38 coaches online • Server time: 01:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Icedragons got scared, norse-off postponed until later this week Wink
ttorvatn

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The Secret to beating the Pirates has been found... good Block dice, and then good armour rolls, and failing that, good casualty rolls. In this way we managed to come through in the Play-off game against the Pirates with one single Casualty, a badly hurt saurus piled onto by Siemon in overtime. Unfortunately, none of this requires much skill from the Coach... Anyway, a win is a win, and now awaits the Vagabonds... Smile
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it is to play slowly... and don't fail any 3+ rolls... and let me snake my go for its... that was pretty much the reasons why you won.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick check-up on my dodges. My skinks made 17 dodges throughout the match, all but two of them with dodge RR since the Pirates aren't great on tackles (had a team RR in hand for the two dodges against Quesediya). Failed 9 of them, but was saved every time by the RR (although 5 of the times I rolled a 3 on the RR). In addition, Claws (my krox) used Break Tackle twice, and rolled 2 both times. So, on a total of 28 dodge rolls, I rolled 8x1, 3x2, 6x3, 4x4, 4x5 and 3x6... Of course, the trick is to roll them in the right sequence Smile

Jus to compare, the Pirates made 12 dodge rolls. Only one their players have a Dodge RR, but one player instead has AG4. The Pirates failed five Dodge rolls, but RRs took care of two of them. One failed dodge had a fatal result, as the player died. In addition, Arnold made 1 successful Break Tackle. The dice spread was: 1x1, 3x2, 6x3, 2x4, 1x5 and 2x6.

Last edited by ttorvatn on %b %28, %2014 - %10:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, congratulations to the Scavengers anyway! It's good that there will be at least one team in the final that hasn't previously won it.

Meanwhile, in the Inter-Conference Shield, Team Albion are cleaning up, with 4 wins out of 4 so far. Of course, there is plenty of time for the Bretonnians to come back, but Albion only need to win 4 more out of the remaining 11 games to win overall.

And congratulations to Palinam Diadochi for making it to the final of the Kislev Plate.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The pillars move forward in the cup Smile

The pillars had a revenge to take from last season as the Expats prevented us from accessing the cup!
Again the TV gap was quite impressive but 10k were missing to call Rammut, so inducements were spent on babes, wizard, Hack Enslash and a sniper.
After the set up the sniper was called and a rock hit the best saury in the face leaving him BH and the apo was called to get a chance to see him later on the pitch. Then the first half really started. The expats hit and tried to dig a hole in the defense meanwhile the Pillars were trying to hold the lines and decided to use clean their boots on the skinks. 2 skinks BH later on was getting away with the ball. Wizard was called and a third skink was out KO leaving the ball free. The expats were then left with one ball handler on the field. After couple of turns most of each team was regrouped around the ball fighting for it. Turn 6 after some cleaning of the TG Sekhetmet saw an openning and ran for the ball but tripped on it and it bounce towards Toutankârton and got tangled in his armor, ball carrier is now a TG Smile Turn 7 Toutankârton is far away from the endzone and only Charpentier has a fair chance to run for it. So once the last skink was stunned it was show time, Tomb Guardian rush, gfi and quick pass (5+) wich failed but the ball bounced back to Charpentier who caught it!!! time for glory the skely ran for his life stop 6 squares away from endzone. Turn 8 a Saurus manage to mark the ball player but Thôt tot tot came to help and POW on a 1DB, Charpentier is free and a gfi later scores!!!!!
0-0 at the end of the first half was already great for the Pillars but 1-0 it was completly unexpected!!!
Second half the Pillars received and tried to cover the ball for couple of turns (sidenote: I need to learn to play chainsaw). Turn 2 they offered a 2DB on the ball carrier, stupid! Hopefully the blodger ball carrier survived and kept the ball. Next turn he even managed to dodge away in the back of the defense and while the rest of the team was slowing down the Lizards he ran to the endzone! 2-0. Only 6 lizard left on the field. The rest of the game was basic struggle to get the ball and cover it to prevent TD.

So I disagree with Smeat, you have to watch, well not all of the game but just the end of the first half Very Happy
Fear the Khemris' elfball!!!
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ttorvatn wrote:
Quick check-up on my dodges. My skinks made 17 dodges throughout the match, all but two of them with dodge RR since the Pirates aren't great on tackles (had a team RR in hand for the two dodges against Quesediya). Failed 9 of them, but was saved every time by the RR (although 5 of the times I rolled a 3 on the RR). In addition, Claws (my krox) used Break Tackle twice, and rolled 2 both times. So, on a total of 28 dodge rolls, I rolled 8x1, 3x2, 6x3, 4x4, 4x5 and 3x6... Of course, the trick is to roll them in the right sequence Smile

Jus to compare, the Pirates made 12 dodge rolls. Only one their players have a Dodge RR, but one player instead has AG4. The Pirates failed five Dodge rolls, but RRs took care of two of them. One failed dodge had a fatal result, as the player died. In addition, Arnold made 1 successful Break Tackle. The dice spread was: 1x1, 3x2, 6x3, 2x4, 1x5 and 2x6.

It was the 2 snaked go for its that hurt, including the one that left my dark elf renegade way out of play and especially the one that stunned my super star Tomas Bot. The bonehead on the blitz that could have been 3D on the ball also hurt. Nuffle just wasn't in the mood that 2nd half for the Pirates! Arrrrr such is the life of a pirate! Swig yar rum and roll thar dice, that way sometin' will always be nice! Arrrrr.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It's shaping up nicely in the Challenge Cup - now we just need the Goldlords to be knocked out and none of the old guard will be in the final!

And Team Albion continue to dominate.

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Albion sweeps the Shield with a 5-0 first round, while in the cup there's only a single Albion team remaining.
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasters take the zero of the board for Bretonnia by beating the Lumberjacks, who came close to stopping both scores, despite playing for survival first and for the win second.

Still, Lumberjacks come out of the game against the 6mb+chainsaw nurgles unscathed, so I'm chalking it up as a win anyway.

Gz to Wotfudboy for the real win though.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2014 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nablah wrote:
So I disagree with Smeat, you have to watch, well not all of the game but just the end of the first half Very Happy

Fear the Khemris' elfball!!!

I said watch for that, just for no other reason than that (and your good play - that was solid, Respect for that).

Fear the Khemri's elfball!!! Shocked

(I had just come off 5 straight days of competitive sports, 2 days practice and a 3-day event, and was just drained. Weak excuse or reasonable explanation? Probably a little of both, but the utter lack of execution was just as sad to witness either way.) Rolling Eyes

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
xarogobar

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Lands Predators and Dark Craig Cripplers played their Interconference Shield match. Another point for Bretonnia
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Albion need to pull themselves together! Clearly we were too complacent!

Black Chasm Rush vs Nidhoggstad Icedragons is due to be played tomorrow evening.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I beleive we have a new Kislev plate holder too, congratulations to Cyrus-Havoc. I saw only the second half, it was nice even though nuffle had chosen his side Smile
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2014 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:

Black Chasm Rush vs Nidhoggstad Icedragons is due to be played tomorrow evening.

What time?
 Jump to: