pitch for my DP to have a kill shot at him with out Apoth back up.

yeah I always thought that should be optional, patch him up on the pitch or drag him to the dug out.

New apo is fine though imo, it has a nice tactical edge now, for KO and BH, but I cant agree it is the correct value for money when looking at Regen they are no longer balanced with each other like they were in lrb4.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2012 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

KISS.

Apo KO - as is (to stun)
Apo BH - as is (always)
Apo SI - 2+ to heal
Apo Kill - as is (reroll injury)

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2012 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
KISS.

Apo KO - as is (to stun)
Apo BH - as is (always)
Apo SI - 2+ to heal
Apo Kill - as is (reroll injury)

+ 1 million, this is exactly as it should be imo.
Ottmar

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2012 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

But in addition I would like to have the possibilety to own more than just 1 Apo

The last 3 times I used the Apo he didn't make it better -av than -MA, well what is the nice piece of sh...

Regeneration = every second si or kill returns to reserve in old shape wich is logically more expensive as you have it on all key Players, so every Key-Player has its own apo.

Last edited by Ottmar on %b %16, %2012 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: