54 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Coach Standinggoto Post Aliens roster (PUREL...goto Post Open [L]eague Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 467 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 843

Traul

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2015 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

tripleskullseverytime wrote:
What if claw allowed you to reroll the armour roll (...)?

Not possible: that gives close to 75% chance to break AV7.
fidius

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2015 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

K how bout this. When a Claw player breaks armour, the victim's AV is reduced by 1 for the remainder of the match.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2015 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds horrible
sheepycollins

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2015 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
K how bout this. When a Claw player breaks armour, the victim's AV is reduced by 1 for the remainder of the match.

Are you mad? even if you mean to min of 7 you only need a few Claw players to knock a player down a few times and then everyone gets to use him as Av7...

If you dont want to stop at 7 you would be seeing Av2 at somepoint, just broken

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2015 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Traul wrote:
tripleskullseverytime wrote:
What if claw allowed you to reroll the armour roll (...)?

Not possible: that gives close to 75% chance to break AV7.

Yeah was only thinking about high AV. What if it was only for AV 9 or more so claw still countered high AV and + AV was still useful.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I played on here quite a bit about 4 years ago. Been having a look at BB2 and thought I'd check in to see if FUMBBL is still alive Wink . Anyway, I saw this thread, so here's my 2 cents (fwiw):

The CLAWPOMB exploit is gamebreaking in a perpetual league format like FUMBBL and my dislike for the latest ruleset was a big factor in my decision to leave and not come back. I don't think I would consider playing on FUMBBL again unless it is fixed.

Imo, it's PO that needs to be nerfed - bring back the ref's eye and class it's use as a 'professional foul'. While you're at it, un-nerf the DP and ... (oh God, don't get me started ...)

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz

Last edited by JellyBelly on %b %31, %2015 - %18:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
delusional

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What is it with this thread. People seem to be blaming Claw or Mighty blow when Piling on is the real, really big problem.

LRB4 had Claw as +2 to armor roll and RSC as +2 to damage.. Claw was then made sane by having it adjust armor to AV8 (meaning vs AV9 or AV10 these guys actually fell down).

However for some Stupid reason PO was then applied as a reroll for both Armor OR Damage (if not used for Armor).

Then everyone wants PO to apply to Damage only? not Armor. So people want fewer injuries but ones that hurt more?

PO should only be a reroll of the Armor roll. Simple
jmonforton

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I still say make PO a dice roll. On a 2+ the mighty blow and claw work on the victim on a 1 it gets the guy piling on. Makes a person think about it, brings a potential bad outcome to the guy doing it, and doesn't decrease the amount carnage for those who love that part of it. just saying
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think on doubles for the PO roll they also roll for injury.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
The CLAWPOMB exploit is gamebreaking in a perpetual league format like FUMBBL and my dislike for the latest ruleset was a big factor in my decision to leave and not come back. I don't think I would consider playing on FUMBBL again unless it is fixed.

It would be of absolutely enormous benefit to know how many people are in your category. I wonder if today's anti-spam legislation (or other barriers) would prevent Christer from doing a mass email-delivered poll of departed players to gather some data on this point.
Dach

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Either claw is -1 to armor, stop at 8.

or

PO is re-roll armor only.

Best 2 solutions IMO.
delusional

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with claw as -1 armor stopping at 8 is it negates MB.

Not many players are AV10. av9 vs MB becomes av8, av9 vs MB + claw becomes AV7. That changes the odds from 6/36 to 15/36, which seems allot. But for 2x skills isn't too bad.

You add PO to this that becomes closer to 23/36 that your armor is breaking. (but 3 skills in attack.) Either way PO increases the chance by 8/36, while MB and Claw alone only 4/36, together 4/36 + 5/36.

Put MB with PO against av9 you get 17/36 . That's a little worse then then 15/36 of claw + mb.

So PO is by far does the most armor damage AND you are rerolling Damage! MB is just a +1, PO is a whole REROLL, ie 11/36 instead of 6/36 that the player will be removed from the game.Hmm, mb is 10/36 though of BH/MNG/dead... MB + PO is 17/36 (if neither used to break armor...). That's huge.

*BTW I may have these figures totally wrong. please correct if so**
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
It would be of absolutely enormous benefit to know how many people are in your category. I wonder if today's anti-spam legislation (or other barriers) would prevent Christer from doing a mass email-delivered poll of departed players to gather some data on this point.

I don't see why it would be a legal issue, unless they ticked a box somewhere saying they don't want marketing/info e-mails. I would certainly respond to an e-mail poll from Christer.

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2015 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@delusional: I totally agree with you - PO allowing a reroll to injury is the problem. A player should never, ever, be safer lying on the floor on a BB pitch than they are on their feet. Makes a mockery of the game.

Fouling a prone player should always be the most damaging option available, but at a price. Do it too much and your players get sent off, plus they get bunched-up stupidly to give all the assists (i.e. you'll probably lose the game).

CPOMB is too easy, there no sending off penalty for it, AND you get cas points. Yuck!

delusional

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2016 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

@JellyBelly right on " A player should never, ever, be safer lying on the floor on a BB pitch than they are on their feet."

The idea behind the PO change by forcing PO every time and having that player on the ground they were meant to be more vulnerable to fouling. However teams can PO several times in a turn while foul can only happen once.

So lets say your an Elf team vs Chaos or Norse. Opposition uses PO from 5 of his characters and 2x of your guys are KO'd or worse. Your down to 11 men vs 13 are you really going to start fouling to get your own back and risk going to 10?

Now Elfs can win a game with 6 players or less on the field. But if you are Humans, Necro, whatever you are not going to start risking players to get PO's off the field (unless you suspect a wipeout in which case you try to get your guys sent off to stop them from dying... ). Ok maybe if their best player PO'd you and a lineman was standing nearby, however you still risk allot.

PO needs fixing. It has it's place, its great on a sacker/wipeout player. You can't just let MB/PO dominate the way it is. They have fixed claw but broken PO! My preference would be a Armor reroll only (other ideas, PO on blitz only, only 1 PO per turn.).
 Jump to: