44 coaches online • Server time: 19:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like this new rule?
Yes, it's worth a try
7%
 7%  [ 32 ]
No, but i would like some other way to prevent elfbowling
6%
 6%  [ 28 ]
I don't like elfbowling, but i don't think we can do anything about it
18%
 18%  [ 79 ]
Elbowling is fine
66%
 66%  [ 280 ]
Total Votes : 419

Zombie69

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, and now everyone dips their buns in water. Do we really want everyone who enters a Major to elfbowl their way there?
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

neverdodge

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

OldBugman wrote:

wow !! Do that mean people newly registered on Fumbbl can t speak about BB ??
Optihut

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
Yes, and now everyone dips their buns in water. Do we really want everyone who enters a Major to elfbowl their way there?

It's just the obvious way to minimise injuries. But if you ban elfbowling, then you would get people who play teams like my always losing non-MB orcs (I sent them into retirement, mostly RSC Chaos played them and not the elves anyway) or people would simply pick on noobs. Playing against a CR140 coach who has a non-elven team is even less risky than elfbowling, imho. But you can't really police that.

So yes, if people don't have a life and want to dip their buns in water to win, then they are free to do so. However, in the qualifiers I've participated in so far, the amount of cheesy elfbowling players wasn't all that high. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

neverdodge wrote:
OldBugman wrote:

wow !! Do that mean people newly registered on Fumbbl can t speak about BB ??

Even if they've been playing BB long before Fumbbl, TBB or OLBBL even existed, have played nearly 1,000 games live, have helped write the OBERWALD, and have discussed rules changes with Jervis before LRB even existed?

Yes, surely Fumbbl presence is the only indicator.

Just another meaningless and misplaced ad hominem.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
Even if they've been playing BB long before Fumbbl, TBB or OLBBL even existed, have played nearly 1,000 games live, have helped write the OBERWALD, and have discussed rules changes with Jervis before LRB even existed?

BAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAA....

wow...

--j

ImageImage
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Start a league and impose your own rules. pretty simple really.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:

BAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAA....

wow...

--j

Dont be a loser shadow... Rolling Eyes
Chiungalla

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Why not all majors? The only argument presented so far by elfbowlers is "everybody should be allowed to have their fun anyway they wish". Then have all the fun you wish. But tournament = competition = serious stuff != fun.

Thats your point of view, which I not share.

Fumbbl-Tournaments are very much fun.
Competitions can be very much fun.
Serious stuff can be very much fun.

In fact some of the greatest fun I ever had in my live belongs to serious stuff as science, and there lies an amazing amount of beauty and fun in serious stuff.

So your point of view is clearly not the way all of us think. And that is the point in trying out your idea in minors, rather than spoiling all the fun of so many coaches which don't agree that tournaments are noch about fun at all.[/quote]
Optihut

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

From your bio: <Zombie69> I think playing only against elves to develop your team is totally lame and one of the worst features of Fumbbl, but hey, that's just me!

It's not a feature of Fumbbl, it's actually in the rules:
LRB4, page 46 wrote:
A team can play any number of matches in this period, against any opponent (although they can’t play the same opponent more than once).
LRB4, page 47 wrote:
The fact that there are only four places in the semi-finals makes the number of points scored in the play-offs vitally important, which can lead to some rather underhanded (if not strictly illegal) activity as coaches desperately try to arrange matches that will give them a big win and lots of points.

Last edited by Optihut on %b %20, %2007 - %11:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
runreallyfast

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie, I don't think they're going to change the rules. I don't think they SHOULD change the rules.

If you don't like it, don't play in the majors. There are still lots of ways to have fun on the site. I promise you that no one will think you're a worse person for not entering those tournaments. Play leagues, play the XFL, play whatever you like.

Getting a broken team doesn't require elf bowling. It requires lucky skill rolls, followed by careful selection of opponents to keep the lucky players alive and fill the roster. That the opponents carefully selected are usually elves is true, but irrelevant. Elves are only slightly inherently less dangerous than other rosters. If you doubt this, I invite you to elfbowl against Plorg, or Emphasy.

Now, if you think that careful selection of opponents should be banned, then I guess you just have a problem with Ranked. Since a large majority of us, from what I have seen, do not think that it should be banned, I do not think that your chance of persuading us is good.

That said, I myself do not feel that success in the majors is really an indication of being the best bloodbowl player, with the possible exception of last year's FUMBBL Cup (because PeteW really WAS the best, and his team was, eh, it was all right). It takes a lot of luck, not just in the games, but in the run-up to the major. Even cherries can turn out to be rotten.
Pmg

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking about useless topics...

Let me write something to catch atention to my "new" account.

Bah.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've read so many people dissing majors as "just an elfbowler competition", i really wouldn't be surprised if majors would be taken more seriously if this was implemented, and people would put more value to winning them. The way i see it, there are a lot of people who don't even like the whole ranked division because of stuff like this.

I'm sure a lot of people would find ranked much more fun if the majors were more balanced. So should we take away those people's fun and force them to play in leagues?

Should majors really receive that much attention if they're just for fun, and not really about fair competition?

Last edited by Zombie69 on %b %20, %2007 - %12:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Pmg wrote:
Speaking about useless topics...

Let me write something to catch atention to my "new" account.

Bah.

Huh? What new account? If i wanted to attract attention to my account (and why in the world would i want to do that anyway), wouldn't i have done so a few months ago? What's your point anyway?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got news for you, no-one has a false view of majors as lose sleep over, break your neck to win type affairs. I don't remember a winner ever screaming "OMFG, I'm now elite!" in chat. The admins like the highest TR teams to compete so that by it's very nature leans to certain shortcuts in building. Just make peace with that and enjoy them for what they are. If you prefer tests where you can't pimp your team or pick opponents, play in more [L] leagues. Problem solved. There is something for everyone somewhere. If your fun doesn't come from the top Elfballers battling it out, great. Neither does mine, as it goes. But some seem to love it, so let them be.
 Jump to: