57 coaches online • Server time: 23:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes sense that there are few Pygmy teams since imo it's a slow starter team, which isn't all that great in a rookie tournament. Surprised that's there's only one though, av6 must have really scared people off!
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
I also agree with Painstate (I think for the first time) Wink, about the Pact like nature of Gnomes.

This seems to be happening alot lately. Shocked

I could link the last 2 admissions from 2 other coaches in the last week but that is to over the top self promotion...even from me. Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I could link the last 2 admissions from 2 other coaches in the last week but that is to over the top self promotion...even from me. Laughing

2 people agreeing with painstate?...

painstate, we need to speak with you in the admin channel about your multi-accounting addiction...

Twisted Evil

--j

ImageImage
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

also:

Gnomes in many ways are more agile than almost any races out there. Depends on your take on gnomes.

and:

Math:
A gnome without dodge, dies more than twice as often as a stunty with regen (nurgling, horror, etc). Thick skull means he stays on the pitch more than twice as often as a stunty with regen. But dying is still a distinct possibility even with AV 8, and other cas also happen to take gnomes out of the game (as opposed to off the pitch) far more often than a regen stunty.

If you want a survival team, play Horrors, not gnomes. If you want a bomber team, play: horrors for best rookie bombers, skryre for most accurate rookie bomber, gnomes for most bombers. What do gnomes have that actually sets them apart? On pitch presence + squig slayers + cannons (and when cannons are only priced at 50k, despite all the advantages they have, you realize a cannon may set gnomes apart, but it's often not actually a benefit to the team.)
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
PainState wrote:

2 people agreeing with painstate?...

painstate, we need to speak with you in the admin channel about your multi-accounting addiction...

Twisted Evil

--j

LOL!!!!!!! Cool Shocked Very Happy Sad Very Happy Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I know the principle of Design, and that was the think why I left the Discussions about the Teamchanges, cause it was SAID, FLUFF OVER BALANCE.

AND OF COURSE LIFE A AV8+stunty+Thick Skull Dude LONGER as an AV5-6+stunty+Dodge DUDE im not Saying there be Immortal.

But we talking ABOUT AV8+stunty+Thick SKull+Dodge (S Access)for the Price of 50k.

Im Sry, I dont play boring Teams (in my Mind) like: Chaos, Orcs, Dorfs, CDorfs, and on stunty Gnomes.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

and yes erobererzim you are right; 50k is probably STILL overpriced for the gnome linemen. But we should be slow with our changes, and not drop them to 45k until it is shown that's reasonable. Similarly, skinks are probably still 5k overpriced, but that might not be true with the general 'slower'ness of teams, and the revamp making even more things slower.

As a completely different aside: Albion Fae are super awesome now. I don't understand why more people don't play them.
baelnic

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to play them until they get their new Fenbeast icons. Same with Chaos Flings, I need me some new art Smile
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I play Albion Faes on the Cup.
Nekosama

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just getting used to no dodge on my gnomes but not going no to dodge Smile I applied as gnomes because I was worried they would not be represented in a tourney with exploding in the name. I was pretty sure baring a dicing I was going to get bumped right off the bat. How I feel like it wont have to be as bad a dicing Smile
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Are my current gnomes going to get the dodge upgrade? Or only the new ones I purchase?

Still dont have my answer..............

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

They don't yet. Just checked a Gnome team I just played.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

They do now. Just updated them.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I love it when cowhead posts in the forums. I keep thinking I'm seeing the preview for Expendables 3