20 coaches online • Server time: 08:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Irgy

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Mateuszzzzzz wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Courtesy of fidius for the summary:

Expensive Mistakes:
If Treasury is 100,000gp or greater you must roll for Expensive Mistakes. Roll d6, apply Modifier based on current Treasury, then check the Table. Round losses up to nearest 10,000gp.

Treasury Modifier
100-190 +2
200-290 +1
300-390 +0
400-490 -1
500+ -2

Mistakes Table
1- Lose all but 2d6 x 10k gp
2 Lose half of Treasury
3 Lose d3 x 10k gp
4 Lose d3 x 10k gp
5+ Nothing happens

At which point does this roll happen?

Can someone who knows please answer this guy? Does it happen before or after you add your winnings?
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:

Yea, I know, but would like to know how Big a hit my Squig Herders is gonna take.

No, Iam serious....Stunty DIV is a div unto itself. Christer has never mentioned Stunty div getting any of this BB2016 rule set modifications.

There is a admin team who spent a lot of time and effort. Made a awesome, unique stunty rule book for FUMBBL. Stunty will only change with the times if the admins who over see the stunty rule book decide it is time.

At the end of the day here is the reality.

Only R/B have to be concerned with the BB2016 conversion. League play will have all these changes applied as optional league rules, cherry pick what each individual league wants. Stunty is just like League, the stunty admins will decide for themselves what to change and what to ignore.

Only R/B get to eat the slice of mud pie.

Shocked Very Happy

Last edited by PainState on %b %17, %2017 - %00:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
Mateuszzzzzz wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Courtesy of fidius for the summary:

Expensive Mistakes:
If Treasury is 100,000gp or greater you must roll for Expensive Mistakes. Roll d6, apply Modifier based on current Treasury, then check the Table. Round losses up to nearest 10,000gp.

Treasury Modifier
100-190 +2
200-290 +1
300-390 +0
400-490 -1
500+ -2

Mistakes Table
1- Lose all but 2d6 x 10k gp
2 Lose half of Treasury
3 Lose d3 x 10k gp
4 Lose d3 x 10k gp
5+ Nothing happens

At which point does this roll happen?

Can someone who knows please answer this guy? Does it happen before or after you add your winnings?

After. After you choose skills. After you hire journeymen and new players.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:

It's afer post-match. You could sit and hire/fire cheerleaders to fix your treasury at a point you want.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 00:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just prior to readying your team for the next game.

Incidentally, I strongly recommend buying the rules either through the boxed game and Death Zone Season 1, or by picking them up on your android or ios device through the "My dugout" app (pretty reasonable price through there if you ask me).
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Bakunin wrote:

Yea, I know, but would like to know how Big a hit my Squig Herders is gonna take.

No, Iam serious....Stunty DIV is a div unto itself. Christer has never mentioned Stunty div getting any of this BB2016 rule set modifications.

There is a admin team who spent a lot of time and effort. Made a awesome, unique stunty rule book for FUMBBL. Stunty will only change with the times if the admins who over see the stunty rule book decide it is time.

At the end of the day here is the reality.

Only R/B have to be concerned with the BB2016 conversion. League play will have all these changes applied as optional league rules, cherry pick what each individual league wants. Stunty is just like League, the stunty admins will decide for themselves what to change and what to ignore.

Only R/B get to eat the slice of mud pie.

Shocked Very Happy

The new MVP rule and argue the call is already in stunty leeg! So...
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:

The new MVP rule and argue the call is already in stunty leeg! So...

Well, great. Iam not part of the Stunty Admin team and Christer does not speak to me about changes he has in mind.

I will not speculate on those discussion's content..I do suspect though that behind the scenes there was a discussion that was had.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Just one note: GW have encouraged us to stick with the CRP Wizard until Wizzies are addressed in the released rules. I think it would make most sense to leave Wizards 'turned on' as we transition?

This seems sensible.

Bio template here.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks everyone, I even asked the wrong question as it turns out, but got the answer I wanted anyway - I mostly just wanted to know if you can spend your winnings before getting hit with the tax, and the answer is yes. So, most of the time you can save up for a 120k player risk-free, for instance (especially if you win).
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I have my own opinions regarding some of the new rules.. but enjoy more experienced coaches discussing them.
The change of Pile On into a 2nd MB..
There will be some former killers who now just bloat TV- Some Chaos teams become useless now. Of course it hurts when you had that one Killer Blitzer among Non Pilers.. but that makes somehow sense fluffwise. In sports rule changes could often change drastically the way of play and some players that would do well before would have trouble to adapt.

One thing though. It seems the motivation behind B and R is to simulate the board game with official current rules (minus Slann and Chaos Pact). But GW seems to be releasing a lot of new stuff, kickoff scenarios for different stadions, new Starplayers, weird new teams in dugg out app (Savage Orcs, Superhumans) etc
It doesn't seem to me all those new rules are playtested that much, and some will probably lead to discussions similar to the constant Cpomb threads in the past. Also excluding the wizard and announcing new individual wizards (for every race? good luck!), at the same time keeping the old wizard temporarily.. doesn't give me the feeling there will be only thought out changes coming.
Then there are so many new cards already and I am sure more will come.

So does this mean B and R will also try from now on to adapt to these new changes constantly? Or do you rather plan to wait and see what "works" according to boardgamer's experiences? I guess that is not only a decision by will but also very practicable question regarding the constant coding.

Maybe it'd been more sensible to start a new division (2016) which adapts all new rulesets and keep B and R as it is until it is seen what works well and what not.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I just had a thought. Probably a weak one. Would double MB mean that it would modify the armor roll by two? If so, I will retract every negative thing I said about turning PO into MB.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:

Maybe it'd been more sensible to start a new division (2016) which adapts all new rulesets and keep B and R as it is until it is seen what works well and what not.

The last thing fumbbl needs is more splitting up of the user base. That said I think adding seasons say 20 games long to black box would be the correct way to go. After all the coaches there have always prided themselves on playing an unfiltered hard-core version of the game. as for ranked that's a tougher call as there are more fluffy teams out there. So no seasons or 50 game long seasons would be my vote, that way you should be able to accumulate enough money to rebuy your players, and you would have to play 150 games with a player before they stood a good chance of retirement.

It would also mean the part time gamer wouldn't get hurt so badly

Post 6 Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Garion"]
mekutata wrote:

The last thing fumbbl needs is more splitting up of the user base.

True. It is only theoretical anyway. Changing rules that might make less fun could also hurt user base. The experimental Leagues (Stuntee, SecretL) seem to do kinda well, and the good stuff would transfer over "seasons" to the regular divisions.

Anyway, good to read you again. I was a bit worried https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=mekutata&id=19752

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata, the only rules you / we have to worry about are those from the box, the errata and the current and future DZs. The surrounding gubbins (the races in the app, promo WW only items like Grak and Crumbleberry, the promo winter pitch rules, etc.) are all fluffy money making ventures designed to give new coaches something optional to think about buying to expand their fledgling BB experience. They make money and keep newcomers interested until new minis and DZs arrive, but they aren't BB rules. As such, they don't really need to be put through the same level of rigorous thought in the creation, much as we all wish that they were.

There is a ten page thread (ten!) over on TFF full of coaches that should know better moaning about how poorly designed Grak and Crumbleberry are. Yes, it is a bit frustrating that GW will put something out there that is pants with a BB sticker on it, yes it is annoying that new coaches might be confused and expect to see them in their local, experienced league. But it's pretty trivial in the overall scheme of things; they aren't proper rules, so they aren't worth the hassle of getting mad about.

Splitting the player base (or the rules in general) by any means is really sticky. We have an opportunity here to be more sensible about it than GW, and I'm sure we will be. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %17, %2017 - %11:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2017 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

goo you didn't

oh you did.

Why did you mention G&C

why