19 coaches online • Server time: 01:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft Leaguegoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlizzBirne

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

bah, crap topic.

remember that ANY combination of dice rolls has a probability larger than zero. if the painful experience from e.g. fukushima taught us anything, then that even the smallest probability will come into effect, sooner or later. so luck IS a relevant factor for each and every single game. the effect of luck goes down over many games played ... and the constant "bad luck" attitude probably really equals more to "bad coach". i include me there.

complaining about the random generator seems like the last resort the complaints can get to. the flaws that even the most simplistic number generator has are of so small statistical relevance that in a game of blood bowl you could hardly realize the difference. never in a single game, and probably hardly visible analyzing 100 games in one go. i really don't fancy playing poker with you guys ...
Leilond

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone is unlucky! Me and my cousin are so unlucky that when we play one against another, we both lose!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

KFP i spec'd half of your elf v high elf game last night
i didn't notice the dice being unusual one way or another, though i wasn't giving the game full attention

i did notice some questionable moves though. don't take this the wrong way, they just seemed inexperienced.

i'm nowhere near a good coach, i'm average. i get frustrated at myself when i play stupidly and then i get more likely to make mistakes and it just spirals downhill, and i lose several games in a row and become fuming annoyed. its better to take a break at that point, for the rest of the day or whatever

i've found that happens more if i've been looking forward to the games for a while, like know i'll have all evening to myself to play several games, i get anticipation about how i want to kick ass and my team to advance and so on. but then i overthink it, get ambitous, make mistakes, and get punished for it
see- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt_%28poker%29

i find i play better when there's an unexpected opportunity for a game pops up and i go in without preconceptions and just play the game with a clearer mind

one thing that definitely helps me, is if i've got less than an hour available i don't try and fit a game in, i'll watch some replays, or spectate.
watching other people's games of races i play, preferrably by top coaches in important games like tournament finals, gives ideas of what the teams are capable of. you see things you'd not expected or thought of, like skinks surfing a werewolf or whatever.
it also shows you what the best general sort of thing a team should be doing in common situations, like how a bashy team approaches receiving the ball
(for example: get 2-3 dice blocks on the LOS guys till they're down, hit diagonally so if you get pushes you can send them along the line to another of your guys for more blocking. then 2 dice blitz on an important target to punch a hole and perhaps advance up the flank. then pickup the ball and make it safe. then maybe a foul with lots of assists)

watching your own replays is more painful, but more important. ignore the dice, focus on what your players were doing, what plans you had in mind at the time, and compare that to an objective view of what would have been best, what you would have expected to see a top coach doing.
then in your next game, try to play like you've seen others do successfully.

read the strategy guides, read the taoch for newbies thing, read the plasmoid playbooks, copy their starting line out formations, pick the skillups the strategy guides tell you. until you are good at the game, until you completely understand WHY they're saying what they are, then you're better off aping them until you understand them.

copying top coaches isn't glamorous but its necessary until you have the basics down, until you understand the fundamentals of what works in this game - it doesn't reward bravado, for example.

Last edited by Sp00keh on %b %16, %2012 - %11:%Feb; edited 2 times in total
Bob_Bifford

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new here and I will be taking your advice thanks sp00keh.
g00nsta

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

double skulls re-roll double skulls to start 2 games in arow
hale

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason you're getting unlucky is dreadfully simple: because you want to win. As soon as you stop desiring to win then the dice will stop preventing you from winning.
kungfupanda

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've given the random dice a break and was having a bad time and it seemed everything was against me, but I would like nuffle to leave me some players on the pitch to have a competative match now! Not too much to ask is it???
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

why necro this pos?

Jump to: