20 coaches online • Server time: 02:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why would you not play a Dwarf team of the same Rating/Strength
Dwarves kill my players more often than other races!
18%
 18%  [ 24 ]
Dwarves are boring to play against!
61%
 61%  [ 79 ]
I've not played against them, but I hear they are tough!
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Some other reason! - state in a post!
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 129

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2004 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
... of course the elfs beat me most of the time while i generally win vs other bashers

Laughing
Yeah, perhaps because those bashers indulge in the annihilation of other teams rather than elfbowling around for the stupid little leather piece of crap! Wink
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2004 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, just suffered 7 kills against my Darkies against Woodies and Elves of similar strength (rookie level) against some, let's say, rather mediocre coaches. And I must say, that's what all the the fun is about! Wouldn't want to miss it. If the only possible injury would be BH, you could as well play with 16-player-teams and allocate each player 7 skills/traits/increases to your liking. Where would be the fun of that? That would be dead boring powergaming.
Wotfudboy

Post 19 Posted: Apr 08, 2004 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting on this thread. I hoped by posting it I might get a few sympathy games from players... Shocked However, in direct contrast to the poll results, I still get refusals from players mainly because they can get much easier and less risky games elsewhere. But perhaps that goes on to the issue of cherry picking... and I don't want to go there... Or perhaps they just don't want to hurt my feelings and call my Beardy team dull! Wink

Thanks everyone, and I continue to look forward to playing you all at some stage with my slowly increasing number of teams... and no, I only have one dwarf team! Razz
Wombats

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
I still get refusals from players mainly because they can get much easier and less risky games elsewhere.

Have to disagree...

It's not that I'm worried about having my team demolished - Apart from Frenzy and whole team Block (which can be found on any TR 160 + team) they aren't that punchy - No claws and why take Piling On or Mighty Blow when you so desperately need Guard for the higher TR games?

But with tackle they make your team boring to play with, too!
And there's not much hope of scoring casualties with AV9.
And if the Dwarves stall on receiving that's two TDs at the most in SPPs.
There is no real incentive to play them in Ranked.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found since the ranking reset I have significantly less problems getting a game with my Dwarfs. Should be reset once a week Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

This post is not going to solve the matter or even add new fuel to the dicussion. I just have a compelling urge to state state my opinion.

Dwarfs are boring.

Nothing new.

Just got carried away reading this tread.

In a game where, in my opinion, the fun part is the risktaking and thrill when something unexpected happens. The dwarfs have nothing to offer me. I choose my games and by some wierd coincidence I always end up playing the games I think will give me what I'm looking for. Fun.

Overpowered? Nah. It's always some WE team that eventually thashes my teams in the end anyway.

// Sparta
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos dwarfs are great fun pulling of the throw to the ag2 Bullcentaur to score turn8 2nd half, ooo the drama to a certain extent they are broken no dout, the key was dwarf coachs is to call there dwarfs woosies and go play elf bowl 9 times out of 10 they will try to rervive there manhood and challege you and regret it when the game starts muahahah iver that or they will say yea ok ill play elf bowl, then its cheakmate leave and find a new guy to play Smile

a few words from fred..
Clementus

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just be sensible with offer,s never gonna get elves to play you, or rarely but Orcs, Humans, Chaos etc all tend to be decent opponents with a fairly fun game. And if you play less boring, not the 8 turn cages then people wont mind playing you so much. My dwarves play a more two turning style and ive had no problems getting opponents so far. Though few Amazon sides played vs Razz hehe.

Flings Rule!
Wombats

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What I can't get over is the dude who started this thread looked at 61%>>>>>>Booooooooring! and came up with the conclusion we don't play dwarves because we're scared of getting beaten up (yet we still play Orcs and Chaos who do it much, much better).

Dwarf Coaches = Stamp Collectors

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say that calling Dwarf coaches stamp collectors is an interesting point of view.
I also have a skaven, a DE, a chaos, a necro, a gnome and a lizard team.
I just wonder what kind of coach I am. Am I a stamp collector or something else?

I play a quite good running game with my Golden Boys by the way. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wombats wrote:
What I can't get over is the dude who started this thread looked at 61%>>>>>>Booooooooring! and came up with the conclusion we don't play dwarves because we're scared of getting beaten up (yet we still play Orcs and Chaos who do it much, much better).

Dwarf Coaches = Stamp Collectors

I didn't actually come up with the conclusion that people don't play my dwarves because they are scared. All I was trying to say was that I found from personal experience that when people refused to play me it was because my team was too bashy for them. As I stated, my personal experiences were in direct contrast to the poll.

I would think that more people voted in the poll than actually refused to play me, so I clearly accept that the reason people don't play dwarves is because they are boring 1 dimensional drive teams.

As for stamp collecting... Never have, never will, and I resent your inference! Rolling Eyes I like to play a variety of teams, as my team roster will show... I should really retire my dwarf team as I just can't get the games! What team should I start in it's place? Question
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes?

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

As you may have/not seen from my team roster, I have Gnomes in the stunty league, and I can't play them there, let alone as a ranked team! Razz Any other suggestions?

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Human, orc, skaven, or high elf would be my suggestion.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2004 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

bleh play gnomes they rule!!!!!
Gnooooomes All the way