11 coaches online • Server time: 03:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The New Rulz are:
Exactly what I wanted and predicted
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
A sign the GW is getting the Blood out of BB
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
A bit better than a piece of pie
28%
 28%  [ 23 ]
The final nail in the coffin of my hopes in humanity
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Par for the course
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 81

kummo

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

About PO.. if a league takes the optional rule.. could "pro" roll used instead or team rr?

So.. could we see more clawpombpros? Pro is already ok skill for some killers (not the best, not the most optimized.. but works for some killers.. at least Nurgle pestigors seem to like it).. but if Piling On is going to be changed and PRO can roll the AV, then pro will become much more useful than it is now.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Space reserved for my comments after I get time to read this.
Right now I am just marking the thread so it is easy to find.
Yeah, I know there are other probably better ways to do this but this is the way I prefer to do it.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
About PO.. if a league takes the optional rule.. could "pro" roll used instead or team rr?

Since it's league, and unless GW intends to restrict the power of League Commissioners, Der Kommissar could do as he pleases. I haven't seen it mentioned yet. I'll update if I read it, as it's an important matter. (ADD - they can do as they please, see below.)

The Pro rulz (DZ1, p. 35) states:

Quote:
Once per turn, a Pro is allowed to reroll any one dice they have made other than Armour, Injury, or casualty rolls, even if they are Prone or Stunned.

So unless we can revise that rule, I'd say no.

May emphasis may not even be relevant, as Pro rerolls dice and how to chain Pro and PO is unclear to me.

Also note that the FAQ on the official website mentions that one can use Pro on the opponent's turn.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %27, %2016 - %01:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
I haven't seen it mentioned yet. I'll update if I read it, as it's an important matter.

OK, found it (DZ1, p. 18):

Quote:
It is up to the Commissioner to decide how to run their league, and they are free to change or modify any of the Blood Bowl rules as they see fit.

Eagerly awaiting when CPOMB fans will appeal to this clause, the very one I used against CPOMB itself in the CPOMB thread...

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
thoralf wrote:
I haven't seen it mentioned yet. I'll update if I read it, as it's an important matter.

OK, found it (DZ1, p. 1Cool:

Quote:
It is up to the Commissioner to decide how to run their league, and they are free to change or modify any of the Blood Bowl rules as they see fit.

Eagerly awaiting when CPOMB fans will appeal to this clause, the very one I used against CPOMB itself in the CPOMB thread...

Options, options, options.

Do we even have a programmer for the client?

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy bloodbowl, substandard win ratio and all, and I intend to continue to enjoy bloodbowl substandard rule changes and all.

play the game have fun give two fingers to any that doesn't.
Squiglet

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

"Do we even have a programmer for the client?"

Not sure we need it to remove PO - just stop the skill from being selected in the skill selection menu, eventually existing PO players will die out. Obviously harder to include with TRR cost, that would require a client change.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as we still get the option to keep PO in [L]eague along with the existing options.

When the programming starts I hope there'll be an option to keep the old PO with no RR.
Adding +2 DP would be nice too.
Is RSC too much? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
As long as we still get [...]

This wouldn't be high on the list of priorities I wager.

However, the more custom house rule options in [L], the better imo.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
As long as we still get the option to keep PO in [L]eague along with the existing options.

When the programming starts I hope there'll be an option to keep the old PO with no RR.

Yes please, fully agree. Leagues that wanted to nerf, or ban, did it already. So leagues that did not ban or nerf are most probably best served with the current version of PO. So please keep it for league as an option.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'm happy to play in leagues that play the new rules and R and B but for some existing leagues without the new rules being optional it creates some problems with their meta and fluff. Making these things optional will make league better by increasing variety available.

DLE College 7s
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
for some existing leagues without the new rules being optional

Some rules are more optional than others.

All the rulz are optional from der Kommissar's viewpoint.

PO is very optional.

The new cards are less optional.

I need to tell you about the new cards.

Later.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a short description of the Miscellaneous Mayhem cards:

Kid Gloves prevents a player from the opposing team to foul or assist a foul for the game.

Bad Habits makes the opponent lose D3 RRs for the first half.

Ego Trip forces a player to play his Action first for the remainder of the game.

Blackmail lets you treat a (non-BC) player from the other team as being part of the team for one turn. That player can't score and can't be ejected from the game by the ref.

Rakharth's Curse of Petty Spite forbids an opposing player to re-roll *any* dice roll for the game.

Magic Sponge allows you to move a player from the injury box (death too!) to the Reserved box. Needs a 2+ on a D6.

Iron Man allows a player to only be stunned on an Injury roll *for the whole game*.

Get Em Lads gives +ST to all the players of a team for a turn.

Knuckledusters allows one of your player to roll POWs for a turn, including -2Ds.

Mine is basically a fireball where the center must be a target opposing player.

There's another deck called Random Events, but we won't need it.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %28, %2016 - %05:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds like a lot of extra coding. So when you say "less optional" it is maybe the programmer's opinion that counts. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2016 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Please C&D, koadah. It gets boring.

Oh, and Wink