59 coaches online • Server time: 21:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Skavenblight Supersonics - Barcollo ma non mollo

Game is scheduled for saturday 3 PM.

Both teams played a rather wanting season, the Supersonics are looking forward to join the UMTS next season nevertheless.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2006 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on Pad, no update for 6 weeks?

Z
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2006 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Any news on the tourney status?
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2006 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The tourney is still up and around, the only thing is that the updates aren't happening. Keep playing your games, guys, Da_Todfatha is handling everything right now.

Oh, and Todling, it's you and me, mano e mano for the 2nd spot. You got the brass to take down the Manifest Destiny? Bring it.

Z
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the poor league management from me this season. Vacation and work commitments have really hampered my efforts and the worst is that my work's new firewall blocks Fumbbl!! B'stards! Crying or Very sad

UMT VI Quarter Finals
Well the knock-out stages of UMT VI have arrived and there are no less than 1 winner & four finalists challenging for this season's bladder trophy. Let's have a look at how they might fare:

Lizangeles Swamp Beasts vs Pretty Fly
Form: LSB - 3-1-1, PF 3-1-1
TR/TS: LSB 190/187, PF 179/186
Coach UMT record: Mully - UMT II group stage UMT III & IV finalist, UMT V quarter-finalist / Mithrilpoint - UMT II, III & V group stage, UMT IV quarter-finalist
Key Player: LSB - Dingleberry, the star skink has the agility to really cause problems even the most resolute defences. PF - Copenhagen, the agile star blitzer is going to be a real threat to the LSB skinks and will no doubt be an early target for the LSB hitters.
Forecast: While Pretty Fly are somewhat underrated, their team strength is comparable to the Lizangeles Swamp Beasts and both teams come into the game with identical form. However it may come down to coach experience and when they last met in the UMT IV quarter-finals, the Swamp Beast came out winners. Verdict: History to repeat itself with a Lizangeles win.

Servants of Nagash vs Wrath of Ages
Form: SoN - 3-2-0, WoA - 2-2-1
TR/TS: SoN 181/178 / WoA 191/181
Coach UMT record: AlcingRagaholic - UMT I finalist, UMT II & III group stage / DukeTyrion - UMT II & III group stage
Key Player: SoN - Nagash's Fiend, the pacey rising star werewolf is the main casualty threat but will have his work cut out against the armoured chaos dwarves. WoA - Grunarg, the super-fast star bull centaur will be a major scoring threat and must be a major target for those with steel-toe caps!
Forecast: This is DukeTyrion's first experience of the UMT play-offs and coming up against the unbeaten Servants of Nagash, lead by UMT veteran AlcingRagaholic, may be just too much for the Wrath of Ages despite their slight strength superiority. Verdict: Servants of Nagash to make the Semis.

Cartoonettes vs Flying Frodos
Form: C - 3-1-1, FF - 2-2-1
TR/TS: C 197/199, FF 139/92
Coach UMT record: SideshowBob - UMT V finalist / bampf - rookie
Key Player: C - Difficult to choose one player in this very balanced outfit but perhaps agile rising star blitzer Brummelisa has the ability to cause the Frodos problems on offence and defence. FF - Frodini, the rapid agile rising star Halfling is a major scoring threat for the Frodos.
Forecast: bampf's Flying Frodos have done spectacularly well getting this far but it would surely need a miracle to get past last season's runners-up Cartoonettes, providing their coach SideShowBob returns from his religious pilgrimage strangely called the "World Cup" in time! Verdict: Comfortable win for Cartoonettes.

Wailing Old Timers United vs Defenders of Rockhold
Form: WOTU - 3-2-0, DoR - 3-1-1
TR/TS: WOTU 191/188, DoR 188/205
Coach UMT record: Wotfudboy - UMT II finalist, UMT III quarter-finalist, UMT IV & V group stage / Ug - UMT II winners, UMT III quarter Finalist
Key Player: WOTU - Mick Jagger, the fearsome rising star mummy is a real bone-cruncher and even the tough dwarven armour may not be safe from his spiked gloves. DoR - No real stars in this team but perhaps Gong Bronze, the rising star troll slayer, may be important in tackling the WOTU powerhouse mummies.
Forecast: Both coaches are very experienced but Ug is the only previous winner still in the competition. Meanwhile, despite the Wailing Old Timers United being unbeaten, they took quite a battering in their last couple of games and have to face the strongest team in the Quarter-finals. Verdict: Defenders of Rockhold to nick the win in a very tight game indeed.

A team by team round up of group stage to follow next week.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay updates! Go Pad Go!

Z
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice write up... set's it up nicely.... but...Ug to win??!!... right, that's it... Must prove Pad wrong... Even though he got DukeTyrion's Wrath of Ages early exit right... doesn't bode well!

Trouble is I'm worried he's right in that Ug will win, but I'm more worried Ug will storm it. He's hired Zara and her stakes, so I've had to counter with the Count, but those stakes are one of few things the undead fear! We just need to get our game arranged... we are having transatlantic availability problems at the moment...

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
Must prove Pad wrong... Even though he got DukeTyrion's Wrath of Ages early exit right... doesn't bode well!

Small confession... the write-up was done after the game got played... BUT I'm sure that would've been my prediction anyway!! Very Happy Sorry Duke...

Post 6 Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
Nice write up... set's it up nicely.... but...Ug to win??!!... right, that's it... Must prove Pad wrong... Even though he got DukeTyrion's Wrath of Ages early exit right... doesn't bode well!

Trouble is I'm worried he's right in that Ug will win, but I'm more worried Ug will storm it. He's hired Zara and her stakes, so I've had to counter with the Count, but those stakes are one of few things the undead fear! We just need to get our game arranged... we are having transatlantic availability problems at the moment...

This will be a rematch of Wotfudboy's and my first game with other teams where Zara played for my Greenbay Packers and she staked and killed (no regen) the Count who was playing for the Headstone Raiders.

Check out http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=615760

Hope to replay that scene again!!!
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

BB-Pad wrote:
Wotfudboy wrote:
Must prove Pad wrong... Even though he got DukeTyrion's Wrath of Ages early exit right... doesn't bode well!

Small confession... the write-up was done after the game got played... BUT I'm sure that would've been my prediction anyway!! Very Happy Sorry Duke...

I mean, he had help with the fact that he's seen me play a WHOLE lot more than he's seen Duke in action... so you can give him that one.

I mean, cmon, look at the SUMT IV season. Pad's no foo.

Duke played a good game, and a very close one. In fact, I was rather worried when he scored the first time, leaving me in dire straits. Luckily, I managed to get lucky when the ball scattered onto a zombie who handed off to a WW for the tying score at half time.

I pulled off a second TD at the start of the second half, but Duke was bleeding rather badly with only 9 able to be fielded. The Servants of Nagash came prepared and packing, and the astute armor of the CD was being penetrated by all the various Servant players. He tried to score again, and would have if not for his BC failing to catch the ball with a RR while he was open to score. Picking up the ball and chucking it downfield, I almost pulled a 3rd TD, but fell short when the ghoul didn't catch it while open.

Still, a very close game, and gotta hand it to him for not hiring Hthark or a Wizard.

Now to wait on Mully's and Mith's game.

Pad's predictions are usually correct, but I'm rooting for Mith. Go Mith! Then again, Mully's probably rooting for him too, coz those skinks will be D-E-D after I get to them. Wink

Evil Coach & Necromancer Z
Wotfudboy

Post 11 Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Ug wrote:
This will be a rematch of Wotfudboy's and my first game with other teams where Zara played for my Greenbay Packers and she staked and killed (no regen) the Count who was playing for the Headstone Raiders.

Check out http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=615760

Hope to replay that scene again!!!

Crikey... I had almost forgotten that great game... hopefully Zara will be spotted straight away by the referee... but that's unlikely... gonna have to watch that girl!
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently having some time zone problems in arranging our game. Work has recently made me unable to play and a tz diff of -6 doesn´t help. We will make it, though, as the deadline is july 2.

It is going to be all about skinkmashing - especially that ag 4 one. Our dp will be working double overtime in this one as Pretty Fly will be prepared to do what it takes to get through this one.

My prediction: 1-1 after 16 turns each and then the lizards take the win in overtime. This is a tough one......

M

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

In UMT playoffs, is the overtime sudden death or do you play the full OT?

As far I can tell we play out the full OT. Can anyone familiar with UMT confirm one way or the other how it works in this league?

Thanks!
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Full time

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizageles Swamp Beasts vs. Pretty Fly will get played sometime tonight, most likely around 23:30.

M