29 coaches online • Server time: 01:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't be.... he hasn't proposed a single lame idea.

__Synn
**I am also totally against all organized religions but i tend to acknowledge the good people that happen to be religious.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW is right... life and BloodBowl do not mix!

Yesterday evening my wife was at a meeting leaving me solo with the kids. At one point we were all down stairs - the youngest playing Disney games on the kid's computer and the older two playing "race cars" with some empty cardboard boxes - so I decided to get in a match. Bad move!

With I think two turns left to go, they all started getting a little wild screaming and starting to throw the cardboard around. When I told them to "calm down a bit" they headed upstairs to watch cartoons instead. I quickly finished up, said my "good game stuff", and went up to start dinner.

Quote:
/begin eerie music

When I got upstairs the boy and the youngest were watching TV... "where's your sister? Honey, where are you?" No answer. "Uh oh."

Quote:
/play horrific "man-scream"

I found her in the bathroom in front of the door mirror where she had done her best Brittney Spears imitation with a pair of craft scissors.

Quote:
/cut to scene of Dad laying on floor holding his head in his hands

Now, she just a easily could have done this while I was sorting laundry downstairs or cooking dinner or helping the boy with his homework. But she didn't - she did it while I was engaged in a BloodBowl match and that really, really makes me feel... guilty? Dunno, can't really put my feelings into words being a guy you know.

I'm still going to play and all - I love this game and it's a great source of enjoyment/relaxation for me - however, I am not going to play any longer while the kids are home or awake. That won't keep them out of trouble but it will sound better when I tell the next story and say it happened while I was <insert any household activity other than "playing computer game">!

Btw, she just gave herself a "bowl cut." It's pretty short, but she doesn't look as bad as Synn in a wig or anything.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

it was all too much.... even for me... I got fouled on T16...

Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

(Since I rarely played you Pete I won't miss you all that much in game. See you in chat bub. I don't feel saddened at all by your decision. Anyoner that has played me or talked to me for 30 seconds knows how important my family is to me. Good luck and I hope to play you again some day)

Since Pete has left us, never to return, we should keep this thread going in a lasting tribute to his memory. I wish I could have known him better before that Tornado flung him naked in that pile of tacks. If only that had killed him. What happened next was truly awful...

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

What happened next was truly awful...

Even more than PeteW naked in the street??? OMG
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
Quote:

Even more than PeteW naked in the street??? OMG

Curro, don't make me double blacklist you! You are supposed to continue the story. It is what PeteW would have wanted.

Post 12 Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

as im kid i don't know what u feel but be nice to wife or girlfrend ^^ because think if someone die alone horible life! AAWWW Sad Crying or Very sad
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sowy. I'm on it then.

Quote:

He managed to go out of the pile of tacks just to walk into a forest. A dense forest. He thought "Well, at least the trees will protect me from wind and cold". As he was immersed in his thoughts he didn't saw the pack of savage sheep staring at him....
Cyco

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

We all make choices, of whats more important, that doesnt mean that you have to quit some of them. But its your choice and I respect that.

Take care and good luck with everything. Though I never got the oppritunity to play you. Sad

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

savage sheep, wearing Derby Co, shirts.... PeteW suddenly realised that he was very very much on the wrong side of the M1.....

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I just hope your kid gets her looks from your wife.... Smile
Halfenforest

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Then he realised that all the shep, every single one, had dirty player, and one of em looked like a blodger...

only played against you once pete, which was actully after this, i'm glad you're back and i'm glad you got it all sorted out..

once again i'm reminded of the glory of a wife who plays bloodbowl..
PeteW

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfenforest wrote:
Then he realised that all the shep, every single one, had dirty player, and one of em looked like a blodger...

only played against you once pete, which was actully after this, i'm glad you're back and i'm glad you got it all sorted out..

once again i'm reminded of the glory of a wife who plays bloodbowl..

hehehe - thx for the nice comment. Yeah life is back on track now and priorities are sorted!

Our first child was due 6 days ago... so life will get even more exciting very very soon!

Post 10 Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck mate, nothing will be the same again, hopefully in a good way Wink

Look at it this way, even if you decide to quit bb after all, and i'll never get my rematch i won't have to live in shame never to have beaten you..

I refuse to believe your son won't be able to play bb I'll get my rematch there Wink

Seriously, it's nice to know you have the strength to know when to quit, and the wisdom to know when you're ready to come back Smile
Russo

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2007 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Pete, it sounds like it is time for the curry fest to begin.

Women tell me that eating curries near full term is supposed to help induce labour!

Get up here to Bradford and start eating Very Happy

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
 Jump to: