11 coaches online • Server time: 04:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2012 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

meh, ehlers, you have a good enough reputation around here, i don't think people think you were rude...

think it's more of a "food for thought, for next time" kind of deal...i wouldn't look too deeply into it...

some people, on this thread though, definitely need to have their parents slap them around some...seriously...

--j

ImageImage
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2012 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

mattwakeman wrote:

Instead we have this. 'It's public and therefore in the free domain to do whatever I want with' whilst technically true is rude in a situation where you are playing a game and haven't told the other person that you are going to do it. Or, 'it doesn't say anywhere you can't' which leads me to think that that if you rolled a six and your opponent picked up the die and shoved it up your nose with the remark, 'it doesn't say anywhere in the rules that you can't' would lead you to maybe thinking twice about saying something like this.

How is it 'rude'? Because you say so? Can you see how easy it is to craft the argument in reverse and demonstrate that the person refusing to allow the game to be recorded would be the one being 'rude'?

That's why I said 'polite' or 'rude' have no place here. They quite simply do not apply. Other than in the context where the commentary is 'rude', but again, that's not the case either.

If you are allowed to do something you don't need to ask permission, it's not rude to not ask permission for something you are allowed to do. You can say it's 'polite' to always ask, but I just find those people to be incredibly annoying and usually after something else anyway. I don't think that's the case here though. It's like if I ask you 'I'm going to record this game so my cousin can watch it later, is that ok with you?' What are you going to say? What am I going to do anyway if you say no?

And no, you are not allowed to shove a dice up anyones nose, that would be battery, and punishable under the laws of probably any country anyone playing here lives in.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2012 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

some people, on this thread though, definitely need to have their parents slap them around some...seriously...

--j

Shadow being seriously insensitive once again. Why am I not surprised? Razz
EmynMul

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2012 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

--j

+1
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2012 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
I think 99% of people are in agreement here.

Please stop feeding the troll.

The troll in question loves to be anti establishment as often as possible.

As for the issue, the obvious has been stated, but I can't see how it's that important in the overall scheme of things.
 Jump to: