56 coaches online • Server time: 23:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill on a double?
Strip Ball
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Fend
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Piling on
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Guard
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Something else?
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 49

Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
Doesn't the frenzy force the follow up and therefore the dodge away? And with the dodges the inevitable fail and death. Ok melodramatic but I try to roll as few dice with him as I can to keep him around.

Sure, it will possibly lead to more dodges. But it will also make your opponent have kittens. It will force their offence to play more narrow as well which makes it a lot easier to stop their attack and force mistakes. It's down to personal preference I guess. You could always go grab to stop SS players hugging the side line but you are playing in box so it's unlikely you will see many SS players.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Why has noone mentioned Pro??

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

For the same reason no one has mentioned kick off return.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Break Tackle to increase his reliability
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Havin "only" AG 4 is indeed a weakness of him. I can tell from experience that AG 5 on a ST 4+ wardancer does wonders. Unfortunately Break Tackle won't help him with leaping, but otherwise it's a very interesting choice - especially since he'll still manage a lot of 3+ dodge and thereby safe it for later in the same turn. Smile

I like that idea!

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't recommend 3+ dodges, you should watch out for that. Frenzy ain't a skill you can use without thinking at least a second about it first.

If you are that worried about the 1/36 fail chance it sounds like your team isn't operational once he gets off pitch.
Kinda a count luthor problem.
I'd recommend skilling some other players then and designing a back up strategy. Players get knocked out, you won't be able to always prevent the 1/36...

But yeah, if you really feel like you can't take any heat on him you shuoldn't take any skills that reduce his life span... no DT, no Frenzy and no Piling On either... even guard isn't perfect since it puts him in conjuction with somebody... strip ball is pointless because you shouldn't leap with him...

For max protection I'm actually thinking Fend... gotta tell you, not a choice I'd make... rather live and burn out in a blast.. .

Thick Skull would be a curious choice...
Grab as anti SS skill..
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't recommend 3+ dodges either, but if you leap into a cage, you often want to get out afterwards - and that usually means dodging through at least one tacklezone. If one performs such things often, Break Tackle is an interesting choice in my opinion. Also helps if you want to escape Diving Tackle (if you need to blitz not the marking player but someone else with him).

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Upon reconsidering, Guard is probably still a better skill than fend.. it's not terrible for protection if you can use it to avoid 2d blocks on the sourrounding players.. and it's a fine enough skill to have and not to use all the time... so.. a luthoresque approach on the game should still work with guard...
fabienL

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

frenzy
madvig

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i also have to go with either Frenzy, or maybe Juggernaut.

Frenzy to be able to surf stuff, and leap into Cages with 2 Blocks on the ball.

Juggernaut just to get to those fend and stand firm players. however i like the skill best combined with PO or strip ball...

Edit: And BTW! Dont ever be afraid to use him, i meen leaping, dodging, gfi, whatever! you have to use his full potential, no matter if it results in his own death Wink
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

WoodPusher wrote:
If you really want him to be the most annoying player of all time, Nerves of Steel.

this
KenThis

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

piling on since you're going to blitz with him every chance you get
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard or DT for me. He needs to be controllable.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

madvig wrote:
Edit: And BTW! Dont ever be afraid to use him, i meen leaping, dodging, gfi, whatever! you have to use his full potential, no matter if it results in his own death Wink

I think you should be careful and only use him when it matters, with the lowest odds possible, and make it count. Leave the cowboy stuff for the AG5 players and his WD sidekick. Just that he is on the pitch, within range, on defense will have the opponent wetting his pants.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yepp, save the really crazy (*coughs*) stuff for some Blackbox Major finals! Very Happy

Jump to: