38 coaches online • Server time: 00:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2014 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pardons never technically expire, but realistically you might never be able to use a very old one (depending how many newer ones have been used).

Only 2 max can be used before each season, with first priority to the newest, and then on down to the oldest. So any older ones will only be used if all but 1 of the newer ones pass.

gjopie wrote:
1) Royal Pardons...

2) Mid-Season Promotions...

re 1) Hrmmmm... I dunno... sounds pretty sketchy... but okay.

re 2) But not to exceed the number of games currently played in A or B division. So if they've played 3 games in Kislev, but are needed for Round 3 in A or B (i.e. they've played ahead, or we know well in advance of the absent A/B coach), they get their score from their first 2 games in Kislev and they (re-)play Game 3 in A or B.

That, or average them. :/

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Nablah

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question regarding your second proposition: how do you pick the Kislev player to be promoted? because if you take the top of the pile there is a high probability for them to have several wins and thus they will be promoted and they will end up in a good spot (score wise).
Consider two cases: first take one of the main team of A or B conference that is fighting for its place here every season and sudently you place a freshly K promoted team just beside it.
Second consider new teams of the A and B conference that had maybe one season in K and now are trying to survive among the big guys. After two games sudently a freshly promoted team gets way in front of them.

I'm not sure there is a good way to do this but if you pick the top of K conference to be promoted and you allow them to bring their points they will almost always face the top of A and B on their first game. Could be fun but I'm not sure it's the idea of the challenge.
On the other hand promoting teams with no point gives them fewer chance to shine in the A and B conferences. But do you want them to shine? (it is a genuine question).

I'm just thinking out loud here, whatever decision is taken is fine by me, I'm only here to play fun games no matter against whom Smile
Winni

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2014 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Very good point! I propose promoting the team(s) with the highest TV.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think promoting the team with the highest TV (or maybe TW, to allow for injuries/missing players, etc. - or if they have enough cash to "influence" the promotion committee!), and allowing them to transfer their (capped) points, would be a good compromise. We don't necessarily want transferred teams jumping straight to the top, but we also don't want them automatically relegated again, after having a decent shout at getting promoted and then ending up back down in Kislev.

These transfers are only likely to happen in the first 2/3 games of the season - there's no point doing it at the end.

I think I'm going to do a rewrite of the rules (but keep them the same) to include more fluff explanations.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This would also keep the average TV/TW of Kislev tower, making it a bit easier for new teams to join the League.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it could be nice to store the TV or TW rankings at the beginning of the season and stick to this for the promotion. Otherwise teams might want to improve their TV or TW in the first games to get in a better position for promotion.
It would also make the post-season games more challenging for the Kislev.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Nablah wrote:
Maybe it could be nice to store the TV or TW rankings at the beginning of the season and stick to this for the promotion. Otherwise teams might want to improve their TV or TW in the first games to get in a better position for promotion.

That's an interesting point, but I'm not sure it is for the best. I see what you mean about promoting TW bloating, but on the other hand, the Kislev Conference is supposed to be a feeder division for the main two. Teams are encouraged to get big enough to compete with everyone else!

Plus, if a team that is big at the beginning of the season loses all their players in a terrible match, they are in no fit state to get promoted.

Nablah wrote:
It would also make the post-season games more challenging for the Kislev.

Do you mean it would give Kislev teams something to aim for in post-season? I suppose that is true, but it is still to their advantage to grow either way.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:

Do you mean it would give Kislev teams something to aim for in post-season? I suppose that is true, but it is still to their advantage to grow either way.

Yes that was my point. It could encourage post-season games even more.
Again I'm just sharing ideas here, I'm fine with whatever decision is taken Smile
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nablah wrote:
I'm fine with whatever decision is taken Smile

I decide you shall wash my dishes daily, with no expenses paid! And I decide you will bring the Fairy liquid!

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Nablah wrote:

I decide you shall wash my dishes daily, with no expenses paid! And I decide you will bring the Fairy liquid!

Nobody cares what you decide, you're not top of the league and we're not afraid of you any more!

Nablah: Thanks for the feedback. It is definitely appreciated!

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Nablah wrote:

And I second this decision!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
Nobody cares what you decide

FRSHMN wrote:

Way to undermine the league commissioner! Good luck rolling any 6s in your OWCC games from now on... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Nablah wrote:

I don't remember mentionning that I would follow any decision being taken Twisted Evil and maybe if you had picked me in your conference I'd more afraid of you Razz
Winni

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you fear me now?

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha, nice trash-talk. Looking forward to being promoted Very Happy

Back to the topic, I like the proposal for TV/TW focused promotion and I like to second it... seriously!
 Jump to: