64 coaches online • Server time: 23:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: May 21, 2012 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford from the GLT

Been keeping an eye on the applications to the GLT and my gut is telling me that the stunty qualifier is going to go to the extremes.

Either we get under 4 teams to form up the qualifier OR it is a 16 team qualifier. No middle ground in this one. It will be interesting to see if the fans of stunty come out in force.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2012 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford from the GLT

Still hanging around the GLT HQ checking out the application process. And my gut is telling me something else.

The HIGH TV bracket is going to be a dicey thing this year. The teams that have a high TV who are inclined to jump in here to keep inducements low might be in for a suprise. I suspect those sneaky 1900-2000TV Elves are lurking and willing to take the chance to miss the cut so they can carry a free Wizard through the bracket.

The HIGH CR bracket might be the correct bracket to jump into if you are inducment paranoid.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2012 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So draw getting nearer and I still can't decide a team bracket. What do people feel will be the cut off points? I'm thinking tv 185, games played 120 and coach rating 160, but what do others think?
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts are that I thought it was TW, not TV! I need to skill up some sauri and buy some fodder skinks tonight.

On that note, can we still play with a team that's already applied? Before the draw obviously.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
So draw getting nearer and I still can't decide a team bracket. What do people feel will be the cut off points? I'm thinking tv 185, games played 120 and coach rating 160, but what do others think?

I'd say games played will be more like 60 or so. Your TV guess sounds about right to me, and I have no idea about CR.

Ullakkomorko wrote:
My thoughts are that I thought it was TW, not TV! I need to skill up some sauri and buy some fodder skinks tonight.

On that note, can we still play with a team that's already applied? Before the draw obviously.

Yes you can, but you need to be in 'ready to play' state at the time of the draw, or your team will not be included.
chaoszwerg2001

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

when will the draw be?

btw. noting less than the Austrian Skeleton Team III will join the forlorn party and hopefully surprise the rest of the bracket.
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:

I'm guessing everyone applying CR will make it.

TV 1850 sounds right, maybe as high as 1900.

Games is usually lower than expected. I'd say the outlier ends up at 75 or so. I think we had a pretty low one get in last year.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 13:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i havnt checked for a while.... but i imagine forlorn will fill.

the others, might not.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford from the GLT

Well based on the feed back Iam getting from the pulse of the coaches and teams. The GLT will fill to max. Forlorn will have 16 team brackets and everyone else will have 8.

The other thing that I have found is that for some reason coaches avoid the HIGH CR. They think that for some crazy reason CR means something, something really bad. You want bad? Jump into the High TV bracket and play the coaches who trully have high CR, they earned it by beating down chumps like you. My suggestion, enter HIGH CR and play against the inflated CR chumps.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of us have been trying too hard to make a passing chaos pact team and no longer have the requisite CR to even be allowed in. Very Happy
(those clumsy, boneheaded jerks dropped my CR by about 10 all by themselves)
PainState

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford from the GLT

Interesting news coming out of the GLT HQ today. Lord PurpleChest is hearing an appeals to the stunty qualifier. Some coach from the Border Princes is attempting to get a 2 ogre 14 snotling team entered into the qualifier. It will be interesting to see how that coach gets over the hurdle that he team is classified as an Ogre team.

He claims that his victory in the Border Land open last month entitles his entry into the GLT. When asked why he does not apply to any of the other qualifiers and his retort was: "are you freaking crazy? Its a 14 snot team?".

I did some fact checking and that team did win the Borderlands Open. They played against 2 all hobgoblin CD teams. 2 Flings with no trees and all thrall vamp team to take the Trophy.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2012 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

GLT is about to kick off!!!!

Get your last prep matches in and get your teams applied.

GLT brackets will be drawn tommorow.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2012 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Tiny Steel Hammers are late to the party...and conditions are certainly not ideal (going to have to play some games on laptop during travel)...but box up the provisions...it is time to set sail!
Emeyin

Post   Posted: May 23, 2012 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Fight Gone Bad led by Grant the Great will be putting their bid in. Let's do this.
James_Probert

Post   Posted: May 23, 2012 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The High Princes have restocked their treasure chests, and set sail for the GLT from their resting camp where they have been licking their wounds over the winter.