38 coaches online • Server time: 10:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post It's almost tim...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What a Legend would take
Pro - Maximum Pain
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
Juggernaut - No fend can stop me!
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Grab - Filthy Sidesteppers
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Two heads - Mobile blitz?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Something Else?
27%
 27%  [ 16 ]
Rotter Pie
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 58

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2016 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
Everyone says Pro is terrible without giving a solid reason. Just "it's bad". I don't get it. It lets me turn pushes into pows just over 1/4 of the time, and only results in a turnover 1/72. Also means I can use a RR during the turn, or not burn one "cos it'd be nice to kill this dude".
Pro is a great skill, on the right player.
This is not that player.
He lacks any of the skills pro works best with (dauntless, jump up, Bloodlust, Loner)

Have you considered dauntless? Sure you're a ST4 blitzer, but that does you little good if you can only get one assist on a ST5 (or stronger) big. With that one assist and dauntless, you now get 2D blitzes on bigger opponents. Believe me, you need answers to Special Players
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

bancobat wrote:
regarding your team, as your only killer pestigor, i guess he does all the blitzes, so i would take Frenzy to maximize this point and his removal potential

Indeed, Frenzy will increase the chances that he is removed.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

There is always Sneaky Git.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh, here is the sneaky git argument! End of debate, lets do something else. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:

That's a double.

You're thinking of thick skull.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thick skull is actually semi-useful on a pomber. Some protection against fouls. So it should not be in the ballpark of Sneaky git.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe for sure, it has a tiny, tiny bit of value. But sneaky git isn't even available!

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2016 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
bancobat wrote:
regarding your team, as your only killer pestigor, i guess he does all the blitzes, so i would take Frenzy to maximize this point and his removal potential

as bghandras said, only if he can't manage the skill, so i don't get what is your point...
sure that if you play bad, it's a bad skill...
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

bancobat wrote:
licker wrote:
bancobat wrote:

as bghandras said, only if he can't manage the skill, so i don't get what is your point...
sure that if you play bad, it's a bad skill...

Part of the management of the skill is NOT using it.

Kind of defeats the purpose then of maximizing this guys ability to kill things.

I know what I'm talking about, I'm not convinced the 'frenzy all cpomb!' crowd does.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
Dominik wrote:
With Juggernaut you have a 50% chance of takedown against a Wrestle player with a 1db. One CPomber should have Juggernaut in a team.

No. You still have a 33% chance to take them down. Rolling Both Down is turned into a Push with Juggernaut.
You still must roll a POW or a Push/POW to knock down an opponent with Wrestle.
There is no advantage gained in Knocking Down and opponent with THIS player by taking Juggernaut.

"Juggernaut: if the player takes a Blitz action, the opposing player may not use his Fend, Stand Firm or Wrestle skills against the Juggernaut player's blocks.
The Juggernaut player may also choose to treat a 'Both Down' result as if a 'Pushed' result has been rolled instead for blocks he makes during a Blitz action."

Therefore Wrestle doesn't protect from Both Down result of a Juggernaut player who is blitzing.
The Juggernaut player MAY choose to threat Both Down as Pushed if he wants, but he's not forced to do so; he can keep Both Down and knock down the Wrestle player if he choose to not turn Both Down into Pushed.
Only Block protects from being knocked down by a blitzing Juggernaut player, Wrestle doesn't.

Seriously?
If so Juggernaut is a slightly better skill than I thought it was.
And Wrestle is a slightly worse skill than I thought it was.

I'm going to try to restate what you said in different words. Tell me if this is still accurate.
You're saying basically that:
"Wrestle is more or less nullified, as if the player did not have Wrestle at all, if he is Blitzed be a player with Juggernaut.
So, because the player does not have Wrestle the Blitzing player can bring him down on a Both Down result."

Last edited by Catalyst32 on %b %22, %2016 - %02:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct. It's pretty nifty that way.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2016 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
thoralf wrote:

That's a double.

You're thinking of thick skull.

You read my mind, even well hidden behind one.
 Jump to: