12 coaches online • Server time: 06:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2020 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So for balle2000 and others who've asked about a Grandfather team, I've done a bit of thinking and I have two alternatives. This seems like the most balanced approach (full grandfather theme needs some more fluffing):

0-12 Ogres: MA5 ST5 AG2 AV9, Mighty Blow, Bone Head, Thick Skull, Throw Team Mate, Block, Weeping Dagger, Disposable, Regeneration, S / GAP, 120k TV
0-2 Underworld Blitzers: MA7 ST3 AG3 AV8, Block, Weeping Dagger, Disposable, Regeneration, GMS / AP 80k TV
0-6 Gutter Runners: MA9 ST2 AG4 AV7, Dodge, Sure Feet, Sprint, Right Stuff, Weeping Dagger, Disposable, Regeneration GAM / PS 70k TV
0-3 Apothecaries
Rerolls 40k

Normally I wouldn't expect a team to have both Regen and Apothecaries, but you can't have the fairly fragile Ogre linemen risking injury. Everyone gets Disposable because with underpowered players like the ones available here, you need more inducements than a tier 1 team would. Weeping Dagger, as one of the most popular skills in the BB2016 ruleset, seemed a reasonable choice for all players on the roster.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2020 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I would say Weeping Dagger in by far the best skill in game and can not understand why more people do not take it haha

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2020 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems reasonable
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2020 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Lack of Throwers really nerfs the team. Unplayable, worse than stunties.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2020 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Gunner can Thower the ball

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2020 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:

How long before the roster changes should one have created a team, in order not to be scum?

1. "this is a scummy thing to do" is not the same statement as "you are scum".

2. It doesn't matter when they were made, it matters that you knew about the upcoming roster change when you made them, and deliberately waited to activate them until after it came into effect in order to take advantage of the "best of both worlds" to have 8-rat rosters.

3. The pretense that there's any possibility you weren't deliberately stockpiling teams to take advantage of the rule change completely falls apart as soon as one looks at their names, so please don't be disingenious about it.
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2020 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

a) "this is sophistic distinction to make" is dangerously close to "you're a sophist"

2) the teams were created and activated before the switcheroo, I just never got around to coach them until now. I've got a few league commitments, was trying out the two new teams (great fun!) and a few other reasons

iii) so what? Seriously. So bloody what. My intent was to have 8 rats and a troll in the same game, at least once. A failed apo or a bad match can stop that, why shouldn't I prevent that by using redundancy?

Also, 8 rats, 8 teams, Karak 8 peaks! Cool

Get off that high horse mate Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, to my mind people doing something iffy once doesn't define their identity from then on, but if you don't think that's a distinction worth making then sure, you can be scum if you insist.

The reason you shouldn't "make sure to have 8 rats and a troll in the same game" is that it's taking advantage of a loophole that only exists because FUMBBL has limited admin resources, to play an illegitimate roster. In any other BB environment than open matchmaking on FUMBBL it would be outright cheating.

If you can't live without that 8-rat game then make your own roster in an [L] ruleset, that's why we have them.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The new rules are a perfect chance to do away with grandfathering altogether.

Just make the new "competitive" division with the BB20 rules only allow new teams. Or any team that wants to transfer there has to redraft to a BB20 legal team. So Necros could only buy wraiths and not wights for instance.

All other teams can go to league where the individual division admins can decide.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problem real problem with you wanting to have 8 rats and 1 troll on the pitch 'at least once' after all it is for the most part still just skaven without most of the reasons to play skaven. My problem is when you start taking those teams into competitions especially trophy where they are downgraded tiers specifically due to their lack of decent players, when you do that it feels a lot more like you trying to gain an unfair advantage over other people than just you wanting to try out an interesting team.
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
The reason you shouldn't "make sure to have 8 rats and a troll in the same game" is that it's taking advantage of a loophole that only exists because FUMBBL has limited admin resources, to play an illegitimate roster.

It's not a loophole. It's an established transitional rule, that has significant precedent in competitive divisions in FUMBBL. The same way that it's not iffy, he just had more forethought than you most people.

People made Norse teams back before the LRB4-LRB5 transition, to get 4 blitzers *and* be able to add 2 Ulfs.

People made 12 Ogre teams, well... Because they could...

People had 7 skill players...

It's always been a part of the competitive divisions, the same way that potions/scrolls/unique prizes have also been a part of it.

It's not broken, and as spubbba mentioned, even if the players are grandfathered and allowed, WTR will eventually get them.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 10:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I have always been fine with grandfathered teams, as it was a small wrinkle in the system. So until we move to 2020 rules, meh, let them abuse FUMBBL's systems to their hearts content, what's the harm?

But when we move to 2020 rules i think they should end.

I know they will anyway as the players get older, and their costs increase, they will get harder and harder to afford, eventually limiting the host team so much that the player has to go, or the team no longer compete.

But why wait? Lets start as clean as we can, Teams should be eternal, players transient.

Burn them all in a fire. There will no doubt be somewhere non competitive for teams to go if they wish, and take their non compliant teams with them, but with SO many changes on so many rosters grandfathering will create a new, non Blood Bowl, game that we play only on FUMBBL.

Necro teams with 2 wights and 2 wraiths? no thanks.
Wood Elves with faster catchers, just 'because'? no thanks.
Orcs keep their four BOB's and add four Big Uns? no thanks.
and on and on.

Burn them all in a fire. Start clean. Move forwards.

Forget the past, kill it if you have to.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Have we come to a conclusion on the optimum way to abuse the rules transition yet?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
There will no doubt be somewhere non competitive for teams to go if they wish...

Is that confirmed? Set in stone?

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
Have we come to a conclusion on the optimum way to abuse the rules transition yet?

That's the spirit we're all looking for! I'm sure Java has detailed plans for maximum scum value Wink
 Jump to: