18 coaches online • Server time: 06:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macabeo

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
Its a nice team skillwise, but apes seem very unfluffy in my BB world.

This, although I still like the team design quite a bit. I for one like the Orangutan a lot, I like the idea of having a slow power thrower on a team where most people can catch on a 2+.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Would also prefer them with some warhammery-fantasy-ape-names :p

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
happygrue

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If the Orangutans turn out to need a buff to get any playing time, giving them big hand could be fun. Twisted Evil

I'd also love to see some tail on some of these guys (chimps?)

But they look to me like a nice, albeit challenging roster (in the same line as slann and vamps would be my guess) that can win some games and be a good time while struggling a bit too.

(Edited)

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

All for optional fun in [L]. Good stuff. Funny this made it before Khorne or Bretonnians, but no reason really why it shouldn't.
Lychanthrope

Post   Posted: May 21, 2014 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see this happen. I must admit I hope Gorilla Grodd dies quickly. Very Happy As a Flash fan I've never liked him as a villian. Good luck!
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:

Apparently Apes' tails are about as long as human tails. Confused (yahoo answers told me :p )

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
All for optional fun in [L]. Good stuff. Funny this made it before Khorne or Bretonnians, but no reason really why it shouldn't.

its a damn site better than the quorn roster that's for sure, even if it doesnt really fit in the BB world.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
happygrue wrote:

Apparently Apes' tails are about as long as human tails. Confused (yahoo answers told me :p )

Oops! Somehow I thought chimps did. Embarassed

Still, thematically it would just be reaching out with a leg or long arm or something. A bonus to tackling is nothing that would look out of place, though calling it a tail would be annoying. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

REALLY glad custom rosters have finally dipped their toe into fumbbls' water.
It can only get better from here! Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed; it does bring great hope that custom rosters will be universally available and creatable in a few years.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that this is strictly a league team. It's very promising for more creative teams like this to be added. Very exciting news.

Jeffro
Roland

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
REALLY glad custom rosters have finally dipped their toe into fumbbls' water.
It can only get better from here! Very Happy

Exclamation

Secret League ftw!

btw, does anyone know when cyanides BB2 is coming?
would be great if "custom rosters in L" could compete with that...
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I like the flavour, and more importantly the uniqueness BB-wise of this roster. Looking forward to SS-guard-DT-dodge fellas without block! If only they'd fix that DT "bug" lol

I do think it might be a touch overpowered though. What if they had 3 gorillas? Who says postionals have to come in even numbers?

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
xyon

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
WoodPusher wrote:
Does this mean other league-only teams may become available in the near future?
*cough* https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague *cough*

No, this is a one off.................at the moment. Worth joining the league (if you can) to have a go though!!!

Well I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopes this is a nice addition to league, but also opening of the door for considering more rosters to be added to league later, but hopefully not too much later!
notbobby125

Post   Posted: May 22, 2014 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDiscoStu wrote:
Hey I like the flavour, and more importantly the uniqueness BB-wise of this roster. Looking forward to SS-guard-DT-dodge fellas without block! If only they'd fix that DT "bug" lol

I do think it might be a touch overpowered though. What if they had 3 gorillas? Who says postionals have to come in even numbers?

They are balanced by a few things.

1. There armor is terrible across the board, 8 armor on a "blocker" is only asking for trouble, particularly since their only bashing skill is grab. They will lose a war of attrition with almost any bashy team.

2. No normal access to general skills (read, block and tackle) on their Gorilla will severly hurt their effectiveness in a higher team value punching game. Also, the lack of strength skills on every other player besides the silverback means they will be out strengthed at higher team values fairly easily.

3. They can hold the ball like an elf, but can't dodge like an elf. They are going to be good at making trade hand offs, sure, but will suck at actually setting them up. The two players that has normal access to dodge is the gorilla and the chimps.

4. They have a very hard counter in the form of Nurgle. Nurgle equals them in strength (and is stronger, factoring in horns), beats the apes in durability, and ruins the hand off plays this team relies on with disturbing presence.
 Jump to: