51 coaches online • Server time: 23:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Last chance!!! - May...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2005 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Round 2 Deadline</b>

As it stands at the moment, only JoeKano and Uncle Smed have extensions until Tuesday night...

The rest of ya are tempting the AXE!

And I am annoyed given my own teams poor showing - beware the pissed off commish! Razz
Toonie

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok we have a lot of forfeits happening in Round 2.

So as Clay has mentioned earlier there will be consequences for coaches who haven't made an attempt to try and get their match played.
A few people have been lucky this time, but Volcolm, XZCion and TheTiger have all fallen victim to the axe.
So we would like to welcome Skonos, Symmetrical and Smegish to the Conferences after doing their tour of duty in the qpool.
There are a lot of hungry sharks in the qpool and they are willing to replace any of the coaches who do not bother to send pm's or send an email to swladmin@hotmail.com.

So remember guys get those games played or end up being fed to the sharks!

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2005 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

And PLATYPUS vs Kozzi was granted an extension of 24hrs due to Plats PM.

We hate forfeits guys, but no word via PM or email leaves us with no choice Sad
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2005 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for the extension.

It was an other great victory for the Maniac Mammalians II. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=640787

But every victory has its price. Panthera Tigris. The legendary Wardancer broke his neck while sprinting to support his team members. "After his two casualties against the hobgoblin thrower (one was healed) he deserved the death" commentated a Chaos Dwarf supporter.
An other tragically loss is the injury of Acinonyx Jabatus. A player who is looking forward to his retirement got heavily beaten up. It is not sure if he will continue his good-bye tour.

Cheers,

PLATYPUS
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2005 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to another new member of the SWL... Ian "DoubleSkulls" Williams...

Along with kiwi, symmetrical, bartgoon and.... probably others i forget, we have added a fair number of recruits this season! Keep it up Smile
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

AS a bit of a "veteran" of the SWL I am a tad embaressed by the following questions..but better a stupid question than a stupid result right? Wink

1. Is the 180 TR cap in Qpool ONLY for Qpool...or can a team who vaults past 180 with it's last qpool game then enter conference play with it higer than 180 rating?

2. If I choose to play on with the Black Crowes in Season 9...do the Red Crowes (in qpool) just sit quietly in the pool for another season and hope I put them forward for play in season 10? Or can they "rest" elsewhere while I use a new team in the next pool so I can play games?

3. Why would anyone in their right mind use any sound pack OTHER than the Loony Toon pack??? Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have my stampede, mausoleum, and now hallows who have only played in the pool, if the skinks (nuffle forbid) should ever require some rejuvenation, I would certainly plan on bringing the stampede back into the picture. Actually I wouldn't mind being able to bring the stampede back for some off season mayhem (I just couldn't stand to cut them down back when the pool was dropped to 150).
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

QPool is capped at 180, but yes you can go higher than that in anticipation of promotion...

The golden rule is never play a QPool game with a TR181 or more! Smile

If you want to "park" a QPool team for future promotion, that is fine... let me or the admins know and we will give it the 666 designator in the SWL Main Page...

You ARE NEVER EVER EVER allowed to play a non-SWL match with a "parked" team. All parked teams re-entering the SWL will have their match records checked...

An example of a parked team is my very own Chaos team (Hell's Gatekeepers) who may (or may not) replace the much destroyed Blue Mountain Dragons next season.
andycapp

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to copy it, just mention it.
I have made season comments in my latest match report.
what a silly "game" this is ...
andycapp

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I'm grovelling back to all in the SWL.
I rather shot my mouth off (or rather fingers) the other night, and want to apologise publicly.
The orcs of Wanna Beatin will go back to their safety zone of the Conferences for next season, and get better and stronger than last season. Hopefully, they will be back. If not, I have a nice little Rat Ogre waiting in the wings Wink

I'll be back online this weekend, as my wife is away on a girly weekend. So whenever Battlestar Gallactica is not on, I may well be in the #swl looking around.

Oh, and maybe look for a comical report from Kooshee about how his career has ended now, etc. I think he put the mocker on Clay's Dragons last season by mentioning that team, and that poor luck has continued this season with these darned orcs.
I'm sure a number of coaches have gone through this sort of thing. When this is behind me, maybe I'll be able to offer words of encouragement to other coaches, just as have been offered to me recently. Thanks for that guys Smile
cheers, andycapp
Snorri

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Just for those who hadn't noticed - qpool is reset! So dive in and get your lads absolutely thrashed all over again while they can!

Teams that have been through the qpool and are looking to 'park' themselves as your backup team have been given a group score of 200 (see the group listing at the bottom of the swl page). If you wish to do this with your qpool team, let the admin know and they'll put them into parking with the other lovelies there. This lets you enter another team into the qpool team with which to have the occasional sociable game - also allows you to help give the new guys some experience rather than having a team sit idly in the qpool.

Also for those who are interested in following the goings on in Premier, check out the post match game reports. With the introduction of the Twahnlow's points scoring system, the post game match reports have taken on a life of their own. (Nicely done lads! I hadn't expected anything more than a Twahnlow's score - additional gossip noting the Twahnlow players' moments of glory and gossip on the match itself is fantastic!).
Toonie

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Good news everybody!

We have come up with a format for the Chunkathon, we will set it up like the qpool.
Each coach will be allowed 2 teams, these teams will be their conference/premier team(or a parked qpool team if they don't have a conference/premier one) and a qpool/parked qpool team.
When the Chunkathon month is over the coach has to say which team they will use in the conference, their other team will then have to be culled back to the tr cap of 180.
If a coach doesn't want to use his conference/premier team, they can use a parked and a qpool team.
All teams that won't be used in the divisions for season 9 will have to be culled.

It is not mandatory for coaches to play, if they want to they can use the Chunkathon period as a rest period.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we allowed to use our qpool team...run up it's TR and than park it? Thus could enter the conferences in later seasons at possibly TR 200+?

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea Oz...

Also i think a limit of some kind on teams playing the chunkathon would be advisable so that those that can play games often don't gain a huge advantage over others. Whether it be 8, 10 or 15 games per team in the chunkathon.
whitey

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2005 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Toonie wrote:
All teams that won't be used in the divisions for season 9 will have to be culled.

I think that rules out your idea Oz. I read that as saying any team that plays in the Chunkathon and isn't playing the divisions next season must be cut to 180 TR at the end before it is parked or placed in the pool. Is that right?
 Jump to: