36 coaches online • Server time: 12:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I don't expect a representative survey, however:
blood, Blood, BLOOD!
27%
 27%  [ 145 ]
I only foul for tactical reasons because thats when I can get away with it
45%
 45%  [ 242 ]
I fit the elf stereotype
12%
 12%  [ 65 ]
Fouling makes me feel Manly (no gender offense intended)
7%
 7%  [ 38 ]
I join Werewolf games to burn innocents FTW!
7%
 7%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 528

dobbie

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2007 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

WarlordGhrom wrote:

1) Opponent is being a total jackass and disrespecting any of the following: my choice of skills, play calling, or my family, or something else that pissed me off.

I don't think I would ever foul for reason #1. Not yet anyway...never been disrespected outright. Disrespect may mean different things to different people tho...usually the person is trying to be constructive. I don't attempt to gauge intent, not with all the different cultures. As you know, a rude Swede is like a really nice American.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Play the game you like to play, but don't ever be upset if others do not want to play YOUR game. I rarely if ever foul, but it doesn't bother me if my opponent fouls, especially if that's the only way they know how to win. Wink

My son loves to T16 foul, but will not do it if I'm in the room because I feel it's unsportsmanlike, much like the New England Patriots running up the score with a fake spike of the ball, after they already won the game. But my dislike of it comes from playing REAL football, and what my coaches taught me.

But to each his own.
IanFidel

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul Bloody Foul any chance I get!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Renno wrote:
But my dislike of it comes from playing REAL football, and what my coaches taught me.
But to each his own.

Your coach taught you not to foul? That gotta be a mistake
Shrap

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

dobbie wrote:
WarlordGhrom wrote:

1) Opponent is being a total jackass and disrespecting any of the following: my choice of skills, play calling, or my family, or something else that pissed me off.

I don't think I would ever foul for reason #1. Not yet anyway...never been disrespected outright. Disrespect may mean different things to different people tho...usually the person is trying to be constructive. I don't attempt to gauge intent, not with all the different cultures. As you know, a rude Swede is like a really nice American.

That's strange you should say that..the most disagreeable ppl I have played on here have been swedish. Of course that's a small sample size...but still.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Renno wrote:
Play the game you like to play, but don't ever be upset if others do not want to play YOUR game. I rarely if ever foul, but it doesn't bother me if my opponent fouls, especially if that's the only way they know how to win. Wink

My son loves to T16 foul, but will not do it if I'm in the room because I feel it's unsportsmanlike, much like the New England Patriots running up the score with a fake spike of the ball, after they already won the game. But my dislike of it comes from playing REAL football, and what my coaches taught me.

But to each his own.

i had a redneck coach he put me into games specificaly to hurt other players:P
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

It's worth considering that, if you are upset when you get fouled, you might be taking your game about zombies and elves playing football a little too seriously.

I think it's possible to enjoy the challenging strategy of the game without becoming overly attached to our imaginary players. Last time I checked, there wasn't a lot of wealth, fame, or prestige attached to being a successful Blood Bowl coach.

Well said. Though there are some pixels I confess I find myself attached to...

I strive to be a better person and embrace the Paul Hicks foulosophy:

I will foul you excesively, continously and if possible every damn turn.
I will hope every single one of these fouls produces a kill.
I will be glad if your regen/ apothocary work because it means i can have another go.
I will foul your skillless rookie zombie if he is the only guy i can get to for no other reason than i love to foul.
I will foul your favorite legend even when your apothocary is gone, even on t16 just because i like to kill nice players.
I will cry like a little girl with a grazed knee when LRB5 nerfs dp.

However:

I will respect your right to say no to me.
I will respect your right to play how you want to play.
I will cheer just as much (if not more) if you kill my best players.
I will annoy you by chatting too much to you sometimes.
I will always try to find teams that can do damage to my own.
I will however offer games to everybody in range when ive been sitting lfg for 2 hours.
I will always try to make sure people are aware of my policy before i play them. i really would rather only play people who know what they are getting into.

Oh and 1 more thing... fouling does not make me big tough or clever. it just makes me very very happy

Last edited by maxlongstreet on %b %10, %2007 - %05:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Argghh...hate double postings
Renno

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
Renno wrote:
But my dislike of it comes from playing REAL football, and what my coaches taught me.
But to each his own.

Your coach taught you not to foul? That gotta be a mistake

No, they taught me how to win a game without demeaning my opponents. You see this in NFL all the time where there is a clear win. They stop blitzing the QB, or pull out star players and allow others to play, et cetera. I could give a lot of examples, but anyone who has ever played a competitive sport understands what I'm talking about.

Hell, for that matter you see it in a lot of sports. After all there are equally as many poor winners, as there are poor losers.

Last edited by Renno on %b %10, %2007 - %06:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Renno

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
Renno wrote:

But to each his own.

Our coach did the same thing if there was a clear chance of the other team winning. Not hurt as "put in the hospital", but hurt as in knocking sense in the other player(s).

You always have bruisers who can punish the line, or running back so that they're sore, and slow down, or weaken. But these bruisers are only good for that, and usually are not first string players. Wink
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

--j

ImageImage
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Renno wrote:
nexusvalhees wrote:
Renno wrote:

But to each his own.

Our coach did the same thing if there was a clear chance of the other team winning. Not hurt as "put in the hospital", but hurt as in knocking sense in the other player(s).

You always have bruisers who can punish the line, or running back so that they're sore, and slow down, or weaken. But these bruisers are only good for that, and usually are not first string players. Wink

quite right i only went in specificaly when someone pissed him off and he didn't want to see them again that game or he needed to make a bull rush 2 or 3 yards, Normally it was hey Trey kill that @#$% and I was all do you care if I get thrown out. Looking back I had some seriously flawed role moddels as a teen. Very Happy
Soulmask

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I just -str'd a str 5 lino with a turn 15 foul, and it feels good.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done dannyboy, you turned a st 5 monster into a st 4 adequate threat Smile all you had to do to accomplish that was have a catcher and blitzer die, and lose 5-0. Make sure the fumbbl community includes you in the Rememberance Day memorial for your sacrifice Razz

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2007 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Manbush wrote:
Well done dannyboy, you turned a st 5 monster into a st 4 adequate threat Smile all you had to do to accomplish that was have a catcher and blitzer die, and lose 5-0. Make sure the fumbbl community includes you in the Rememberance Day memorial for your sacrifice Razz

LOL, don't belittle his achievement. He gave a rat an av drop too Laughing

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: