55 coaches online • Server time: 20:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
happygrue

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Whiskey league is a fun place to be - come on down! And it was a crazy match. I am intending to write up a report but I want to watch the replay again before I do. Very tough break there with the server restart. It was the kind of game that was ruled more by epic failures than particularly great plays.

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
I hope it's clear there was no slight intended there, so no need for defence. I saw both sessions of the match, and even with the unfortunate mid-turn crash, it really was a surprising feat by the Slann, considering everything; the ST6 beast, the casualties, going down to 3 players during OT, etc.

Oh, I didn't take offence. I'm just still shaking my head in disbelief about it...

happygrue wrote:
Whiskey league is a fun place to be - come on down! And it was a crazy match. I am intending to write up a report but I want to watch the replay again before I do. Very tough break there with the server restart. It was the kind of game that was ruled more by epic failures than particularly great plays.

Yeah. I literally feel like everything that could possibly go my way did... except when it really, really mattered.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

At 20:00 BB time today the Blood Sea Buccnaeers will take the field against Green Jupiter and attempt to blow their way into the qualifier finals.

Walker is primed and ready to spear head the team to another victory. The pressure is on the Bucs now as the last team for Humanity still standing in the LC.

On the Spectator side of things. It looks like the Bucs will go head to head with the Hammers, since we should be playing at the same time. So that is a bonus for the fans! They have two really fun matches to spec at the same time!

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2012 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, with the final first round game finally in, and piles more second round games played, here it is: My guess at the final 16 species!

Final 16 Races:
Elf, Orc, Lizardman, Skaven/High Elf, Chaos, Undead, Unknown, Norse, Chaos, Dwarf/Necromantic, Elf, Wood Elf/Dwarf, Skaven/Slann/High Elf, Azure/PeteW, Skaven, Slann

To me this is a very elftastic lineup for the final 16. Of course I fully expect to be wrong on many MANY counts, but oh well. As Painstate mentioned though, very few heavy bash considering how many entered to start.

Random details to explain the above:

Qualifier 1:
Lizardman vs Slann - while these lizards have done well, I don't think the run will hold, and the Slann will beat them.

Qualifier 2:
Skaven vs (Skaven or Chaos Dwarf) - while this is the last Chaos Dwarf, and it's coached by Tarabaralla, I think it's skaven who win this.

Qualifier 3:
Tiny Steel Hammer vs (Ultimate Mr Men or an undeveloped Chaos) - have to say this is going to be either Azure or PeteW

Qualifier 4:
Skaven vs (Slann or High Elf)

Qualifier 5:
Wood Elf vs (Amazon or Dwarf) - and it's a good Dwarf team at that, so either Wood Elf or Dwarf

Qualifier 6:
(Elf or Skaven) vs (Orc vs Orc) - the Elf team has 2 legendary players; I don't see them losing to the orcs; however, the skaven team pulled out a win after being down 3-1 in the second half vs wood elves. But I'm still going with Elf win.

Qualifier 7:
(Orc or Ogre) vs (Dwarf or Necromantic) - the Ogres don't have much chance here, and I don't think the Orcs are developed enough to stop either the dwarves or the necromantic

Qualifier 8:
(Vampire or Norse) vs (Vampire or Skaven) - this Norse team is BIG and hits HARD. I think they'll be able to beat everyone else; but if they don't, it'll be Vampire Shenanigans that stop them.

Qualifier 9:
Norse vs (Chaos or Orc) - although these Orcs already beat one Chaos, I don't think they'll do it a second time. Chaos or Norse, with Chaos having the advantage over their av 7 opponents.

Qualifier 10:
Lizardman vs (Chaos or Orc) - I won't try to predict my own qualifier.

Qualifier 11:
(Dark Elf or Amazon) vs (Chaos or Undead) - that Undead team is HOT. They have the power to beat all 3 of their opponents.

Qualifier 12:
(Wood Elf or Chaos) vs Orc - again, I don't think these Orcs can beat their opponents, even with an upset win over massive Skaven; and this Chaos team comes with a reasonable number of elf killers, so Chaos.

Qualifier 13:
(Skaven or High Elf) vs (Undead or Chaos) - The Skaven and High Elf teams seem to be superior here.

Qualifier 14:
Necromantic vs (Dwarf or Lizardman) - I think the Lizardmen can take this one home with their extremely developed skinks.

Qualifier 15:
Orc vs (Wood Elf or Chaos) - Wood Elf beats Chaos, Orc beats mangled Wood Elf

Qualifier 16:
Wood Elf vs Elf - I think the Elf stat freaks have the advantage here.
shusaku

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2012 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The woodelves are much better than the squishy elf team Smile
shusaku

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2012 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

or seeing the match much more lucky Smile
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2012 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So Qualifier 10 has it's finalists ready to go: Shindahl vs Bret "Hitman" Hart. Second massive legendary player Shindahl has played against in the Lustrian Cup; and while Bret is 'only' Strength 5, Shindahl will undoubtedly die this game.

So come out and watch, and scream, and boo, and cheer, and cry for blood!
Scheduled to happen sometime before next Wednesday Razz

And now it has happened.. Shindahl could not defeat 2 legends in a row, and the bloody chaos have advanced. Very bloody after that first half. But the apo saved Shindahl from dying!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2012 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for your loss.

At least the Monsters can play against Shindahl then some day! Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2012 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The top 8 of the black cup had: vampire, woodelf, pro elf, skaven, goblin and undead and 2 chaos. I would say pretty ball oriented.

The Lustrian challenge so far has: woodelf, vampire, necro, 2 dwarf, 3 chaos and in the qualifier finals: dark elf, pro elf, 2 skaven, and 2 orcs, Norse, 2 undead, necro, dwarf.

Both the winners and the finals are more bash oriented than the box tourney. So ranked seems to be bashier than box. Or not?
No nurgle teams in either tourney. Dark elf not very strong anymore. Undead and Necro on the rise. Av7 elves doing better than av8 elves. Lets see what the dwarves can do in the Lustrian Challenge.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2012 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there might be another explanation. In the box at high TV generally you face other bash so bash team is build to face other bash teams. In R if you want to get games with your killers you either build thru tournaments facing different teams or you build a team that people are less afraid to play against. Or you waith for a long long time and hope to get a game.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the LC **

The Challenge stage has kicked off. Both these brackets are sure to bring us some really good match ups. This is going to be a lot of fun.
Lets get some picks and take a look at the first round.

Group 2

Red Magic
VS
Lyrical Bad Boys

Classic Chaos/Orc match up in this one. Red Magic brings the claw to this match and should be able to inflict some serious pain on the Orcs. The Bad Boys, where is the Mighty Blow? They dont seem to bad to me.

Red Magic inflicts some serious punishment and take this one 2-0.

Tiny Steel Hammers
VS
Lone Stars

Hammers get no love on the opening round match, nasty claw chaos. There is some serious "pucker" factor going on in the Hammers front office. Lone Stars also have some "pucker" going on themselves. Both teams are really leery of this match up. If it gets really ugly on the CAS front one or both teams could be eliminated in round 1 by having to many players RIP or SI-Perm.

Both teams play this one really close to the vest. So close in fact that it ends in a 1-1 Tie.

Uisghe Beatha
VS
Malditos Roedores

Both these teams leaped for joy at the opening round match. This is going to be a really tight match. Neither team wants to "blow" it in the opening round because the bash index goes through the roof in the following rounds. Once again a close to the vest type of match. It comes down to the closing turns of the match.

Uisghe takes this one 3-2 on the closing turn of the match.

Purple Delvers
VS
Sithi D team

The classic woodie VS dorf match up for our enjoyment. Dorfs worried about gettting elfballed in the opening round for a loss and the Woodies affraid they wont have much of a team left for the second round.

Delvers deliver enough punishment to last out the match but have to settle for a 1-1 tie in the end.

Group 1

Excellence of Execution
VS
Green Jupiter

This is going to be extemely ugly FUMBBL fans. The "market" is going to get flooded with Lizard skins from this match to the point that it tanks the price of lizard skin prices back in Altdorf.

Execution wins this one 2-0 and inflicts 9 CAS.

Going for a Walk
VS
Amsterdamn Rats

This is going to be a match up that is dictated on how many CAS the skaven take, pure and simple. If the Rats LOS can hold up, the skaven are golden.

Should be a close match coming down to the last few turns.

Going for a Walk has enough to push themselves over the end line for a 2-1 win.

Kill Purplegoo
VS
Cult of the Dead Bunnies

This is going to be a great match up, very even teams. It is going to come down to the 3 or 4 plays in the match that decide the winner.

In the end though both teams settle for a tie. 2-2

Asian Dub Foundation
VS
Backyard Orcs

Dub has way to much blodge for the orcs one tackler to handle in this one. The orcs are going to be running around the backyard all match long, but end up just running in circles.

Asian Dub takes this one easy in a nice opening round 2-1 win.

Last edited by PainState on %b %28, %2012 - %15:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Azure

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

The Challenge stage has kicked off. Both these brackets are sure to bring us some really good match ups. This is going to be a lot of fun.
Lets get some picks and take a look at the first round.

Group 2

Tiny Steel Hammers
VS
Lone Stars

Hammers get no love on the opening round match, nasty claw chaos. There is some serious "pucker" factor going on in the Hammers front office. Lone Stars also have some "pucker" going on themselves. Both teams are really leery of this match up. If it gets really ugly on the CAS front one or both teams could be eliminated in round 1 by having to many players RIP or SI-Perm.

Both teams play this one really close to the vest. So close in fact that it ends in a 1-1 Tie.

Wise words I think. We shall know soon - kickoff in about 15 minutes.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Memo to all FUMBBL coaches

Smoked Woodstock suffered a broken jaw in the opening round. He is currently at the St. Mary's hospital in a full skink body cast. The hospital is not allowing visitors so you if you wish to send a get well soon card or some trinket of affection just drop it off at the front desk and they will make sure he gets it.

Thanks, Staff of St. Mary's

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2012 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 3 is about to be finished up and man the action has been hot and heavy. But the front runners have been established and we can now get a good gauge on how this is all is going to break down.

Group #1

Green Jupiter has clinched their spot in the final 4 with and impresive 3 game win streak. They are rolling right now and look to be a tough "out" in the Semi final match.

The winner of the Excellenc of Execution VS Asian Dub Foundation will join the Amsterdam rats in a tie for the second spot in the qualifier. Those two teams will have a huge advantage in the final round to secure their spot in the Semi final round.

The rest of the Group is basically on the outside looking in. They have to hope for Ties from the Rats and the winner of Asian Dub and Excellence in Round 4 to have any shot at sneaking in after round 4 on a tie breaker.

Group #2

Group 2 is shaking down like group #1

The winner of Malditos Roedores VS Sithi D Team will clinch their spot in the Semi final and the loser will have a big advantage in pts heading into round 4.

The rest of the group is mired in ties and losses but there is a large group of teams lurking IF Malditos and Sithi end in a draw. Well then you have a massive log jam of possible Tie breaker scenarios based on points after round 4.

Bottom line here. If you want this to be comptetive in terms of final standings and like tie breaker scenarios...they you have to be rooting for a Tie in the final match of round 3.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 12:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So we come to round 4 of the challenge stage, and it's mostly still 'all to play for'. Here's a crib sheet so you know what you are watching, and why....

Details here: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&p=tournaments&group=4414

Tie Breaks are decided by TD's counting for 1 point, and cas 0.5. Both given and received
Group 1:

Green Jupiter v Asian Dub Foundation
Green Jupiter, a Lizardman team, have 6 points and are all but safe and through to the semi finals. A win or draw sees them through, and even a loss if they dont lose too badly, should be fine. Asian Dub Foundation lie second, a High Elf Team, and need the win to add to their 4 points. A draw would see them possibly make it through, but would depend on other results and importantly tie breaks. In this group only Green Jupiter have a decent tie breaking score.

Amsterdam Rats v Cult of the Dead Bunnies
Amsterdam rats also have 4 points, and a reasonable tie break score, a good win should see them through unless Asian Dub Foundation win far better than them. For Cult of the Dead Bunnies it is simpler, they need to win. they also need Asian Dub Foundation to lose, or draw and see a swing to the bunnies in tie breaks.

KillPurpleGoo v Going For a Walk
Going for a walk are out of contention, but KillPurpleGoo can progress if they win, ideally gaining some tie break points as they do, they need Asian Dub Foundation to lose or draw with a swing to KPG in tie breaks, Amsterdam Rats to lose or draw with a swing to KPG in tie breaks, and Cult of the Dead Bunnies to draw or win, and if winning beat them on tie breaks.

Excellence of Execution v Backyard Orcs
A dead rubber, neither has anything to play for, except pride.

Group 2:

Malditos Roedores!! v Lone Stars
Malditos Roedores!! are through, and likely as winners barring an epic mauling decimating their tie breaks. Even a loss here wont stop them qualifying though. While Lone stars lie third they will need a win to progress. Even then they may need good break points to secure it.

Sithi D Team v Tiny Steel hammers
Sithi D team lie second with 4 points, and a win sees them through. A Draw meanss they still might need good tie breaks. TSH are one of a 3 teams trying to stop Sithi D Team from 3 points, so even if they win, which they need to, they need good tie breaks to ensure they dont simply create room for someone else to go past them.

Lyrical Bad Boys v Uisghe Beatha Nosferatu
Uisghe Beatha Nosferatu are out, so play only for pride, but Lyrical Bad Boys on 3 points and with reasonable tie breaks can go through if Sithi D Team lose or draw and they win this with a good tie break total surpassing any achieved by TSH or Purple Delvers.

Purple Delvers v Red Magic II
Red Magic II are out but have a tasty morsel to claw for pride. Purple Delvers have the worst tie breaks of the three on 3 points, and need to win, with a big swing in tie breaks thier way, for Sithi D Team to lose or draw and to match while bettering the tie breaks, any result from TSH and Lyrical Bad Boys.

Jump to: