30 coaches online • Server time: 00:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So, the prelim cup round is showing off the enthusiasm of the new coaches!

Only one game left to play, staffing jaded old Russo.

We may get the main cup going by the weekend, as the prelim round will be over sooner than I expected.

READY YR TEAMS!

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Cevap wrote:
On a more important note, Hooftizan Bullgrade made it into the OBBA cup (unlike their rivals Laughing ) with a win against the A.S. Roma Skaven in a very close match.
The chaos dwarfs were receiving first, as the rats decided to rely on their speed to try a OTT strategy while they still had enough rodents for the attempt. The short guys slowly blocked their way through the defense for a score on their last turn of the first half, giving their opponents the OTT chance, which failed miserably as the poor sucker slipped few steps away from the end zone.
In the half time break, coach Leilond was yelling so hard at his players for their lack of effort in the first that some of them started crying like little girls. After having used up the entire tissue box, they went out on the field ready to show the bearded ones what they were made of. They equalized, killed a dorf, but were unable to prevent the sneaky hobs to find a way to the end zone before the end of regulation time. In the end coach Cevap was satisfied with the close win, so he took his boys for some ice-cream.
P.S. Rest in pieces Mladen, you will be missed.

I never whined as much as during this match!
It was fun to cry for the lack of fun, with a player that perfectly understand that you're partially joking and partially freeing a bit of rage for the fact that you're losing a match
I lost because my opponent didn't do a single mistake. I know I did my best, because one of his TD was done thanks to a 1d block that required a pow or pushpow to workout, thus I think I did my best to stop him, but he really played very well and thus I can only congratulate him
But I did a completely unnecessary go for it in the game end... and (obviously) it failed, punishing me for my overconfidence. Not that that go for it could mean the victory... but one more rerollable 3+ to make a TD could mean a tie
Russo

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
So, the prelim cup round is showing off the enthusiasm of the new coaches!

Only one game left to play, staffing jaded old Russo.

We may get the main cup going by the weekend, as the prelim round will be over sooner than I expected.

READY YR TEAMS!

We were first game to be scheduled though...and last to be played. Like the US Marines or the 95th Rifles...first on and last off!!

The game is scheduled for 1900 tonight GMT

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, eh?

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

One day pythrr you need to tell us all just HOW did you manage to combine a semi-vegatative mental state with such a frenetically active right hand?

Razz

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
Royston

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Could those of us with paranoid natures i.e. me, get some positive examples of Obba fluffiness with which to aspire to?

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=336283
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

And the Main OBBA CUP 13 is GO!

The draw followed OBBA practice by seeding the Prem teams (to try to keep them apart), and as such has thrown up some HIGH INDUCEMENT first round matches!

If there is a Prem team not facing a wizzie and 2 evil stars at least, I'll be very surprised. This may lead to some massive upsets!

Good Luck everyone!

Round one deadline is Monday 12th of March, but after that it is one week per round, so feel free to play ahead if you wish / can.

FORZA OBBA!!!

League Cup Pool A and Pool B are GO!

Each team plays 3 games. One week per round, but feel free to play ahead.

Deadline for Round 1: Monday 12th March
Deadline for Round 2: Monday 19th March
Deadline for Round 3: Monday 26th March

The team that ends in First Place in each group plays off for the OBBA League Cup 13.

Remember to post match report, pre-match threats of violence, and other gossip in the OBBA Thread!

The Main OBBA Cup 13 Draw will be coming up later today, once I find time to do it!

Pythrr, bringer of light and joy to the masses since 1971!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

While the main OBBA Cup draw has interesting matchups all over the place, two stand out for me:

[1] First out of the hat was Premiership 13 Champions Real Sociedead, who are drawn with OBBA newcomers Killmaul (Chaos Pact). On first look, the mighty undead should have no problem at all here, but with 1120 TV in inducements (can one even spend that much?) Killmaul will be bringing a few friends and tricks to the game. Will it be enough to pull of a mighty upset? This commentator thinks not, but NUFFLe will tell! Good luck sirs!

[2] The Duke's Bristol Reavers, current holder of the sacred OBBA Ol' Mug, face Dragon's luckless and Brainless Tree Rats. Again, the odds look bad for the rats, but again inducements might cause havoc here. And with a 2nd round match (most likely) vs. Gordreg's killer Arden Villa on offer, will the Orc's even want to win this one? Ooo, the conSpiroCy nuts will have a field day with this one.

So fans, what are your picks for the first round? And let's not neglect the OBBA League cup pools: some nice juicy and somewhat more balanced matches on offer there!

Let the speculation and slander commence!

Pythrr, purveyor of drivel, slander, and libel since 2003.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I WOULD like to slander pythrr....unfortunately its not possible....all the bad things I could think of..... he has already done Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

And still would only manage a footnote on the roll of misdeed labeled 'Russo'... The lettering is rather shakey too, would seem the fellow who had to write that one was ill at the end....

On to more important news... The match v Pyth will decide the fate of Brainless. Frankly, I'm sick of rats, and am considering something a bit beefier next season. an 18 game competitive winless streak, and the only 0-0-7 season ever (8 with drawing Sera in that cup...), just doesn't lend itself well to my attitude Very Happy. Another loss seals the fate of the team to bankruptcy and doom (read, I'll feed them to the chaos squad I think I want to build, assuming they can pass league entry requirements... or slap Russo hard enough to make sure noone notices as they sneak in pretending to be the Brainless players Very Happy). A win, and I'll get that stupid feeling I often get, saying 'no really, it'll be ok, just do it ONE MORE TIME!' 'But I don't WANNA stick it in the light socket, it hurt!' 'No, that was LAST time, THIS time it'll feel like rose petals.' 'But I might...... Sorry about that...

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2012 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

lol - funnies

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Burningham City 1 - 2 living-orcs-ton fc reborn

the orcs managed a close victory against the evil chaos after the game looked destined to go to extra time.

the orcs had 310k of inducements & they spent it on a wizard, a bribe & a babe.

the first half saw the orcs receive & quickly secure the ball while puting two rookie beastmen in the KO box but this came at the expense of the bribe. the orcs kept it in the middle of the pitch until some chaos pressure ment the orcs had to keep to one side of the pitch. but the pressure was not enough as the orcs ball carrier moved up the side of the pitch to stall & then score while the others kept the chaos in the middle.

the second half was not kind to the orcs as they had no answer to the st5 ag4 chaos warrior. the chaos collected the ball from the orc kick off & moved their cage closer to the orc end zone. the wizard managed to take down the ball carrier with a fireball but the chaos were too strong & to play it safe they scored touchdown with 3 turns remaining.

all 4 orcs recovered from the KO box to make it 11 v 10 in favour of the orcs. the orcs had decided they would try to win the game here with the +st blitzer running up the left flank with the orc thrower collecting the ball & moving closer to LOS.
the chaos then put all efforts into trying to take down the thrower & after failing this they tried to mark him.

so with two turns to go the orc thrower had to try & make the pass or be punched in the face a couple of times. he made the 3+ dodge then made the 3+ pass to the unmarked blitzer who made the two gfi's to score the touchdown & win the game Very Happy

this has been my first match report other than something like "woo hoo i won Very Happy" so there most likley will be spelling & grammer mistakes everywhere Smile
Vampy

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that was a successful cup run

OWEE!!!

I really think I might be better off retiring them...
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2012 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Jebus H Man-on-a-stick Vampy?

Did you play leap-on-a-bomb instead of bloodbowl?

Jump to: